Jump to content
Atharif

Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

Recommended Posts

Shit... must wait for an app to flash the firmware...:facepalm: no way for me to do these mods by myself ...:crying:

Edited by zugu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zugu said:

Shit... must wait for an app to flash the firmware...:facepalm: no way for me to do these mods by myself ...:crying:

Me either unfortunately, although i appreciate the effort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, MRN76 said:

Motherboard is expensive. I purchased several processors, and upload modified firmware to them. I put on ebay

Still very interested in the flash version of the firmware. Without any knowledge on how to solder a processor to a motherboard is very likely that I will mess everything up in my mini-pro.

Please tell us more about the expected release date of the flash version of the firmware. Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, longinus88 said:

Still very interested in the flash version of the firmware. Without any knowledge on how to solder a processor to a motherboard is very likely that I will mess everything up in my mini-pro.

Please tell us more about the expected release date of the flash version of the firmware. Thank you

  

Unknown. So far, for those who really want, they can buy a controller, or a processor with preinstalled firmware.

Or send your controller for flashing

Edited by MRN76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 6:38 PM, MRN76 said:

Motherboard is expensive. I purchased several processors, and upload modified firmware to them. I put on ebay

Of course it's expensive! But replacing the motherboard is not the same that replacing the processor. It's much more easy for the regular user.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:02 AM, zugu said:

Shit... must wait for an app to flash the firmware...:facepalm: no way for me to do these mods by myself ...:crying:

Well. For replacing the motherboard all you need is to unscrew several bolts. It's is not hard, especially, when you have a video of full disassembling, really. 

Replacing the processor - is much more difficult, but much cheaper :) 

Edited by Ninebot.run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ninebot.run

Sorry.... no chance  I can approach  to unscrew and open my minis by myself ....

Last time I tried to open a device, it ends in several screws in excess :facepalm::lol: and the rush to an official assistance to reassemble the item....:P

If I was able to open and replace the motherboard, at this point I was able to ship it to make replace the processor other than buy another motherboard and mount then it back....;)

no chance...... MUST WAIT for and Android Flashing App..... together with a Firmware files Repository where download Official and Custom Firmwares ! :dribble:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that FW for Ford is not suitable for Ninebot :-) I thought, that if in the FW is encoded serial Nr, you can sell the FW online and the risk of theft is minimal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lame and useless protections....:rolleyes:

Is not a secret that can be set a "personal" device SN both in Ninebot and KS devices....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mapyx said:

 

No chance .... ;) anyone  must do what can do and is able to do avoid to cause possible damages:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for first reports. I have not decided yet which devices to risk so i have not ordered the chip(s) yet.  Looks like the weather will limit riding this weekend so i'll likely decide then and order chips. Maybe those that ordered motherboards will have first reports by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the work of people in the community who have worked on this project, and understand their concerns about piracy but personally feel they are unfounded.  Limit the app to a single IMEI number or Ninebot Battery serial number per license if this is the problem.

To be honest, the motherboard at $200 USD + Shipping is too expensive for me in my currency, and soldering the CPU is not something I am capable of (nor anyone I know), its also much more hazardous and I would be afraid of damaging the motherboard in the process.

I would love to unlock the speed potential of the MiniPro but I believe the only way for me is a software option like in use for the EUCs.  The best would be an App for Andriod phones that can update over Bluetooth.  I would happily pay $100USD for this. Alternatively a program for windows I can use j-tag flash to update (this would need to be cheaper - $50USD approx).

I hope this is something the developers will consider.

Thank you,

Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

the motherboard at $200 USD

yes, it's costly, i agree, but i understand why, i remember what's happen for M365 custom firmware...i wish too they find another way, cheaper and gratefull for their work because it's really a great solution for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

yes, it's costly, i agree, but i understand why, i remember what's happen for M365 custom firmware...i wish too they find another way, cheaper and gratefull for their work because it's really a great solution for us.

 

I am grateful also mate, just wish it was a solution that worked for me, and that the best solution was not stopped by a piracy concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 4:23 PM, zugu said:

@Ninebot.run.......

.no chance...... MUST WAIT for and Android Flashing App..... together with a Firmware files Repository where download Official and Custom Firmwares ! :dribble:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I am grateful also mate, just wish it was a solution that worked for me, and that the best solution was not stopped by a piracy concern.

me too i  would be unable to solder the motherboard...

As for the M365, they worked hard, and there are people who copied and resold the solution

There are two solutions to this problem
- either you sell the custom firmware with a maximum of precaution

or
- either you offer it to the whole community, free


Unfortunately, even if you are kind, generous, offering a solution, there is no feedback or support from the user community

I remember, for the downgrade solutions, two years ago, a lot of people registered here, on the forum, called for help, got help, and never said "thank you" and have never returned to participate in the life of the forum
there have been many

4 minutes ago, zugu said:

Flashing

a flashing solution will be the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

me too i  would be unable to solder the motherboard...

As for the M365, they worked hard, and there are people who copied and resold the solution

1

The same people can do the same thing right now by buying the motherboard or CPU and downloading the firmware using a j-tag type device.  You cannot protect against everything, and the same level of protection for the developers could also be given by using a S/N licence system.  I feel perhaps the problem is not the privacy but the ability to update via Bluetooth to custom firmware instead? 

In any case, they could sell many more software licenses than CPU's or motherboards while giving the community an easy solution that works for many more people, with considerably less physical work and cost for the developers themselves (no posting anything, flashing anything, packaging etc)

11 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

There are two solutions to this problem
- either you sell the custom firmware with a maximum of precaution

or
- either you offer it to the whole community, free


Unfortunately, even if you are kind, generous, offering a solution, there is no feedback or support from the user community

I remember, for the downgrade solutions, two years ago, a lot of people registered here, on the forum, called for help, got help, and never said "thank you" and have never returned to participate in the life of the forum
there have been many

a flashing solution will be the best

Problem with humans the world over.. :) I promise to stay and say thank you, many many times.  But more-so, i am happy to pay $100 USD :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I promise to stay

stay please, i need someone for be representative for asia pacific area ninebot consumer protection international association...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Thank you @jojo33 , Paris in may is looking definite now.  I must start learning some French! 

next may ? oh sorry we have a lot of strikes in may....

no..:roflmao:

Edited by jojo33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jojo33 said:

next may ? oh sorry we have a lot of strikes in may....

no..:roflmao:

:o The Travel Agent did not mention this!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

:o The Travel Agent did not mention this!!

i joke, except 1rst may, national workers day, a lot of walk over the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...