Dualtron II EX

Esper

3 minutes ago, TripleEsq said:

FYI, thanks to the excellent Singaporean scooter community, I was able to figure out that we’ve got Frankenstein machines equipped with the latest Dualtron Ultra LCDs, which explains why the settings in our manuals don’t match up with ththe settings on our LCDs. 

62207526-67EE-4EBF-8D69-CD8656DF6497.jpeg

So, What settings should they be, @TripleEsq?

Everything from P4 down to P7 is explained by the description and up to user preference. 

Based on my (self taught) knowledge of electronics changing P9 - Battery Current will affect the discharge rate of the battery and should have some effect on the torque of and power output to the motors. The DT should accelerate slower and have the battery discharge less quickly at a setting of 1 but accelerate faster and have the battery discharge more quickly at a setting of 3.

Using any battery at its maximum current discharge shouldn’t damage it, but it will shorten the life of the battery and affect the battery’s available capacity in the long run.

One person I interacted with noted that he saw a noticeable difference in torque when he changed the current between 1 and 3. I personally don’t see the need when you’ve got the ability to quickly and easily flip on/off turbo and dual motor modes.

PA just sets the strength of the regenerative electric breaking, so that’s also a personal preference thing. I’m going to experiment with it at 3 when I leave work today, because the default is 1.

PB sets the brightness of the LCD. The lowest setting is off, the highest setting is just draining your battery for no reason lol.

Edited by TripleEsq

That much I understand @TripleEsq but what I was referring to, are values P0 to P3. It says 'can not be changed' but they are changeable, and those are the ones I'd wish more information on. As far as my knowledge goes, p2 is Battery size/voltage. The others, I've changed and don't know what is correct.

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Nice, how fast you were going? what is your over all take on Dualtron II ?,

My wife was going at 25 mph approximately.  She doesn't like to ride fast!

My impressions of the scooter: superb!

I'm 205 pounds and 6.2, and it easily goes to 40 mph.  It's also very safe, very stable, very well built, excellent suspension for a comfortable ride etc.

I think it's worth every penny.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

And what are you impressions of the GoPro Fusion?

In my opinion it's one of the best 360 cameras for sports!  Very good video stabilization, excellent editing possibilites (you can choose the angle you want), excellent image quality, excellent color etc.

But there's a downside: you need a very powerful computer for editing it.  The download, rendering and export process is a pain.  Also, you'll need Adobe Premiere Pro if you want to make an edit like mine, changing the angles etc.  If you don't have Adobe Premiere Pro, you may do it using the Gopro Fusion Studio software (but it's gonna take longer).

On 7/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, Gustesta said:

But there's a downside: you need a very powerful computer for editing it.  The download, rendering and export process is a pain.  Also, you'll need Adobe Premiere Pro if you want to make an edit like mine, changing the angles etc.  If you don't have Adobe Premiere Pro, you may do it using the Gopro Fusion Studio software (but it's gonna take longer).

Have you tried the phone-based editing?

8 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Have you tried the phone-based editing?

No I haven't.  But it seems like the IOS app works pretty well.  Also, I just checked that Final Cut Pro also works well for editing (choosing angles etc.).

Overall, I think the Gopro Fusion is an excellent one of a kind camera.

Going to visit my in laws this weekend in Buffalo, they said big box came (daultron thats been fixed) and one small one earlier (its either fast charger or 2 tubes that I asked for). I'll let you know this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

I've just received a notification from Fedex about a package coming from Ewheels.  I guess it's the rapid charger.

Me too, I am stoked. I've been needing this in my life.

• Like 1

I've finally mounted my solid tire to the rear hub!
The process I used was to first buy the longest screws for the hub I could find. They are M5-0.8 screws and I purchased the 50 millimeter length as that was their longest. I stuck with the ol hex head so I can use my ratchet. 
The next step was to get the tire a little larger, so I stuck it into a pot of boiling water on high heat for about an hour. Took it out with some tongs and placed it directly onto the hub. Nice snug fit! but still a little small to use the original screws as they wont reach the other end to bite down.
I used the longer 50mm screws and just barely was able to get a connection. I rushed to get the other 4 screws in before the tire cooled down and shrunk again.
Over the next 40 or so minutes I rotated which screw I was tightening back and forth to get an even pressure on this tire.

SUCCESS! I've got the tire installed and the 50mm screws are just about 5 millimeters away from brushing up against the rear brakes. I think I will replace them with shorter screws when I next go to the store. Maybe also get a drill attachment for the 5/8ths sockets.

As far as riding goes, it feels smooth. With the built in suspension on the back, I don't notice the bumps or cracks as much as I thought I would. It is a tiny bit rougher than the pneumatic tire I had previously. The rough roads are effecting my rear fender though. I've been meaning to replace it though as it is not very heat friendly anyways. Today also marks the first day I road it through wet streets. The front fender was not great at keeping the water off my feet so I may use boots next time it gets wet out.

Currently, I have about 430 miles on it. Front tire is still holding up. Rear tire had a flat yesterday after running over a thorn, or maybe glass? It was not apparent and did not stick into the tire so I am unsure about the cause of the flat. The flat was the reason I attempted the install of the rear solid tire. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to ride through rougher terrain. Top speed has gone down due to the new tire about 0.5 mph. I would normally sit at 37-38 on flats, and now it fluctuates from 36-37 staying on 37 more frequently. 38+ only attainable by crouching down and trying to get aerodynamic. 

If anyone has questions about the tire, or the installation process I used, just let me know.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

I've just received it.  It was in my mailbox.  You're probably getting yours too...

Yes I just had it delivered to my desk.
I plugged it in, and upon doing so, instantly thought. "Oh, well the Dualtron has 2 ports to charge it, can I safely use both at once?"
I emailed @Jason McNeil already asking if it was safe to do so. Thoughts? Maybe @esaj would know more since he is our resident battery aficionado.

I have my fast charger now. I've used it over the course of a few days attempting to charge it to full each time. When the charging is finished, the dualtron display says 81% and the charger says 62v. Could it be an 84v battery? Anyone know what is going on here or how I can fix it? eWheels mentioned that using both chargers at the same time is not a good idea. So what I am currently doing is topping it off with the original charger then I'll plug in the fast charger with the gage and see what it says for voltage.

Edit: after charging with the original charger, the gage on the Dualtron says 100% and Vol says 67.7
The new fast charger after plugging in says, 67v

Edited by Esper

@Jason McNeil my Joy and excitement about Dualtron II was very short lived, I now believe I got a lemon, I just dont no what else to say, very, very frustrating.

If you look at pg.3 I share what happened first time, riding time under 1 hr. After it was being fixed by eWheels, went for 10-15 min. ride in buffalo Friday evening (75% battery), everything seem to work well, Sat. full charge, went for another short ride, all good. Packed and brought it to Canada, Sunday went for a 1.5 hr. or so rider and same thing, display flickered and scooter shut down on me. I had to call my wife to come get me.

This time compare to last time, both wheels were working and were not as hot as last time my back wheel was.

June 8 placed the order/ paid..... Aug. 5, Total riding time, over 2hrs., Im pretty upset the least to say...

I'll be contacting eWheels. 

Edited by yourtoys7
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Did you check how hot the brakes were?  I wonder if they aren’t set correctly and may be creating some drag that overheats/overworks the motors causing the BMS to shut down due to the high current level?  Is there an app that records ride telemetry on these?

brakes were warm (weather), I could touch them with no issues, I wasn't braking a lot, I was riding through park paths. Not sure about app.

Edited by yourtoys7