Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

Nothing you said makes sense. This hack wouldn't preserve your battery longevity, and nobody owes you the hack. You're free to develop your own mod if you wish. I believe there's hacks for upgrading the battery too, so there's no reason to throw away a mini-pro.

Edited by redpoint5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anj Villarruz said:

I'm still interested in this, would it work with the new Ninebot S?

Ninebot one S2?

1 hour ago, Anj Villarruz said:

Thinking of upgrading the battery and to do that, firmware change is needed. Is it still possible to buy the chip? @MRN76 

Chip for mini? Go through the battery too on the mini?

2 minutes ago, MRN76 said:

Ninebot one S2?

Chip for mini? Go through the battery too on the mini?

They changed the name in north america for minipro to ninebot s:

https://store.segway.com/segway-ninebot-s-self-balancing-hoverboard

Cheaper but 236wH battery for gokart kit. 

Is it default to go through battery for the firmware hack?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

It’s released just not ota is the problem. Am I the only one in the USA with this hack?

No your not. I have two MiniPros with the firmware installed. I was the first in U.S.A. to have it. I ordered my first from ninebot.run a motherboard with the firmware installed then I sent them my original motherboard and they installed it on it. I love not having a speed warning and no tilt back.

4 hours ago, AceMartian said:

No your not. I have two MiniPros with the firmware installed. I was the first in U.S.A. to have it. I ordered my first from ninebot.run a motherboard with the firmware installed then I sent them my original motherboard and they installed it on it. I love not having a speed warning and no tilt back.

Hey @AceMartian, what were the costs like to ship the motherboard to moscow and back? 

@SegwayMiniPro how did you receive your firmware update, any tips for how I can do the same?

14 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

It’s released just not ota is the problem. Am I the only one in the USA with this hack?

Californian here.  I ordered the chip from them on eBay for $35.  Took off the old chip, plopped on the new chip and away the minipro goes!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, choy said:

Californian here.  I ordered the chip from them on eBay for $35.  Took off the old chip, plopped on the new chip and away the minipro goes! 

I stopped selling chips on ebay. Not everyone was able to solder it.

5 hours ago, MRN76 said:

I stopped selling chips on ebay. Not everyone was able to solder it.

No worries!  Thanks for offering it for a short time and letting a few of us risk-takers take advantage of the chip!  It's much better now without all the beeping and tiltback when going past its speed limit.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, AceMartian said:

AceMartian, I've read through this thread a couple of times and perhaps I'm missing it. I'd love to order a motherboard from ninebot.run and see how it works. If I have an issue I can just replace with my existing board. Could you point me directly to what you ordered as I seem to be missing it on the site (if it's still there). 

You can private message me if you have the time. 

Thanks for the help

On 3/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, AceMartian said:

Good to know, Mine was done all via Bluetooth in person.

• Upvote 1

@MRN76

Is Alexey planning to make vacation in Germany in near future? :)

I am so frustrated for waiting for the official/public BT release :(

Maybe a new idea: Why he don't try to create an activation server? Only One Key will be only One time Activated and the file for installing this FW proof the legal installation with the unique ID of the MiniPro. That means, before a customer gets the FW, he need to pay, send the MP ID, you guys "lock" the MP ID with one SerialKey and that should work. What do you think?

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 10:15 PM, JoshFink said:

AceMartian, I've read through this thread a couple of times and perhaps I'm missing it. I'd love to order a motherboard from ninebot.run and see how it works. If I have an issue I can just replace with my existing board. Could you point me directly to what you ordered as I seem to be missing it on the site (if it's still there). 

You can private message me if you have the time. 

Thanks for the help

They don't sell direct from their website. You have to message them at info@ninebot.run. subject order question 

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, Alex Hamrick said:

Hey @AceMartian, what were the costs like to ship the motherboard to moscow and back? 

@SegwayMiniPro how did you receive your firmware update, any tips for how I can do the same?

@Alex HamrickYou only pay for shipping one way. Price depends on weather you want insurance and tracking. They include shipping in price of installing firmware.