Where is ride data stored?

John Genx Corless

11 minutes ago, John Genx Corless said:

Hi, this may have been asked before, but not seen anything. Where is the ride data stored, is it stored in the V8 or do I have to use the inmotion app while I'm riding to be able to analyse it later? Thanks. 

You'd have to use either wheellog on an android phone ("forum" version from @palachzzz) or darknessbot on ios phone from @Ilya Shkolnik available in the app store.

Both app's save the continously via blootooth sent wheel data. "Real logging" maybe costs a little bit with darknessbot - i don't really know - i am on android.

• Upvote 3

Thank's, the only thing that the V8 seems to store is the total kilometre's the wheel has travel'd (like an odometer), It's at 49.7km (yes i'm new).  I will open the inmotion app & keep it running when out on my next ride - I'm on Android too with a DooGee S60 (Good thing I got this because if i wipe-out, the phone can take care of itself lol)

• Like 1

The inmotion app captures every single thing that the V8 does in terms of Kw/miletravelled, maximum power output, maximum speed, average speed, average power consumption, miles remaining estimates from real time power consumption. In fact the only thing the Inmotion app wont tell you about your vehicle is what the tyre pressure is and when you have to use the toilet. It will even map out your journey.

there is also a feature that incorporates your camera into the readout screen so you can keep an eye out for potholes while you check your speed and other parameters.

• Upvote 2

I only look at the app when I'm stopped - I don't look at it while I'm riding (too dangerous for me while still a learner lol) maybe that's why it's always sort of not displaying anything because the wheel is still. I wondered why the app wants access to the camera (now I know - thanks), I think it's just a case of figuring out the app (I don't think it's user friendly enough for newbies), also downloading a new version takes forever (slow server or Chinese government blocking lol) and the social aspects of the app are also painfully slow - other than that its OK for setting up the wheel ?

As you have the V8 then as @Chriull already said you should use WheelLog if you want to look back at your historical ride data. The app itself has a zoomable graph that you can see speed and current usage on over time but the real power is logging data to a csv file which you can load into Excel after the ride and plot your own graphs of loads of metrics including voltage, tilt, roll, current, speed, etc.

I log every ride. I don't look at all the logs but if something odd or extraordinary happens I can take a look to see what triggered it or how the wheel reacted to it. The main purpose for logging all the time is in case I have a fall and the integrity of the wheel is in question. I can look at the log and see the metrics of the incident. This was used to analyse an issue experienced by @Cannings in the past when he came off his Tesla. We concluded the wheel was fine and it had done everything it could to overcome a pothole but it was just too much. He was able to then continue riding his wheel with confidence and having learned from the situation how to adapt his ride style.