Atharif

Only for the brave. Russian Hack for the Mini Pro

The BT flashing is the only reasonable way. I understand that you want make money from your effort. But I guess, there is little chance, to make not hackable flash SW. And another cheaters will make money form your work.

Can you think about crowdfunding? If you collect certain amount, you will release SW for free. 

40 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Why are you able to provide flashing options via Bluetooth for the euc community but not the mini pro? 

After the problems users here have documented changing cpus there is no way I'm paying any money unless it's got a software update. 

Let me know when that's available, this process is just going to end badly for everyone involved.  

Soldering the processor is difficult. But who is engaged in repair of electronics is 10 minutes. But something can go wrong.

For these devices, I'm not the author of the firmware. I just found how to increase the speed.Alexey continued to correct it and made many necessary changes. He works a lot on the main job and there is not enough time to make a tool for remote firmware. I could do it on bluetooth, but Alexey should do it. I can not explain why.

18 minutes ago, Stano Jiroušek said:

The BT flashing is the only reasonable way. I understand that you want make money from your effort. But I guess, there is little chance, to make not hackable flash SW. And another cheaters will make money form your work.

Can you think about crowdfunding? If you collect certain amount, you will release SW for free.  

You said it right. Alexey is the author of the m365 scooter firmware. The firmware was stolen from him and therefore he is looking for a way to encrypt his new works.

1 minute ago, MRN76 said:

You said it right. Alexey is the author of the m365 scooter firmware. The firmware was stolen from him and therefore he is looking for a way to encrypt his new works.

People on this board are only willing to enjoy their minipro and have a better ride experience. Everyone here would like to pay you and Alexey for your job and I think that no one here want to speculate and steal your intellectual property. Please consider selling the firmware to the users of this board, we are just users who would like to use your firmware and pay for it, not re-sell it.

Thank you.

Well, the choice is yours or Alexys. Create a tool that people want and sell it as a software service, or keep trying to sell cpus to maybe 15 people total. 

I understand the concern, but that's the world of software, I'm sure the xiomi programmers consider their firmware stolen too start with. In any case, from my perspective you either give the people what they want and earn some money along the way, or you keep like Nokia selling things no one but a couple of enthusiasts want. 

Not meaning to be rude, just giving you the perspective from a customer and businessman. 

17 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Alexey ..  He works a lot on the main job..

It is not easy to update people who have to solder in a CPU each time Alexey comes up with a fix or improvement, so Alexey may be wasting his time working "on the main job." Similarly if your colleague travels around the world flashing MiniPROs in every city, fixes and upgrades are going to be tough for him to handle.

These STM32F103RC CPUs have a security flaw, and there are dozens of advertisers on TaoBao willing to crack them for just a few hundred dollars. I do understand Alexey wants to keep this work all under his control, but agree with Alex_from_NZ that it is more important to establish your MiniPRO expertise now, quickly, before somebody comes along with a copy of your work and a better marketing plan, for only by quickly getting your name out (by many YouTube videos specifically saying 'swallowbot') will the public remember your names, and not the better marketer's name.

People could use JTAG/SWD to flash an image, and that can probably be done without soldering wires, or the need to remove the control board, because the SWDO, SWCLK, GND and 3.3V are thru-holes in the PCB. For example, I could make a small PCB with 4 spring contacts on it that plugs onto the back of a control board, thus connecting the CPU to a $5  ST-LINK2 dongle.  NRST (pin 7) is not available from the rear, and the LEDs do draw quite a bit of current, but it should be possible to make and distribute a 'kit' of contact board and ST-Link2, while the plugs feeding the LEDs can be disconnected. I think you already secure the JTAG/SWD image via the unique CPU serial number, so there is a level of firmware security for you from that direction as well. Each MiniPRO being upgraded will need a different firmware file.

I will take a closer look at this while I work on fixing my blown-up control board tomorrow...

Edited by trevmar