What Belongs Here

2 hours ago, RayRay said:

bg-challenge-2.jpg?w=650

Hmm... Could we? No... Make an electric wheelchair that goes 50 mph. It sounds crazy. But if I'm crazy enough to think of it, someone else is crazy enough to build it.

Electric motorcycles? Although they're like scooters, but I mean "real" motorcycles, ie. need an actual motorcycle license and capable of reaching >100km/h etc.

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2018 at 9:24 AM, esaj said:

Electric motorcycles? Although they're like scooters, but I mean "real" motorcycles, ie. need an actual motorcycle license and capable of reaching >100km/h etc.

Hovershoes are getting a lot of attention on this forum as some of our members (it would seem) have purchased either Ninebot or Inmotion skates.
Edit: These are self-balancing, so I guess these are either euc's or two-wheeled (depending on how you want to look at it).

As for 'real' motorcycles, it seems we're still 'getting-our-feet-wet' with 'kickboard' and 'Vespa' style scooters before ramping up to full fledged 'e-hogs'. However, a lot of us have already 'taken-the-plunge' with e-bikes. (I've occasionally wanted to talk about my e-bike experiences on this forum and I think maybe others have too.) ?

Edited by RayRay
  • Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Technically, this doesn't belong here...

Okay, so here's a weird one. What if the typical e-scooter was self-balancing?

Confused? Well, don't be. It's a feature we now take for granted. I'm talking about (self-balanced) trolleying...

7ec52a5eeb08b8f6c97314db8e3205bd_origina

Folding electric kickscooter rolls with self-balancing ease (New Atlas)

Gimmicky, to say the least. Although, it's cool how it can travel short distances without falling to one side.

Kinda like this guy... Hasbro Star Wars D-O Interactive Droid (Geek Culture) 
giphy.gif

Edited by RayRay
Cute, but pricey.
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 5:08 PM, Esper said:

Hmm... Could we? No... Make an electric wheelchair that goes 50 mph. It sounds crazy. But if I'm crazy enough to think of it, someone else is crazy enough to build it.

What matters isn't the speed of your mobility scooter, it's the size of your balls!!!   :shock2:

IDHAMKRTERAS3IVCERMTQTYDWY.jpg

Story here... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12283021 

This will be me (on an EUC) when dementia kicks in...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

What matters isn't the speed of your mobility scooter, it's the size of your balls!!!   :shock2:

IDHAMKRTERAS3IVCERMTQTYDWY.jpg

Story here... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12283021 

This will be me (on an EUC) when dementia kicks in...

:roflmao:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aneta said:

Airwheel that can't fly? Not only the battery exceeds 160Wh limit, but the weight exceeds carry-on limit, too!

Excellent point! I hadn't stopped to think about the weight and battery size... :roflmao:

But still, all of that is irrelevant compared to the advantage of being able to ride around the airport at 10 km/h looking like a complete dork   :roflmao:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, travsformation said:

How about a self-balancing electric motorcycle?

"adds self-balancing and autonomous capabilities. The eScooter T can be remote controlled via app" https://www.engadget.com/2019/12/17/ninebot-escooter-emoped/

(Although, I'm not really sure what the practical uses for this feature are, it does seem to self-balance on it's own for short distances...)

Speaking of Segway-Ninebot, they brought a lot to CES this year, including a Wall-E style pod/wheelchair for the truly lazy among us...
segway-S-Pod-Feature-Image-01032020-1200

36ya95.png?a437976

• Like 2