Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

Aw man, the chip on Ebay was $35. I know $50 is not too much more, but my wife was already not happy when I mentioned $35. Was hoping this would be similarly priced considering it is SW and no hardware or shipping is involved. Still excited to see you guys hacking products to make them more useful and fun.

9 hours ago, Tommy Hilfaker said:

@redpoint5

Seriously? 50 USD is too much for a hack that makes your ninebot better, faster and safer?

Yes, it is. I paid $325 for the mini, which my wife was also not happy about. I barely got her to accept the idea of $35 for the chip, but I knew I'd screw that up if I tried to solder it myself so I passed waiting for the code.

I'm sure the fans will be more than willing to pay $50 for the hack, but the enthusiasts will not be too enthusiastic to pay it. Do they have Black Friday or Cyber Monday in Russia? I can wait for the $35 version since I'm using the Mini as a toy and not a commuter vehicle at the moment.

To be honest, this just makes me more interested to buy an EUC that goes faster, because 3 MPH isn't that big of a deal.

Edited by redpoint5
  • Like 1

What will be the top speed for the Mini with the hacked firmware?  28kph?  

I got sick of waiting so bought a z10 instead, now the MiniPro gathers dust as its just a kids toy in comparison, but for $50 i might be tempted to make it go faster for when someone wants to have a play around.. Bit expensive for modified firmware though if im honest... 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, MRN76 said:

But we are all waiting for Alexey to test the application and give the application for general use.

Hi, how are You doing my friend?

Do You know when Alexey finish testing the application?

We are all SOOOO waiting for it!:w00t2:

Thank's.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, redpoint5 said:

Aw man, the chip on Ebay was $35. I know $50 is not too much more, but my wife was already not happy when I mentioned $35. Was hoping this would be similarly priced considering it is SW and no hardware or shipping is involved. Still excited to see you guys hacking products to make them more useful and fun.

You forgot the time the developer spent writing and testing an app to make it easier for people to update their Minipro.  What's that worth?  IMHO, that time is worth a lot more than the cost to buy a couple of one-dollar MCUs, program them in a programmer, and ship them out to someone.

And don't forget the high risk of the $35 chip:  Removing the warranty seals, finding someone skilled enough to unsolder and solder in the new chip without breaking anything and crossing your fingers that everything will be ok when you put it all back together again.  You won't find someone to do that for $15 unless perhaps a friend can do it for you.

$50 for an app to update your Minipro is cheap compared to the $35 chip option.  I know you were hoping, but seriously?

• Upvote 1

Alexey's firmware was stolen on m365 scooter. And now he does his defense against re-theft. When everything is ready - is unknown. The only thing until he is sure of the protection of the firmware is that he will not do the remote version.

4 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Alexey's firmware was stolen on m365 scooter. And now he does his defense against re-theft. When everything is ready - is unknown. The only thing until he is sure of the protection of the firmware is that he will not do the remote version.

Is it not possible to make Alexey's sofware available for download to public and activate the license through activation key like you did with your own firmware for ninebot one-wheel?

Edited by longinus88

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, emo1983 said:

Do you need any special knowledge or requirements for changing the control board? I am planning to do the same to get the best out of the mini pro. Thank you Ace

No you don't need any special knowledge. You do need some heat paste to replace the what the factory used. There is a total of 12 screws you have to remove 4 from the battery and 8 from the control board. Unplug the motors and rider sensor. Lift the control board up carefully. There's one more plug on the underside of the control board. It's the plug that connects the Bluetooth card. That's it. It took me about 20 mins to swap out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Happy owners of a ninebot mini plus for 2 weeks, I must admit that it misses a few km / h and more .... I read that solutions existed hence my presence on this forum.

I use the translation so I could not read everything in full but I think I understood that there were 2 "means"

1: taobao (I do not understand Chinese ... a horror to decrypt ...)

2: the famous firmware (is it available?)

that's right???

Thanks in advance