Esper

Electric Motorcycles

Now that electric motors are becoming more powerful and that the evolution of batteries is on the horizon electric motorcycles will be a growing trend. Motorcycles themselves are already highly gas efficient and their electric counterparts are not currently in a position to overtake them. But maybe after a few technological breakthroughs it will be a good investment.

Here is one of the few websites that have high speed 70 mph capable motorcycles. http://www.zeromotorcycles.com

Check it out if you're interested. I'll post more if people want to see it or if i happen to come across something with outrageous specs like >250 miles per charge at 60 mph with peaks of 90 mph. I bet its possible, but god damn, it would cost a lot of money.

Posted (edited)

My larger engine motorbikes weren't actually that much more efficient than my car that had double the engine capacity. They weren't fuel injected though. Also, while they may use less gas they are generally much more polluting than a car due to the lack of bulky emission reduction equipment such as EGR systems and catalytic converters.

Someone at my work just got an electric moped. I don't know much about it but it looks cool, is quiet, and doesn't stink! :thumbup:

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Someone at my work just got an electric moped. I don't know much about it but it looks cool, is quiet, and doesn't stink! :thumbup:

Action Wheelsport in St. Petersburg, FL. carry GenZe e-Scooters. These are premium e-scooters meant to compete with high-end 50cc mopeds. Similarly, these are limited to 30mph to keep them street legal without requiring a motorcycle license.

2.0s_WHT-1024x735.png

If I weren't concerned about the speed limitation, I might have considered buying... (Also, a bit pricey with all the options). ?

Edited by RayRay
and I have a moto license.
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Action Wheelsport in St. Petersburg, FL. carry GenZe e-Scooters. These are premium e-scooters meant to compete with high-end 50cc mopeds. Similarly, these are limited to 30mph to keep them street legal without requiring a motorcycle license.

2.0s_WHT-1024x735.png

If I weren't concerned about the speed limitation, I might have considered buying... (Also, a bit pricey with all the options). ?

That looks about right. Especially the large open storage box behind the seat. I'll have to take a closer look next time she rides it.

There are a lot of mopeds around these parts. Based on your comment about skirting licensing I wonder if it is because there are so many stoners and drunks in the area and they all lost their licenses (the lady at work is not one of them)!

Just now, WARPed1701D said:

There are a lot of mopeds around these parts. Based on your comment about skirting licensing I wonder if it is because there are so many stoners and drunks in the area and they all lost their licenses (the lady at work is not one of them)!

DUI Scooter? (Locals may have coined the phrase...)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Here's another e-moto option (scooter or minibike category) that people on this forum might find interesting...

cscslicker-770x433.jpg

California Scooter Company is planning to import an electric 'motorcycle' called City Slicker.
(Nothing special, but the price seems competitive.)

Edited by RayRay
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think it would be cool to see what sort of electrocycle Tesla Motors could come up with.  Imagine autopilot on an electric motorcycle!  :w00t2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think it would be cool to see what sort of electrocycle Tesla Motors could come up with.  Imagine autopilot on an electric motorcycle!  :w00t2:

If they did that, they would need to create a self balancing system for the bike. Imagine not having the bike fall over, ever, and the lean to turn would be automatic and safer. And the bikes could be named, Tesla Fireball.

• Like 2