Just purchased my gotway MSuper

Donafello

Hey guys and gals.  I am in the process of waiting for my msuper and should have it in the next 30mins.  JohnC has been awesome to deal with and has made this a great experience.  He went out of his way to answer all my questions and even though we're a hour away, he went out of his way to deliver it.  Price was actually a little cheaper or about the same as me buying it on my own and dealing with the shipping overseas.  It really sucks that someone that sees me and wants there own unit has to jump through hurdles to get one.  The average person is not going to be making wire transfers to Chinese companies.  Amazon or bust is the American way.  But there really has to be a better way for a person to get any unit they want.   I also want to say Will Eddy has been great in helping me.  He answered so many questions for me and I know in the future I will be buying a king song from him. What changed my mind is I know someone who owns a 14in model.  Now he's a 100k guy but has stated that his unit will overheat and shut down and he will have to wait minutes before it will work again.  That kind of turned me off.  But I love the look of the 18in king song compared to the gotway and maybe will jump on a 1100w version down the road.  I'm worried about gotways issue with shutdown but it seems if I don't push this thing to its limit I should be fine. I'll post photos and comments over the next few days here.  I also want to thank vee, gimlet and Tillman for answering my questions.  This is my first EU and besides riding a Segway about 50 times, I don't have any other experience.  I feel deep down I can get the hang of it soon but I'm curious to see how it goes.  Any suggestions please let me know.  Also if anyone has any tips on gear, trolley handle and stand would be awesome.  I can't wait to get out with the NY riding crew

If damage to the wheel bothers you then you will need to protect it during the learning process. M18's are heavy beasts and tend to fall fairly hard. The top corners are particularly vulnerable to damage if they happen to hit the ground first.

It doesn't particularly bother us that the wheels carry a few "war wounds" but I know some people get upset when they scuff up and damage their shiny new toys. :)

Archived