InMotion V10F Heavy Weight Performance

Master Blaster

I wanted to post some information on the performance of the V10F with a heavy load on hills. I have recently seen/read some anicdotal reports of overloads on the V10 and I think these reports indicate an issue with just those individual units that have some kind of defect. In general I have found no issues concerning overload due to heat, steep climbs, or heavy payloads.

Some background........I am 6’2” and my weight is 245 lbs in my birthday suit, I ride with low top hiking boots and sometimes a back pack, so for this video I made I was easily riding the V10F at a dressed weight of at least 250 lbs. The video does not do the hill up the Chatfield Dam road justice, but I have measured the average grade at 6% with portions hitting 8 to 9%. As you can see I was passing bicycle riders with ease as the long hill is a struggle for average bicycle riders. The outside air temp was around 80 f. and I can maintain 18 to 20 mph going up the hill without exceeding the motor’s limits. I have never gotten any warnings or tilt back from the Wheel other than the occasional max speed warning at 25 mph, but otherwise no overheat, or overload issues whatsoever. I believe both @Marty Backe and @eddiemoy have had similar performance results with their V10F performance tests.

I am not so good at my video editing skills at this point, but you can see me passing the bikes going up the hill with ease, and I had fun in the beginning of the video doing my best “Backe Flyby” imitation. Bottom line, a normal V10F is a very good performer and has quite a strong motor to haul my fat ass around as it does ??

Lol, I’m 6’3” and 255 pounds and I’ve never had an overheat alarm. But I ride very cautiously at no more than 27kmh because I’m 55 and only wearing wrist guards and a half helmet. I’ve never fallen since the first days of learning on a ninebot one c+. I love this new V10F. I was wanting the Z10 but decided on this one because I hate waiting. Glad I was impatient. 

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

I wanted to post some information on the performance of the V10F with a heavy load on hills. I have recently seen/read some anicdotal reports of overloads on the V10 and I think these reports indicate an issue with just those individual units that have some kind of defect. In general I have found no issues concerning overload due to heat, steep climbs, or heavy payloads.

Some background........I am 6’2” and my weight is 245 lbs in my birthday suit, I ride with low top hiking boots and sometimes a back pack, so for this video I made I was easily riding the V10F at a dressed weight of at least 250 lbs. The video does not do the hill up the Chatfield Dam road justice, but I have measured the average grade at 6% with portions hitting 8 to 9%. As you can see I was passing bicycle riders with ease as the long hill is a struggle for average bicycle riders. The outside air temp was around 80 f. and I can maintain 18 to 20 mph going up the hill without coming close to the 2,000 watt motor output. I have never gotten any warnings or tilt back from the Wheel other than the occasional max speed warning at 25 mph, but otherwise no overheat, or overload issues whatsoever. I believe both @Marty Backe and @eddiemoy have had similar performance results with their V10F performance tests.

I am not so good at my video editing skills at this point, but you can see me passing the bikes going up the hill with ease, and I had fun in the beginning of the video doing my best “Backe Flyby” imitation. Bottom line, a normal V10F is a very good performer and has quite a strong motor to haul my fat ass around as it does ??

Nice :)

It's good to read/see positive feedback on the V10F - it's too easy to get caught up in the problems reports.

If you hadn't prefaced your video with the commentary about the grade of the 'hill', I would have thought that you were riding on a flat road :lol: Except near the end. As you said, my V10F only overheated at the top of my long steep hill, which no bicyclist could ever ride. I would expect the V10F to handle your road effortlessly, as it did :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice :)

It's good to read/see positive feedback on the V10F - it's too easy to get caught up in the problems reports.

If you hadn't prefaced your video with the commentary about the grade of the 'hill', I would have thought that you were riding on a flat road :lol: Except near the end. As you said, my V10F only overheated at the top of my long steep hill, which no bicyclist could ever ride. I would expect the V10F to handle your road effortlessly, as it did :thumbup:

Yeah, it is flat leading up to the hill that goes from the bottom of the dam up to the top.  It's not until the part where I was passing the bicycles that it gets to the 6% and 8 or 9% at the very top, and the camera just doesn't do the hill any justice.  I have ridden that hill on my bicycle and for an average bicycle rider it is a slog up that road.  It's an average hill for a EUC, but considering the V10F can haul me up there at 18 to 20 mph at my weight it's really pretty good.  Next time I'll pay more attention to the app and record the maximum wattage used, but I know it's probably only running around 1,000 of the rated 2,000 watts heading up the hill at speed.

Also to be fair, my KS16S can haul me up the same hill just as well as the V10F, but maybe a couple miles per hour slower..........I don't want to push them too hard though, but the 16S is pretty close I'd say.  I guess now I'll have to do a speed check on the 16S up that hill to confirm.  :D :efee6b18f3:

Archived