Kingsong 16s review

Joker10

Good overview... I 've been meaning to write a review comparing Firewheel F260 vs. KS16B vs. KS16S, for like for a year, but haven't gotten around to it  :whistling:

Btw, the range is really dependent on rider weight and environmental circumstances... I can take the 840Wh KS16S up to above 50 kilometers (about 30 miles) per charge (probably could do 60km / 37 miles if riding more slowly), but I'm lightweight, and strong headwind can cut the range in half. 

Some screenshots I captured while testing the KS16B / 680Wh battery for giving information for buyers (I'm currently selling it, the current buyer just hasn't wired the money yet, and I haven't shipped the wheel ;)) after 34.5km trip in good conditions (about 25C / 77F, not much wind, 27kmh / 17mph average speed):

UuwWDwJ.png

VKEqEMR.png

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great review thanks a lot! I am also like you upgrading from a Ninebot one eplus to the 16S... I've got 1200 km on the Ninebot and simply  love it but like you know the limiter kicks in a little sooner than we would like... I've done a ton of research and my conclusion was to get the 16S. Now from what I've seen the acceleration is great up to too speed.....my question is.....is it easy to hold it on a good road at the top speed of just under 35km/h? Can you comfortably cruise at its top speed or do you hit the limiter often? Thanks 

I try to keep it at 33km or less, so I can’t answer you on that.  When the battery level gets lower i occasionally hit tilt back and haven’t found it to be unsafe, I just don’t like the idea of hitting tilt back at full speed.  Probably something I should start playing with.

38 minutes ago, Joker10 said:

I try to keep it at 33km or less, so I can’t answer you on that.  When the battery level gets lower i occasionally hit tilt back and haven’t found it to be unsafe, I just don’t like the idea of hitting tilt back at full speed.  Probably something I should start playing with.

The tilt back on the KS16s at full speed does not bother me.  I was playing with the tilt back at 10 mph just to see what to expect and I fell on my butt all three time that it tilted.  The next day I hit the tilt at 21.8 and it did not even bother me.  I was expecting a beep but it got turned off somehow.  That was back in the early days of learning.  You really don't want to get tilted until you a very comfortable on the wheel.  

I can go 24 miles and still have a 37% charge.     up and down bike trails, sharp turns average speed of 16 mph.  220 pounds. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:48 AM, Anton Prinsloo said:

Great review thanks a lot! I am also like you upgrading from a Ninebot one eplus to the 16S... I've got 1200 km on the Ninebot and simply  love it but like you know the limiter kicks in a little sooner than we would like... I've done a ton of research and my conclusion was to get the 16S. Now from what I've seen the acceleration is great up to too speed.....my question is.....is it easy to hold it on a good road at the top speed of just under 35km/h? Can you comfortably cruise at its top speed or do you hit the limiter often? Thanks 

On the ks16s I set the beep at 31 km/h and cruise just under the beep.  The tilt is uncomfortable so I try to stay away from it. The tilt is more of a penalty.  The MSuper tilt in more of a gentle warring which is good because at 48 km/h you can't hear the beep.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after seeing rocky tops distances and JES rode with another rider with a 16s who rode 27 miles and had battery left, I contacted Jason McNeil.  I bought mine used from someone who just couldn’t learn it.  He purchased it from Jason McNeil at Ewheels.  I contacted Jason and he helped me troubleshoot it, mailed the parts needed to make the repair quickly, and got me all fixed up.  How can you beat that customer service.  The wheel was still under warranty and Jason covered the wheel for the second owner, yet another reason to purchase all your wheels from  Ewheels.  Once replaced the wheel charged right up to 100%.  My best range on flat ground with no music or headlight with the bad battery was 20 miles and about 18% battery left.  I just got back from a 13 mile ride with 750’ of ascent and had 68-70% battery left.  Impressive wheel.  I can’t recommend Ewheels enough.  Excellent company and excellent customer service.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I decided yesterday that I would practice hitting tilt back so I could get used to it.  I used to ride tiltback all the time on the ninebot.  Set the Ollie - tiltback for about 22and the audible 2km lower and practiced it some, then set everything a bit faster and practice at that speed.  I got up to where I was hitting tiltback at the 35 km max.  What I gather from this is that if you slam into the tiltback speed the tiltback will be more aggressive and if you gradually enter the tiltback speed it is gradual tiltback. Once I get up to the higher speeds I don’t make any fast acceleration changes so I don’t get any aggressive tiltback.  Final settings were Ollie speed at 35km and audible alarm at 34km.  

Edited by Joker10