ACCIDENTs, CRASHs, Cutouts and Overleans.

The Wizard

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had a rider-induced cutout on my MCM4 @ 24mph about a week ago...

While I was able to freewheel it for a few meters before I bailed and tried to run it off, I can't see the device you are describing as safe in a surprise situation. Basically, don't ride thru the beeper. I was pegging my wheel for a few blocks before it let out on me. These things will never be idiot proof and SHOULDN'T be.

From my exp. a set of WELL PADDED gloves with palm splint/sliders will be your best defense in this situation as well as others. Being able to confidently spring off your hands is a body saver. 

It just seems worth remembering here that the most important safety device is not on top of your head but right between your ears.

Had fun reading this, but it's going nowhere.

Unless you'll accept a twin "skid" that is protruding far enough ahead to overcome the archimedes principle of leverage, it won't matter.

You're a ~6" object travelling forward at speed anchored to the ground.
The COG is forward and balanced by a motor and nothing else.
When the motor stops driving you forward, even a free roll will act like a break at the bottom end of the ~6".
The sheer momentum of your body or the EUC will not be stopped by a small skid.

What will happen, as far as I'm able to guess is one of the following:

1. You're going fast enough the skid has no effect at all except providing a bump that will make the EUC airborne. If anything the faceplant will be more violent and less predictable.
  2. The skid touches the ground and then go sideways, which may or may not turn your body some and make the fall less predictable. The reaction time will be just as low, and there's no telling how it will affect the injuries sustained. The twisting motion may also create injuries in the lower legs or make you fall on your hips.

Add to that the danger to others that a protruding skid may cause. A EUC is dangerous enough as it is, we don't need stuff poking out of it...

So my advice is protection and sanity in how you push the limits. Protect your elbows, hands, wrists and knees, as those will be the only things that may save your head from slamming into the ground. Protect your face with a chin bar on your helmet. Use the best helmet you can find. If you can stand the extras, then also use back- and breastbone protection.

And as @Mono wrote above - the most important safety device is your bloody brain. Don't do stoopid.

If you do all that, it won't guarantee you'll never have a face plant, it will just lessen the risk. If you want more than that, you're riding the wrong kind of vehicle. Because any computer-balanced electric vehicle - redundancy or not, quality control or not, safety features or not - may dump you on your face, depending on the situation.

2 hours ago, Mono said:

It just seems worth remembering here that the most important safety device is not on top of your head but right between your ears.

My nose? ?

I presume this technology will be licensed and installed by default on the pulse glider?

Just now, Scatcat said:

I'm almost afraid to ask... Are you 2D, or do you suffer from a "misconfiguration" of your ears and nose? :roflmao:

Since the Earth is flat it's obvious I am a flatlander.

On 6/24/2018 at 5:52 PM, The Wizard said:

How can a non-computer person put multiple photos and Especially VIDEOs on this forum? No fancy wancy stuff... explain it to a 10 year old, please!

I have 26 photos and one 3:17 video to start with. But with more important Video's to come.

Thank you.

Email them to me and I'll post them here 

@The Wizard you're riding the C+, that could be part of the problem with your falls. Riding at 12.5 miles/Hr gets pretty slow pretty fast and the way Ninebot handles peddle tilt backs is very uncomfortable. You may need a faster more stable wheel like the V8, I can't recommend any Gotways or Kingsongs, not even the V10F!!!, I'm old school Airwheel and Ninebot rider that will choose reliability vs speed. Now I only ride the Inmotion V8.

I have 2 Q3s, 1 V3, 1 Ninebot C and 2 V8s, 1700 miles on one V8, 3800 miles on the other V8 in a year and a half, 2 falls, both at low speeds with no consequences.

But if you're still worried watch the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVr_mNjw1o

3 hours ago, Huakin said:

@The Wizard you're riding the C+, that could be part of the problem with your falls. Riding at 12.5 miles/Hr gets pretty slow pretty fast and the way Ninebot handles peddle tilt backs is very uncomfortable. You may need a faster more stable wheel like the V8, I can't recommend any Gotways or Kingsongs, not even the V10F!!!, I'm old school Airwheel and Ninebot rider that will choose reliability vs speed. Now I only ride the Inmotion V8.

I have 2 Q3s, 1 V3, 1 Ninebot C and 2 V8s, 1700 miles on one V8, 3800 miles on the other V8 in a year and a half, 2 falls, both at low speeds with no consequences.

But if you're still worried watch the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVr_mNjw1o

Haha that thing is the video is not only hideous but slooooooooow. 

2 hours ago, Adumb said:

Haha that thing is the video is not only hideous but slooooooooow. 

I think the foot bike is cool, but I think this dipshit Wizard guy is a just someone from the board having a little fun. Maybe the same guy who used ExoPlanet. Got bored and came back for some fun. 

9 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

I CLEARLY have had no interest in ANYTHING but sincerely promoting Safety in our sport!

Then quit hiding your magic invention and share it with everyone else. Hoarding your secret safety solution is selfish and rude. Do you understand how many of us will be hurt because you are not caring enough to share it with us? 

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Then quit hiding your magic invention and share it with everyone else. Hoarding your secret safety solution is selfish and rude. Do you understand how many of us will be hurt because you are not caring enough to share it with us? 

Agreed, no doubt he has no invention. If he did he would be posting pics and vids everywhere, there is no way in hell he doesn't know how to post vids. 

Come on guys!!! the forum doesn't work the same in different OS platforms and I'm sure @The Wizard has an honest and sincere concern as all of us do for power cutoffs due to over leans.

I apologize if you feel that the forum was a little hostile, I don't think @Adumb nor @kasenutty had that intention.

3 hours ago, Adumb said:

Agreed, no doubt he has no invention. If he did he would be posting pics and vids everywhere, there is no way in hell he doesn't know how to post vids. 

NDA!

As I said, you'll be able to spec it as a $50 accessory on your pulse glider purchase.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:06 AM, steve454 said:

I just don't like the weird skull attached to the Ninebot.  Gives a very negative feel for a wheel I also own.  At least make it a happy skull.  :lol:  

Achmed the dead terrorist?

Archived