AVOID THE V10 FIRMWARE V2.26

Stan Onymous

UPDATE -  It is strongly advised that if you do suffer any of these problem I have listed below to do a “Forward Correction” in the app a couple of times to smooth out these problems. It helped a lot and the V10f does perform like intended, even if liked the past firmware feel better.

Avoid the new Firmware upgrade to the V10 and V10F unless you just want a heavier less controllable V8. Everything about it is a mistep.

From the new speed limiter which says it allows you to go 40kph, but sounds the warnings and tilts back the pedals at 30kph, it gets worse.

It says there are two ride modes now to choose from. Pedal sensitivity means relatively nothing. The V10 now dips much more going into corners or while adjusting your feet no matter what pedal sensitivity % you have selected. Mode A is more responsive to pedal input, but less so than it was before the upgrade. Mode B is just awful. You get all the crazy machine tilting while turning, but its slower to respond to correct or engage.

It makes me want to return this V10 as quickly as possible so I can forget this whole mess even happened to one of my newest favorite EUCs.

AVOID THE NEW FIRMWARE UPGRADE LIKE YOU WOULD AVOID EBOLA! HOLD OFF ON BUYING UNTIL THEY HAVE FIXED IT. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!

I don't know if you've checked out the main Inmotion V10 thread where others are trying it out, but your experience, while not isolated, is also not universal. As for myself, I tried out 'B' mode just barely and did not find it noticeably different from the earlier firmware, at least at the low speeds and flat terrain on which I ride.

I upgraded and didn't feel anything negative. But I only tested it only a little. Tomorrow I'll do a more thorough test. These should be tested properly before making it public. The app is not updated for everyone either. It's a good idea for others to wait a bit before upgrading. And I really hope inmotion makes the previous version available immediately if there are any problems with the new. 

New is always different and different will always feel wrong at first. Let's give it some testing. 

Do you get the warnings at about half speed? Does it over react to pedal movements, with too much dipping front aft and side to side?

I have over 350 miles on mine so far before the update and found the ride to be perfect. At 200 miles, the V10 loosens up and becomes much more like the V8 in terms of mobility. That waas before the firmware update.

I took it on a half hour test drive this morning, trying to go on my usual route to my warehouse. I turned around about half way because the speed warnings and tiltback at 17mph made it an awful and disappointing experience. The turning tuning is redundant and over reactive. The modes are A mode which is faster acceleration to 17 mph, and Mode B which is like they added molasses to the circuitry somehow.

@Stan Onymous I'm guessing you followed the instructions, but just in case, I would make sure that I had installed the firmware from the reclined position like it showed (this was awkward, as I had to hold it there for about 5 minutes while it updated), then reset the turning correction setting in the same tilted position, then checked and adjusted pedal tilt and hardness again as necessary. My settings were borked by the firmware and had to be readjusted.

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Do you get the warnings at about half speed? Does it over react to pedal movements, with too much dipping front aft and side to side?

I didn't try to go fast enough, barely 30 km/h and I had low battery. It was just a quick test drive. I don't think I got over reaction on pedal movement. 

5 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I have over 350 miles on mine so far before the update and found the ride to be perfect. At 200 miles, the V10 loosens up and becomes much more like the V8 in terms of mobility. That waas before the firmware update.

I took it on a half hour test drive this morning, trying to go on my usual route to my warehouse. I turned around about half way because the speed warnings and tiltback at 17mph made it an awful and disappointing experience. The turning tuning is redundant and over reactive. The modes are A mode which is faster acceleration to 17 mph, and Mode B which is like they added molasses to the circuitry somehow.

Yes I did the same procedure as for forward correction like in my V5f and my V8. Believe me, I am no novice with the Inmotion line and have nearly 5000 kms on my vehicles combined in a years time. This is not my first Inmotion so trust me when I say it is terrible.

I test drove it again this evening on my loop around silverlake using my iTouch with ios 11 and noticed some good mixed in with all of the horrible. All of this road test was done with a battery in the > 90% range.

GOOD- acceleration feels quicker. You can still move your app/phone device in a counterclockwise direction to incorporate your camera view as the screen so its easy to look out for potholes and speed.

BAD- There is much less feeling in the turns.  It goes uphills no quicker than before, but has the feeling that you are. The Top speed where the warning occurs is now at 22.5 mph with full power, unless speedo on app is broken. I would like to be able to control the lean of the vehicle with my weight and the new firmware tilts the pedals for you with little pressure in both A and B modes. In B mode it is a little bit heavier and slower feeling, but with the same annoying ride tune up. 

Conclusion- There is a loss of road feeling that I cant explain yet. For instance it feels faster at 20 than it used to at 24mph. Much in the same way that the Mten3 feels quicker at 20 mph than my V8 or KS 18s at the same speed excluding the feeling for the squirrely 10” wheel. I cant figure out how, if I am to believe the App speedo. I will take it out again if I have time tomorrow before a trip. I am betting that the new pedal leaning or force overcorrection is to blame. The V10F started off feeling very stiff in the pedals and felt like you had to lean on them more to get it to stop and start, but that corrected itself after the first 200 miles.

