Ninebot S2 thinks it’s S1

Kirill Slysh

I have my ninebot S2 for about few months. Everything was fine. 

But now it’s started leaning and beeping on much slower speed then before. I’ve looked up in the app. So now it’s showing speed limit 11.2 mph and only one battery bar. So basicly it turned it self into Ninebot S1. 

I don’t know if it’s help , but I wonder how to factory reset it or maybe battery have died. 

6627F8B4-91B8-44B7-847F-B119229F9D78.png

11 hours ago, Kirill Slysh said:

When i plunged it in the outlet, now this is what is showing me.

I do not know the Ninebot wheels at all so someone else may know of a known issue with them?  However, everything you are saying fits one of your batteries being faulty.

In the typical oriental way of calling a spade “a steel, manually activated, earth relocating instrument” the message is saying: “One of the cells in battery 2 has a very low voltage compared to the others.”

If it is in warrantee, I would discuss it with the supplier.

if it isn’t in warrantee, opening it up and physically checking the voltage of the packs will help diagnose what is wrong. If it is a firmware issue, which  seems unlikely, disconnecting the batteries completely may reset it. If it is that one pack is going faulty or it’s BMS (Battery Management System) is faulty or has a broken connection to a cell I am not aware of any way to reset a BMS.

Assuming the S2 has at least 2 physical packs, You may, at least temporarily, be able ride with just the good pack, albeit with a lot less range?

If you do open it up to measure voltages, please do not lose sight of the massive, arc welder level, current these batteries can deliver. Make absolutely sure you do not accidentally short circuit anything by (say) you touching a multimeter probe across two contacts. 

2 hours ago, nte said:

There is a problem with battery #2. With only one battery the S2 becomes the A1.

14.9 -> 11.2mph top speed and 500 -> 400watt motor.

A1/S1/S2 identical engines 500 watts 600 RPM.

Archived