Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

FYI

The decision was taken that firmware mods are not allowed in this forum.

The forum rules were just changed to reflect this:

So this topic will be removed soon.

Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Edited by Chriull

ABSOLUTELY NOT AGREE !!!!  :facepalm:

It's a kind of censure :pooping:

It like to close a thread in a car forum where the member post about mod and remap the car .... (there are tons of these online... and nobody never closed them...;))

sorry.... BULL SHIT....IMHO....:pooping:.....:blink1:......:facepalm:

Edited by zugu

4 minutes ago, zugu said:

ninebot payed or menaced this forum ¿¿¿¿????:confused1:

No. They have nothing to do with it. Here, on the contrary, it is profitable for them, according to the laws, they themselves cannot do this, and if something goes wrong, they will be able to refer to custom firmware

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

The decision was taken that firmware mods are not allowed in this forum.

The forum rules were just changed to reflect this:

So this topic will be removed soon.

Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

*** YOU ARE SORRY???. Rubbish, you don't care about the hours I have spent participating in this thread, nor do you care about me losing contact with members who have only ever posted in this thread. You have made a decision that all this work will RETROSPECTIVELY disappear, without any warning to me, or the other participants. Please at least be honest with us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trevmar said:

... without any warning to me, or the other participants...

6 hours ago, Chriull said:

So this topic will be removed soon

This was a bit unspecific in the anouncement - there is no intention to overly stress people. So this (and similar) topic(s) will stay till next monday, so everyone has enough time to collect and save all the information from here.

@MRN76 has imo some website/blog with his project and is active with the same topic in another forum, too.

4 hours ago, MRN76 said:

No. They have nothing to do with it. Here, on the contrary, it is profitable for them, according to the laws, they themselves cannot do this, and if something goes wrong, they will be able to refer to custom firmware

Hi, before this topic goes away, please post a link to a new forum where we can discuss your mods, and tools. 

Thank you!

Edited by FreeRide

6 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

@Chriull

What is the reason behind the decision?

Alex_from_NZ, I suspect it is all a big mistake - @Chriull not understanding the safety problems in the design of the Ninebot MiniPRO, and thinking that MRN76's motivation here was to sell something.  I bet @Chriull doesn't even know MRN76 and Alexei have already produced a stream of totally free software to help those of us who are worried about the MiniPRO's safety. The discussion about those free programs was not curtailed, AFAIK. I think TPTB were attracted by the optics of Alexei wanting much-deserved recompense this time, which IMO is reasonable, considering the magnitude of what he has achieved. However, even a casual reader will note the discussion from our Taiwanese members about the Chinese attempts on TaoBao to work towards what Alexei and MTN76 have achieved. What is being done here is not so much related to 'firmware modification' as it is to 'solving a problem.' The discussions here have been technical and balanced. Hopefully the mistake will be corrected before it does too much more damage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Сan we get the details why such decision was made?

@trevmar, and

10 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

@Chriull

What is the reason behind the decision?

The discussed points are the changing of a proprietary firmware, selling it and removal of the tilt-back. As this is not a one man decission, there is no one reason. But as told the conclusion was, that we are not allowing firmware mods at all. Backed up by the forum owner.

We are well aware that tilt-backs are just a "simple" safety feature and can lead to problems, too. That for some devices it's good to get different/modified firmwares, that other devices have no tilt-back at all or it can be disabled. Also just moving the topic(s) to the commercial advertisment section was discussed. There is and was also no connection/relation with ninebot/segway, neither any pressure.

@trevmar - i does not really matter, but yes, i am personally sorry to interrupt and disrupt member activies here. Especially as they, as you mentioned invested their time, knowledge and established contacts. So there is also no problem for us as told, to give you and the others at least some time to reorganize. Especially as there is no single grave cause which urges us to react promplty.

• Upvote 1

@Chriull
OK, it seems that this decision was made by the simple desire of several people without any real reason, and without taking into account the opinions of other members of the community.
It is unfortunate that the resource on which information was collected from around the world by members of our small community forces us to go to other places for this.
At the same time, there are no guarantees that "several people" will not make any other decision after some time, related to other achievements of the community, which some people may also not like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

Also just moving the topic(s) to the commercial advertisment section was discussed.

@Chriull Ah - I see the confusion now. There is no way this discussion has been an advertisement. It was started by a member alerting other members to the firmware 'Swallowbot.' There was much discussion before MRN76 joined in. In my opinion, MRN76 was very careful not to advertise his or Alexei's work. Recently MRN76 actually posted:

" I do not know why this topic was created. I did not want to advertise it until the bluetooth application was made"

Please allow us to continue formulate and test this major development. Push-back is so very unsafe when going up hills. When you are struggling up a slope, and pushback occurs at only 10Kph, it is very hard to avoid crashing. I myself could not walk on my left ankle for over a month after being thrown while going up a hill....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

No, that's just regarding the firmware modification (afaik beside this just ninetool and speed2increase)

@ChriullFor me the speed increase is not important. Two other things make the MiniPRO critically unsafe

1. When you get to a point where the MiniPRO thinks you are pushing it too hard it slows down by pushing you backwards, which does result in me falling and crashing (turning off the track). It also beeps, but there is no way to tell it you are a responsible driver, and that beeping is all it needs to do (and 'please don't push me off'). This pushback occurs at varying speeds dependent on terrain, and on the streets around my home it occurs at 10-12Kph which is not much faster than a walking pace. It is very,very hard to keep your balance at these slow speeds when the pushback occurs. This is a safety problem, not a speed problem. Better to manually ride slow than get pushed off without warning, but the Ninebot firmware doesn't give you this choice.

2. As the battery empties the speed at which you can move is reduced by the controller firmware. The batteries can actually supply just as much current at low charge levels, yet the machine pushes me back at even lower speeds than the 10-12Kph mentioned above. I think this behavior allows Ninebot to use cheaper Lithium Ion cells than the LG cells they actually ended up using. My suspicion is that they were forced to drop the cheaper cells, for which this firmware was written, due to their propensity to catch fire. The Swallowbot software allows more of the LG battery to be used, if necessary, only slowing you down when the charge is almost gone (and charge has therefore become a safety issue).

This forum is being used to share thoughts about these issues, and others, and is a HOT TOPIC because these are REAL PROBLEMS :) Does the Swallowbot software do what it is supposed to do? What about the Chinese firmware hack, does it work properly? These are the topics you will find in this forum, along with the "How do I get this to try on my MiniPRO" which is such a focus at this point in time.

• Upvote 1

@trevmar Very accurately described the problem of security. And the above the firmware, the more chances to fall, reaching the maximum speed limit. My friend, having rolled for the first time on the ninebot mini pro, accelerated to the limit, the platform began to lift him very sharply, he could not resist and fell heavily. In the old version of the firmware, the elevate was not so sharp. In our version with Alexey, it is even softer.

• Like 1

I celebrated this happy day by installing NineTool and NineBattery on my Android phone.  I have never used an Android phone until today.  Took the first one out of the box and tried to turn off as much of the google spy software as possible and downloaded the two Ninebot Apps and the ZArchiver tool to get inside the RAR archive for Ninetool.   Both apps start.  I put the phone on a charger.  As I mentioned in the other thread my Z6 and Z10 are smiling and hugging each other.  My MiniPros are excited for the first time in a week, I thought the depression might do them in.  It's nice to have some good news to celebrate for a change.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, razor_amd said:

I am interested in one more thing:

If I buy a chip with your modified firmware inside, will it support Ninebot Gokart Kit? Do you offer any additional support to your customers afterwards if new features come out? 

Noy. Our firmware does not support Gokart Kit(