Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

On 7/11/2018 at 11:53 PM, trevmar said:

I just used Alexey's "Dump Editor 2.0.0.0" software to downgrade my 2018 MiniPro firmware to v1.1.7 from the v1.4.1 which the Segway app had upgraded it to. Segway's latest app still works OK, just as Alexey told us.and the app reports 1.1.7 is running. All the settings work too. I am really impressed with the quality of software from Alexey and his colleagues!

I am too tired to ride it this evening, although I did a quick run and it feels much more positive than the 1.4.1 firmware. I have mounted the larger 90/65-6.5 11" knobbly off-road tyres, yet balance was good and steady on the concrete. My deepest thanks to Alexey and all who have worked on making the MiniPro into a viable PT again. I will post more details as the days go by...

Hello, great job updating firmware. I just got my MiniPro and thinking on doing the same. Could you please share your experience for the past year? what is the top speed? 

Thank you,

Gene 

The top speed with v1.1.7 is about the same with version 1.4.1 but the pushback is much less aggressive with the earlier versions of firmware. Just follow @MRN76's instructions at: http://mrn76.ru/index.php/programming (use CHROME browser or Google Translate to translate the Russian)

Here is the link it gives to the Ninebot Firmware changing program: https://yadi.sk/d/C38vGNAI3LMqKq   Everything was easy and straightforward and works well.

I haven't been able to get a copy of SwallowBot, I 'broke' the chip that @MRN76 sold me, so currently I am working on trying to figure out what these Chinese sellers on Ebay are selling and calling "Swallowbot." I am posting my tests on that firmware in the normal forum.

• 2 weeks later...

The firmware is only sold preinstalled on the main control chip, or a complete mainboard. It can still not be bought as software only. Some of us have waited for the better part of a year, and we still don’t know if it will ever be sold as software only.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys!
I am in Spain until July 20 and can install the firmware for Ninebot Mini/Pro.
Already installed the firmware to one owner of Ninebot Mini Pro in Spain, he is very glad that he did not have to send the motherboard to Moscow.
Firmware cost 50€, need to come to me, I'm near Alicante
Ivan

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Hilfaker said:

Is this the original Swallowbot from Alexej?

My understanding is that the original firmware modifications were done by @MRN76 before @WEagle95 added more features to create "swallowbot" 

I understand it is primarily @WEagle95 who is limiting "swallowbot" distribution so as to reduce the possibility of widespread copying without payment or attribution.

I have a CPU of Swallowbot from @MRN76 which announces itself as "v7.6.0" while the YouTube videos of Swallowbot" show 1.10.3(?) as their version number. Not sure if there is any difference in features.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:11 PM, Tommy Hilfaker said:

Hey Ivan,

nice to hear that.

Is this the original Swallowbot from Alexej?

Yes. If you doubt, you can write to Alexey

On 7/6/2019 at 10:41 PM, trevmar said:

My understanding is that the original firmware modifications were done by @MRN76 before @WEagle95 added more features to create "swallowbot" 

I understand it is primarily @WEagle95 who is limiting "swallowbot" distribution so as to reduce the possibility of widespread copying without payment or attribution.

I have a CPU of Swallowbot from @MRN76 which announces itself as "v7.6.0" while the YouTube videos of Swallowbot" show 1.10.3(?) as their version number. Not sure if there is any difference in features.

Initially, work on the firmware began @MRN76. But finished and finalized @WEagle95.
SwallowBot - the result of the work of two people.

5 hours ago, Tommy Hilfaker said:

Actually Swallowbotversion should be 10.1.3.

So, ninebot.run shares his own "swallowbot" firmware?

Not free unfortunately

Still at the point that can't be flash by ourselves by an app ???

Still would require motherboard swap or chip replacement ?? :facepalm::pooping::sleep1:

6 hours ago, Ninebot.run said:

Yes. If you doubt, you can write to Alexej

--

Not free unfortunately

I never said you have "stolen" swallowbot from him ;)

I think its clearly that swallowbot costs a lil bit. 50€ is acceptable for me. But as long as it needs to change the processor/mainboard or a visit from russia ( :D) it isn't a possibility for me.

Are you guys working on a app based flashable version?

On 7/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, Ninebot.run said:

Hey guys!
I am in Spain until July 20 and can install the firmware for Ninebot Mini/Pro.
Already installed the firmware to one owner of Ninebot Mini Pro in Spain, he is very glad that he did not have to send the motherboard to Moscow.
Firmware cost 50€, need to come to me, I'm near Alicante
Ivan

Can I mail my Segway to you or whatever u need and pay for return shipping also your fee. Lmk thanks

Hi guys, it seems like a dead end to me... shipping Poland-Russia-Poland back and forth + chip with firmware cost more than 150€  due to stupid extra TAX + VAT (~50€) I have to pay for my own device coming back to European Union…
I believe the only option is TeamViewer remote install or remote mobile app install. That should be roadmap for this MOD.

Nobody has contacted me about doing this for me I’ll ship my unit there pay for it all and shipping back I just want this done can someone steer me in the right direction pls I’ve sent out tons of emails haven’t heard nothing back yet I live in the US 

Hey @Ninebot.run I have submitted an application form on the ninebot.run Russian site to request the firmware flash service where I would send you my motherboard. Is this the correct way to go about this service? You do serve international right?

On 7/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, oceanic_123 said:

Hi guys, it seems like a dead end to me... shipping Poland-Russia-Poland back and forth + chip with firmware cost more than 150€  due to stupid extra TAX + VAT (~50€) I have to pay for my own device coming back to European Union…

@oceanic_123 I have sent them my board beginning of July from Poland with simple post letter option - but with very good packaging. It was like 35 PLN (~10 USD) plus 2500 RUB (~40 USD) for firmware flash service and 1200 RUB (~20 USD) for return way. So not more than 80 USD total. It is now on a way back tour with tracking info, its just much slower than DHL/Fedex priority shipping. If you are willing to sacifice time it is far less than you have mentioned. It should be back in a couple of days plus High-profile tires from China that are on the way as well and soon I am hoping to upgrade my Ninebot mini to 25 kmph.

Will post how the full upgrade went.

• Upvote 1