EUC for the Police.

Mark Lee

Assistance requested from the Forum members.  The transit officer was wondering, which EUC would be the best for use in the Law Enforcement environment (are the current crop of EUC's ready for the prime time?). I said I would ask the members here with the knowledge second to none. What say you, if you were to recommend one.  I must say these officers are above average in stature.  They had the Segways at one time but sadly no longer.  I would love to see the Law Enforcement officers see what we see from these EUC's.  Who knows maybe some manufacturer could make LE only models with lights and sirens (they would like that).

I never get tired of posting this. Practically speaking, it is better to mount the flashing lights higher, so I suggest going in this direction, rather than mounting the lights and sirens on the EUC. :laughbounce2:

Last week I was riding around the city Police parking lot.  This beautiful lady officer wanted a chat and she asked the usual questions how fast, range, weight and so on...  She had one concern and that was how would she stop someone on the EUC if they don't want to be stopped. :blink: Only EUC she's seen is mine and I only been riding since Jan this year with barely over 1K miles.  She has no ideas about more experienced riders in this Forum.  I told her how rare these are, how expensive they are and need something between the ears to be able to ride one, told her ones that she needs to stop, have short supply of matter in between their ears, so no worries...  When I told her that EUC is used in Paris and Istanbul Police patrol, she said "If they make me ride one, I'll quit" :roflmao:

i’d say the z10 because it’s the only one with a legit weight loading because of the big tire. 

we know the overloaded tires work, but in a commercial environment, u better cross the t’s and dot the i’s.

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

i’d say the z10 because it’s the only one with a legit weight loading because of the big tire. 

we know the overloaded tires work, but in a commercial environment, u better cross the t’s and dot the i’s.

I thought so too but @houseofjob said not for someone over 200 lbs (may over heat) in his video...  We'll find out on @Marty Backe's over heat hill tests...

52 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Last week I was riding around the city Police parking lot.  This beautiful lady officer wanted a chat and she asked the usual questions how fast, range, weight and so on...  She had one concern and that was how would she stop someone on the EUC if they don't want to be stopped. :blink: Only EUC she's seen is mine and I only been riding since Jan this year with barely over 1K miles.  She has no ideas about more experienced riders in this Forum.  I told her how rare these are, how expensive they are and need something between the ears to be able to ride one, told her ones that she needs to stop, have short supply of matter in between their ears, so no worries...  When I told her that EUC is used in Paris and Istanbul Police patrol, she said "If they make me ride one, I'll quit" :roflmao:

I don't know. How do they stop someone on a bike if they don't want to be stopped? Either you somehow grab them and/or grab whatever they are riding, or completely knock them off their vehicle.

EUC for police makes sense - more agile than a Segway, gives them a higher perspective (than on foot), good speed, et cetera.

I wonder about something like a KS-16S...  Quick, but not too fast. Reasonable range. Good for a heavier load. Almost indestructible. Agile in crowded areas. Easy to walk with. A good all-rounder and not too intimidating.

2 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Last week I was riding around the city Police parking lot.  This beautiful lady officer wanted a chat... 

Get her number?  :dribble:  Maybe offer to teach her if she lets you ride in the back of a police car.  :whistling:

Taser.  Definitely taser or toss a spike belt.  :popcorn:

KingSong 18L for the win. 

ca79b0cb89457370ff124d495cff3dbe.png

34 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

EUC for police makes sense - more agile than a Segway, gives them a higher perspective (than on foot), good speed, et cetera.

I wonder about something like a KS-16S...  Quick, but not too fast. Reasonable range. Good for a heavier load. Almost indestructible. Agile in crowded areas. Easy to walk with. A good all-rounder and not too intimidating.

Can you imagine if the Police departments starts to buy EUC's.  It'll be like military adopting a new cartridge.  The price of the EUC will go down and the quality will go up.  LE discounts with great service from your new company and ewheels.  $$$

34 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Get her number?  :dribble:  Maybe offer to teach her if she lets you ride in the back of a police car.  :whistling:

Taser.  Definitely taser or toss a spike belt.  :popcorn:

KingSong 18L for the win. 

ca79b0cb89457370ff124d495cff3dbe.png

Hey how did you get her pic... you are amazing...

whether it’s the best or not, if the police went to wheels, i think it would be the z10 cause segway already has their foot in the door with cops with those segways they ride.IMG_4873.JPG.0acb384a122a8e7f36345de6fcbc7132.JPG

i just hope the pedals aren’t the flippy floppy 9b1e+ ankle biter kind for those of us that aren’t the best at freemounting. i swear my 9b1e+ is my least favorite one to freemount. the most difficult for me to do that one legged control exercise. 

hopefully the wide tire will make it an easy mounter for frequent start stops.

39 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i just hope the pedals aren’t the flippy floppy 9b1e+ ankle biter kind for those of us that aren’t the best at freemounting. i swear my 9b1e+ is my least favorite one to freemount. the most difficult for me to do that one legged control exercise. 

hopefully the wide tire will make it an easy mounter for frequent start stops.

Pssst... tilt the wheel a little to the ground foot side... keep pressure with pedal foot and against inner calf.  Need to feel the wheel pressing against the calf quite a bit as you apply more pressure on the pedal. Gentle scoot forwards and step on with other foot.  Practice these launches.  Secret is applying pressure to inner calf with wheel.   Pedal - wheel - inner calf.  Brace...

what happens when i miss the pedal is it springs up so when igo after it again nothings there. i know the technique, don’t practice much though. 18s is manageable. 

i’ve been a bad boy about not practicing basic skills. just ride. back and forth. i figure if i’m patient enough, it will just be second nature, if i live long enough.

off the subject of the z10, i’m hoping it will be a good one legged control wheel for me. speaking about the 9b1e+, that wheel is fine, i wouldn’t hesitate selling it to somebody, but those loose pedals, not really loose but kinda squishy up and down on their own, and it’s sudden quirkyhigh speed antics, 17 mph, with me on it.

just doesn’t feel like my nice stiff otherwheels. it’s hard to diagnose because that might be the way it is and people love it that way. i think it’s perfectly fun but reading stories and seeing those videos of people faceplanting, hard to tell. can’t go over to my neighbor and borrow his.

all the crash videos and just learning more, i think i’ll mothball all my little 9bots for when i hook up with my gfs again. i’m too fat now. plus when the 18l gets here, i gotta clock 201 km on it. 

10 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

I don't know. How do they stop someone on a bike if they don't want to be stopped? Either you somehow grab them and/or grab whatever they are riding, or completely knock them off their vehicle.

I think I miss quoted her.  I think she said catch not stop.  All the same, the agility of these EUC's seems to impress them.  I have some of the Police just pull into the parking lot and just watch.  I have feeling they are studying the performance of these new contraptions.  Hope they would add to their equipment (maybe they will overlook some Laws on the books until it's changed to our favor).  One officer mentioned that EUC would be great for foot pursuits... :D

Archived