I will post my written review of the V10 before the firmware update later and the accompanying video review after that next week.

Problems with upgraded Firmware 2.2.6

I uploaded the new firmware and updated iPhone APP for the V10F. Riding mode is set at B by default and won't change to A (and yes, I followed instructions. It just reverts back to B after powering back up). I have no idea what the difference between A and B is in any case.

Also, now my V10F is silent. It makes no sounds when turning off and on or when pressing the handle button. I can connect music to the bluetooth speakers however. Diagnose checked out 100%. I "Erased Flash". Still no sounds. Sometimes when I disconnect app and reconnect, I get a "CANMessage timeout error. [f550307]". And then it connects.

I cannot turn "Light Effects" on at all. Holding the handle button and pressing the power button has absolutely no effect.

The blue power light is acting weird as well. Sometimes the outline around the bars is incomplete (see image). Another time, machine turned on but the blue power light didn't come on at all.

I'm a bit paranoid about taking it out for a test drive. With these "errors" I'm afraid I might get an inadvertent "cut-out". Plus, it has no audible warning capability now.  I'm no novice. I've been riding for three years on a daily basis and have logged thousands of miles. I've had this machine for 4 weeks and except for the slow acceleration and de-acceleration, I've been loving this machine.

Is there a way to reboot the machine other than just turning it off and on?

I wish I could just roll back the firmware. This is my commuting vehicle and now I'm afraid of using it. I've emailed service@imscv.com and am waiting for a response.

IMG_8715.PNG

IMG_8710.jpg

If you have mistakenly done the update to the firmware, you should also do the forward correction adjustment as well. Do it the same way by resting the vehicle on its fender kick stand while its on by pressing the wheel disengage button under the handle. Then press the forward correction button in the app.

@JerryR I had that same screen on my iTouch and touched the screen inside of the circle. It found it and connected after that. Keep touching stuff, something is bound to work.

1 hour ago, JerryR said:

Also, now my V10F is silent. It makes no sounds when turning off and on or when pressing the handle button.

Try re-download the so-called factory default sound pack and transfer them via bluetooth into your wheel. It should work.

Thanks. I did do the forward correction adjustment as I had done that on the original firmware too. I'm not really having problem with the app connecting but occasionally that CANMessage error comes up just before connecting. That coupled with no longer having sounds on my V10F and the blue light issue, makes me feel that there is some software/circuitry problem ... which scares me if it translates to something ominous while riding.

It's weird not having any sounds when turning off and on. It's like the sound has been silenced like on a phone. When I swipe up on the app to turn on the headlight, my phone vibrates but the machine stays silent (the headlight turns on and off though). When I swipe down to use the horn, the app shows the "arrow" but my phone doesn't vibrate and the horn doesn't sound.

I'm so used to hearing my machine notify me when turning off and on and pressing handle button, that it's spooky when it's silent.

1 hour ago, JerryR said:

I've tried to re-install the "Factory Default" sounds but I get a "Warm Tips. Applying music failed" message

IMG_8716.PNG

Did you rest the wheel on its stand and then try to apply? I had this problem before and that’s how I got it to work.

That Sound issue happened with my V5f. It turned out to be the volume was reset to 0. Try that.

Firmware Tips- If you do update your firmware by mistake, its best to do the Forward correction about three or four times after the update. I dont know why that is, but I did it once last nite, and the V10 performed better. Then I did Forward correction another couple of times this morning, and it seems to be much better.

It doesnt give warnings over bumps anymore, and it actually let me get to 24.6mph before it gave the tiltback and the warning sound. The jerky turning and lurching is muted and is only noticable in setting B. Setting A is much more V8 like, except it feels like less control and feel for the road and a little more pendulum feeling.

Conclusion- I kind of still dislike both settings and the faster seeming acceleration only makes one feel the ride is governed much sooner. So you get this massive rush of acceleration to 23.9MPH and then a warning as you crest 24mph. I liked the refined Rolls Royce ride I had before the Firmware upgrade. It really is no quicker in reality and the new firmware lets you know this sooner rather than later.

Least your wheel works... Mine was bricked from it. CAN Error in diagnostics and verbal message that it needs repair. Controller is probably bonked as I get no voltage readout when turned on even with the wheel surely near full charge and plugged in it will keep charging according to indicator, so I'm avoiding plugging in.. I trust @Bobwheel or Jeffrey will take care of me I just want to be riding! All my neighbors at the pool want one and I don't want to tell them it bricked with a update. 

12 minutes ago, Jrosenzweig said:

my neighbors at the pool want one and I don't want to tell them it bricked with a update. 

Yeah, wait til Solowheel Bob and Jeffrey take care of you. They have great service so hopefully you will be able to answer one of your neighbors questions like - what happens if something goes wrong with the wheel, or Is there a warranty? 

