Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:01 AM, MRN76 said:

S2, Z6 already ready application. For mini segways and scooters, Aleksey makes an application. I hope for the holidays he will finish.

Please get well and have a good recovery.

When you said you hope the app will be finished be the end of the holidays do you mean next week?

Please keep us informed when the app for minipro will be ready.

Take care.

Well..... I'm gone to selling mines.... due no way to mod them other than flash them by a BT app that never be released....:facepalm:

Very annojed by the limits and dangerous tiltback....:furious:

At now I'm flying with a KS18L...:thumbup:

I bought the new chip to fix the speed and nagging. But I'm not sure which way it's supposed to be situated. I see no markings on the original chip. 

So the new chip has ARM in the corner of the chip. Does that corner go in area 1,2,3 or 4?

Somebody posted pictures before but I can't see anything in them.

IMG_20190108_224315.jpg

IMG_20190108_224409.jpg

7 hours ago, zugu said:

Well..... I'm gone to selling mines.... due no way to mod them other than flash them by a BT app that never be released....:facepalm:

Very annojed by the limits and dangerous tiltback....:furious:

At now I'm flying with a KS18L...:thumbup:

Congratulations on your purchase of monowheel!

Hello from Germany !

I also ordered from MRN76  a STM F103 with Swallobot firmeware on ebay and a frind soldered it on.

It works ! and that's really good, at least no slowing down anymore.

The maximum speed is 23km / h

Loveit !

Markus from Cologne

IMG-20190108-WA0032.jpg

Screenshot_20190108_183612_cn.ninebot.ninebot.jpg

Edited by Markus Dicks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BetterSegway said:

I bought the new chip to fix the speed and nagging. But I'm not sure which way it's supposed to be situated. I see no markings on the original chip. 

So the new chip has ARM in the corner of the chip. Does that corner go in area 1,2,3 or 4?

Somebody posted pictures before but I can't see anything in them.

IMG_20190108_224315.jpg

IMG_20190108_224409.jpg

Ask it to Luppolo

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Congratulations on your purchase of monowheel!

thanks;)

really ,I born with original Solowheel in later 2012..... passing to Xtreme in 2015...B) so I began  with monowheels;)

miniPro was my great hope and enjoyed them till them start to beep or passing through  their conservative  and silly annoying tiltback....:cry2::barf:

I really  hoped in you and Alexey in an Android app to flash a modded firmware with easy and by myself ....B)

At now still wish to buy an app and a modded firmware in order to flash my minis Pro by myself and finally  enjoy them ... but proprobably  mine is a vanishing dream and the better task I can do is to resell them back before it will be too late....:rolleyes:<_<

Edited by zugu

On 12/18/2018 at 12:36 PM, AceMartian said:

Well I got the control board I ordered from Ninebot.run in and it was very easy to install. I love no tilt back and the higher speed So far it's done everything It's supposed to. Now that I know it works I will be sending in my other control boards to have the ShallowBot firmware installed. Thanks @Ninebot.run

Screenshot_20181215-221950.png

Do you need any special knowledge or requirements for changing the control board? I am planning to do the same to get the best out of the mini pro. Thank you Ace

Pulled out the old MCU and installed another one with a fine-tip soldering iron, but a good ol' microscope is required for those pins!  Hot-air soldering not needed.  I've only spent a little bit of time on it so far, but it is noticeably faster and the dangerous tilt-back in the original firmware no longer occurs.  I just have to get use to the new scary speed!  Thanks MRN76!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BetterSegway said:

If I manage to swap cpu's without killing my Segway is there a particular version of the software for my phone I should use it doesn't it matter.

Works with any version of the program. If you offer to upgrade the firmware - you need to refuse.

So I met Ivan while he was on vacation in NYC, and he flashed my MiniPro while he was here.

Amazing, running stock tires I hit 14.5 Mph ... The LeanBack is very subtle keeps me in the 13 mph range.

i use my Segway for Local shopping and lug on average 25-40 pounds on top of my 200 lb body weight.

Uphills are faster, the Segway seems to function as it would normally operate.

Ivan said he would be visiting NYC again soon so please if you are within the area let’s setup a meet so he can take care of your Segways.

Ps. It took a total of five mins. 🤗👍👍👍

550C7C6A-9B8A-4D4C-8800-0CDFC3AD49FA.jpeg

Edited by SegwayMiniPro
  • Upvote 2

Ps. I did the ultimate Segway test, driving while on Alchohol ... I was definitely Buzzed to Drunk and I did not fall. The lean back is definitely better, BUT only for those who have fallen from the aggressive Segway version. I highly recommend getting use to the Regular Firmware then updating to Mrn76’s.

the Suble Leanback warns me to keep it steady and not push it. 

The only caveat I noticed is with the suble leanback jumping off curbs or odd sloped down/up potholes and or bumps at 13+mph are different. That maybe due to the higher speeds more than anything else. Cars are much easier to deal with.

overall 9/10

Edited by SegwayMiniPro
Drunk
  • Upvote 2

On 1/11/2019 at 1:23 AM, MRN76 said:

If you offer to upgrade the firmware - you need to refuse.

I use a phone with my MiniPROs that does not have 2G/3G/4G installed so that it is not easy for the Segway app to automatically update, or do anything else to my machines :)  I connect that phone via Ethernet (Android 6+ works via a USB ethernet dongle for data). I never connect the phone to the Internet and to a MiniPRO at the same time. If your Swallowbot app needs online data could you please ensure that it takes data from all Android sources: cell, WiFi and Ethernet :) Thanks :)

Edited by trevmar