Sand is my mortal enemy.  :ph34r:  It ruined the settings dial on my beloved Canon S40 after going dune buggying at Jessie Honeyman State Park.  I also ended up picking it out of my ears for days after.  Not to mention when you sit down near the waves and get hit.  Then there's sand all over the place down there where it shouldn't be.  Curse you, sand, curse you!!!!

• Like 1

We have two types of beaches here in the south of England; sand, or stones.  When walking on the stone beaches one wishes for sand, and vice versa. Yep, there's nothing like a surf/sand wedgie to make the walk back to the car something worthy of a Monty Python sketch.

I too once had a camera jammed up with sand.  I took it apart, cleaned it out and put it back together AND MIRACULOUSLY, IT STILL WORKED!!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sand is my mortal enemy.  :ph34r:  It ruined the settings dial on my beloved Canon S40 after going dune buggying at Jessie Honeyman State Park.  I also ended up picking it out of my ears for days after.  Not to mention when you sit down near the waves and get hit.  Then there's sand all over the place down there where it shouldn't be.  Curse you, sand, curse you!!!!

There's sand in Canada :confused1:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sand is evil. I live in coastal Florida. Not cool!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

There's sand in Canada :confused1:

Of course there is!  :w00t2:  Haven't you seen West Edmonton Mall?  @Xoltri am I right, am I right?  We import the stuff!  Actually there is no sand at WEM.  :innocent1:  We do have Long Beach on Vancouver Island!  That counts!  6FSZXCFHQ5E4PFNHSZ3QZAUW3I

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Of course there is!  :w00t2:  Haven't you seen West Edmonton Mall?  @Xoltri am I right, am I right?  We import the stuff!  Actually there is no sand at WEM.  :innocent1:  We do have Long Beach on Vancouver Island!  That counts!  6FSZXCFHQ5E4PFNHSZ3QZAUW3I

Haha, we have sand, the handle on my KS16B can attest to that.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, Smoother said:

….A simple tug on the rod dislodged the sand and the mechanism freed up nicely.  So that was it; four external alen screws , dislodge a bit of sand, reassemble. 

I will try this as I am having the exact same problem.. Handle won't lock on one side, both when down, and up.  Thanks OP

• Like 1