You should be able to answer all in the affirmative by Thursday. But I agree, very offputting for the weekend!

@JPD and @Stan Onymous, thanks for your advice. I was able to download the sounds and the light effects again by putting the wheel in the "download position" that is used for updating the firmware. 

I still can't get the riding Modes to change from my apparent B mode default. No matter what I do, the Mode reverts back to B. Of course, I don't really know if I'm in B mode or A mode as I have no idea what the differences between the two are supposed to be.  I did email Bob Yan and he's looking into it for me.

@Stan Onymous, I did the Turning/Forwarding Adjustment 4 times but it still feels like I'm tilting forward when riding at speed. And I have my level set at -1.2 degrees. I'm going to change it to -2.0 degrees to see if it feels any better.

Sorry for the late response. As a newbie on the forum, I was cut off from posting until just an hour ago. I'm still unable to send PM's. If someone could tell one of the moderators to change me from an unknown to a known entity, I'd appreciate it.

Went for a nice long ride on the V10F after upgrading to the 2.2.6 firmware. I sure do wish they will offer a way to roll the firmware back. Maybe it's because I'm stuck in B mode but I really don't like the feel of the ride any longer. No matter how I set the horizontal adjustment, at speed, I feel like I'm being tilted forward. It's like the firmware is trying to do the lean for me. I'd much rather do that on my own. Also, the feel of the road is much less grounded and has a spongy, floating feel to it. As I said, maybe that's the B mode so I don't know what the other mode feels like. I can't tell much difference in the acceleration or braking speed from before but that could be because the ride felt so weird/different. Maybe I'll get to enjoy the ride but right now, I want my old V10F back.

I know, it is a bit loose for me too. Try to do the forward correction adjustment in the app. Scroll down in the settings page and you will find the forward correction tab. With the V10 on, press the motor releasse button under the handle and rest the V10 on its fender kickstand. Then press the forward correction tab. Do this a couple of times in between short rides and you should get a better feel from the V10.

But you are correct. The new firmware makes the V10 much more like the V8 in a ride feel, but the V8 had that feel because it was underpowered and trying to do too much. That was its charm. It is an overachiever. This beast is capable of mmuch more than that, and I believe that the original firmware brought out a newer better ride feel for this particular wheel. It felt much more grounded and much more stable. They mustve sacrificed the torquue capabilities for more speed, albeit only up to a point.

I just adjusted the footboard sensitivity to 50% and it feels more like the old lowest 2048 setting I used to have it on. I think the new 0-100% setting has a larger range. I had it set at 0 and that must have been why the ride felt so spongy and floaty and tilting forward. After I set it at 50% it feels pretty much like it used to. No matter what I do with trying to set A mode or B mode, the B mode is always highlighted. Does anyone else have that problem?

Image-1.jpg

Thanks. Most problems seem to be fixed. I still can't get it to change from B mode to A mode. Doesn't matter how I try to change it. Putting it in the download position or standing up  ... as soon as I power off or go back to the main pages on the App, the drive mode switch reverts back to the highlighted B.

I got the alarm at 22.0 mph on a flat road as I was pushing it to see how it would accelerate. No tilt-back. Pretty annoying as it's very loud and takes 2-3 seconds to stop sounding even as you quickly slow up. I'm a big guy (220). I wonder if the alarm is tripped by just speed or a by combination of speed and battery consumption.

Right now, I think the speed warnings are tripped by a Solowheel ghost in the machine. The ride they are trying to give the new V10 feels a lot like the description Solowheel gave on this forum of their older models when they used to be based in Seattle. It feels pendulum like in its movements, and not in a stable way, but in a bad aim sort of way.

I have achieved the 24.6 mph speed limit, but just once. It also rang at 22 and 23 mph. No rhyme or reason.

in order to get it into A ride mode, I selected it, then immediately turned off the V10 and on again. This worked for me.

Keep doing the vehicle correction after each ride, because it appears to only save a little of the correction needed and apply that little amount each time.

12 hours ago, JerryR said:

Thanks. Most problems seem to be fixed. I still can't get it to change from B mode to A mode. Doesn't matter how I try to change it. Putting it in the download position or standing up  ... as soon as I power off or go back to the main pages on the App, the drive mode switch reverts back to the highlighted B.

I got the alarm at 22.0 mph on a flat road as I was pushing it to see how it would accelerate. No tilt-back. Pretty annoying as it's very loud and takes 2-3 seconds to stop sounding even as you quickly slow up. I'm a big guy (220). I wonder if the alarm is tripped by just speed or a by combination of speed and battery consumption.

Also, with android, when I set the speed to 24mph, then come back into the app, the app resets the speed to 14mph.    You could be having a similar thing going on.  You might actually be setting it into A mode, but when you re-open the app the app is change it back really fast.    So try setting it to A mode, doing what stan said (turn on and off) then riding... don't go back into the app.

Archived