Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

13 hours ago, MRN76 said:

They already can not do anything. Only remove the process of updating the firmware via the phone application, and make it accessible only through the service connector in an authorized service center. And this will not help them, by soldering 5 wires it is easily cracked.
Alexey has already dealt with the ES scooters, a mini plus. Surely, there will be similar encryption with Zseries, and Alexey will help us to remake z6 in z10.

Thanks for the information, thank you.

We look forward to the final result.

@MRN76

TOP ! Great job B) you and Alexey are a winning team :thumbup:

Now, please, ask to Alexey to be quickly into solve our  repressive and conservative firmwares and free up our miniPro into born to a new life !

Ready to buy your upgrade :dribble:

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Atharif said:

We look forward to the final result.

IMHO I believe that Xiaomi see the Ninebot MiniPro at End-of-Life. The Plus is primarily for robotics, as far as I can see, and the Personal Transportation focus will shift to scooters, as the risk of lawsuits from them is much lower. I note that Segway was selling the MiniPro for $400 during the PrimeDay promotion last week. Clearing old stock, IMO, as the Plus were not discounted. Neither were the Xiaomi scooters. The price curve below is from CamelCamelCamel's tracking of the MiniPro price via Amazon from Segway. It is not a picture of commercial success (and it didn't even track the promotional price reduction last week).

Alexey, MRN76 and team are our only hope to keep this form of transportation alive and enjoyable :) :) Thanks for all you do!

CamelCamelCamel.gif

@trevmar Here in Italy, taking about laws, is the exact opposite. ..

Scooters are illegal without homologation and number plates. . They're considered as motorcycles and requires to pay taxes for ownership and assurance. ..

The only reason for people hostination into buy and ride them is for their easy and old drive concept. ... For the most part of people 2 wheel must be in line like motorcycles and bicycles...

Here is really dangerous to move on road  and sidewalks with scooters due they can be confiscated by street police with the aggravated to receive too a big fine to pay for....

Indeed, miniPro with long steering handler it becomes a real Segway at all and here for Segway exists a Ministerial Directive that define them as Personal Transporters and let them go on sidewalks at 6kph max and at 20kph in the bicycle lanes

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, jojo33 said:

i dont said you steal anything

please

read again my message

if you translate my text from english to russian, and me i wrotte from french to english, sure you will never undertsand what i want say

Your English is flawed; you should not write such things in English because it sounds terrible and the meaning is always mixed up several times.  Generally to an English speaker it makes no sense and they have to try to guess what you mean.  People are not going to understand what you say.  You need someone to translate for you, or only write in your native language.

Edited by FreeRide

54 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Your English is flawed; you should not write such things in English because it sounds terrible and the meaning is always mixed up several times.  Generally to an English speaker it makes no sense and they have to try to guess what you mean.  People are not going to understand what you say.  You need someone to translate for you, or only write in your native language.

fortunately you never heard me speak in English...(sorry it's google translate)

8 hours ago, zugu said:

@trevmar  Qui in Italia, prendendo le leggi, è l'esatto opposto. ..

Gli scooter sono illegali senza omologazione e targhe. . Sono considerati come motocicli e richiedono di pagare le tasse per la proprietà e la garanzia. ..

L'unico motivo per cui l'ostinazione della gente li compra e li guida è per il loro concetto di guida facile e vecchio. ... Per la maggior parte delle persone 2 ruote devono essere in linea come motocicli e biciclette ...

Qui è molto pericoloso muoversi su strada e marciapiedi con gli scooter perché possono essere confiscati dalla polizia stradale con l'aggravante di ricevere anche una multa per pagare ...

Infatti, miniPro con gestore di guida lungo diventa un vero Segway e qui per Segway esiste una direttiva ministeriale che li definisce come Personal Transporters e li lascia andare sui marciapiedi a 6 km / h e a 20 km / h nelle piste ciclabili

Is not true. In Italy ninebot mini pro is tolerated, but there is not no law to use it in pubblic 

11 hours ago, zugu said:

@trevmar Here in Italy, taking about laws, is the exact opposite. ..

Indeed, miniPro with long steering handler it becomes a real Segway at all and here for Segway exists a Ministerial Directive that define them as Personal Transporters and let them go on sidewalks at 6kph max and at 20kph in the bicycle lanes

Interesting... In California the law says that Personal Transporters are Pedestrians, another law says they can travel in Bike Lanes and on roads with speed limits below 35miles-per-hour. So we can ride them essentially anywhere :) We can even ride them in our local wilderness, as long as we stay on trails... But electric scooters are also treated the same way, and the rental scooters are causing problems in LA and SanFran.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trevmar said:

Interesting... In California the law says that Personal Transporters are Pedestrians, another law says they can travel in Bike Lanes and on roads with speed limits below 35miles-per-hour. So we can ride them essentially anywhere :) We can even ride them in our local wilderness, as long as we stay on trails... But electric scooters are also treated the same way, and the rental scooters are causing problems in LA and SanFran.

The same rule seems to apply in Chicago.

The scooters are coming and hopefully problems will be less than other places.

@MRN76 Thank you for the awesome job on your Custom Firmware, when it will be available for purchase and how will you make it available to customers outside Russia? Through the download of an app on the GooglePlay Store?

In Go-kart kit mode the top speed has been increased to 25Km/h by the manufacturer (without any custom part mounted on the mini pro). Do you plan to increase the maximum speed to match the 25Km/h of the Go-kart kit without the need of custom tires?

Thank you.

Edited by longinus88

On 6/27/2018 at 6:37 PM, WEagle95 said:

Yes, i know that ninebot app lyes with a speed values. All numbers, that i mention in my posts is from applicaton. The "real" speed will be smaller.

My app do not shows the speed or any othe parameters. It's only a flashing tool. Firmware is still compatible with Ninebot mobile application.

How do I get the flash.  Do I just download from the link on android and use that or do I download to a computer and connect to ninebot?

On 7/27/2018 at 8:06 AM, Luppolo said:

Is not true. In Italy ninebot mini pro is tolerated, but there is not no law to use it in pubblic 

You MUST have the long bar sterring handler on mini Pro in order to act as a real and traditional Segway so can be compilant with the Directive document !

On 7/29/2018 at 8:21 PM, longinus88 said:

@MRN76 Thank you for the awesome job on your Custom Firmware, when it will be available for purchase and how will you make it available to customers outside Russia? Through the download of an app on the GooglePlay Store?

In Go-kart kit mode the top speed has been increased to 25Km/h by the manufacturer (without any custom part mounted on the mini pro). Do you plan to increase the maximum speed to match the 25Km/h of the Go-kart kit without the need of custom tires?

Thank you.

25Kph as Top Speed would be perfect imho due it let you maintain a 22-23kph riding mean B) :wub:

On Friday, August 03, 2018 at 12:38 AM, ozzy said:

When will we be able  to download this app?

Yeah.... that's the point.... ????????‍♂️??:efee565ab0::sleep1:

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nishru Uurh said:

I read through this topic ...did I miss what size tire he is running. are they stock 10.5-inch tire it came with .....

because if he is using a taller tire he will go faster, physics

No, stock tyre sizes.  

If he put bigger tyres on the neither the app nor the Segway would know it - so it would still read under the limit even though you were above.  This firmware mod allows you to reset the software limit on the Segway above the standard limit calibrated to standard tyre sizes.

Edited by Alex_from_NZ