Inmotion L8F review

Gustesta

11 minutes ago, BarrettJ said:

@Esper @Edddeus would I be in the same boat with a similarly priced EUC (like the Glide 2)?  Is it something about scooter design vs EUC design?  Or should I just be going into this hobby in general with the expectation that I'll need to be learning (and spending?) more on repairs that I'd have initially thought?

I feel like my expectations aren't too high, but I'm in Wisconsin where there's snow or slush on the ground a good chunk of the year (in addition to temperatures where you don't want to be outdoors) so the timing of my purchases in this area are important (especially with something I'd need to practice on first, like an EUC) as if I wait too long, I'd probably be better off waiting until closer to spring.  

My desire is to be able to go the 1.25ish miles it is to work - I can take road (though it's sometimes not great road - Wisconsin winters aren't kind to roads...neither are county budgets) or sometimes sidewalk - there are hills, but not much and not too steep - possibly doing that back and forth up to four times (so there, home for lunch, back, and then home) - so like 5ish miles.  Sometimes I'll want to go a little bit farther than that to the grocery store to pick up an item or two.  Sometimes I'd just want to ride for fun which could be longer or on more varied terrain (though this would more be with the EUC than an e-kickscooter, that would be more for work/groceries/errands).

Thanks for any advice with this (and sorry to kinda hijack the thread)!

Similarly priced EUC compared to low end scooter. The EUC wins. They have been perfecting the wheels for several years now. This isn't to say that the EUC will not break because they all can. But you will have faster speeds and better range with the similarly priced scooters.

I had a commute very similar to yours and was able to make due with the Ninebot C+ Just charge it a little at home during lunch break. And the Ninebot was only $400. With the cost of buying a scooter I would get the Mten3.

The only reason I got a scooter was because the scooter I got is safer to ride at those top speeds than an euc. (bumps, potholes, cracks, roots, rocks, sand, gravel, etc)

• Like 1

Agree with everything you said. We're in a similar position, heavier EUC rider here who tried out a L8F. I bought it for my wife, and am trying to get her to ride it while I ride my EUC. Thought I'd throw my short review into this thread instead of making a new one.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 11:50 PM, Alien Rides said:

Agree with everything you said. We're in a similar position, heavier EUC rider here who tried out a L8F. I bought it for my wife, and am trying to get her to ride it while I ride my EUC. Thought I'd throw my short review into this thread instead of making a new one.

@Alien Rides How is your wife liking the L8F these days? I am thinking about getting one for my partner as she isn't comfortable learning to ride my Glide3 so I am looking at the L8F to stick with the same brand, and it looks nice.

17 minutes ago, prasket said:

@Alien Rides How is your wife liking the L8F these days? I am thinking about getting one for my partner as she isn't comfortable learning to ride my Glide3 so I am looking at the L8F to stick with the same brand, and it looks nice. 

We actually ended up selling since she was not riding it much, but are looking at getting something a little more faster/fun. Also it looks like ewheels stopped selling this model, so I wonder if that means the end of the line for it. Maybe look into another available model? One of the falconpev or turbodart models perhaps?

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask all Inmotion L8F users, if you can check in the app whether it shows you the temperature. My scooter is not working and only thing that seems strange to me is the indicated temperature 0°C. I have not noticed what it was when the scooter worked.

Everything works properly but the forward riding. Lights work, electronic brake works, bluetooth connection and app work. Everything except the riding! Really frustrating for me. I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you very much.