Dualtron II EX

Esper

19 minutes ago, Esper said:

I would say no on the easily removable part. But there is a power cable input port for external batteries just behind the front wheel on the side. 
You should have had the scooter delivered to your work.

So you theoretically can use an external battery if you get low?  That's pretty neat if so.  I work for a large company and it frowned upon for me to have stuff delivered.  It may not even wind up in my building................................

3 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

So you theoretically can use an external battery if you get low?  That's pretty neat if so.  I work for a large company and it frowned upon for me to have stuff delivered.  It may not even wind up in my building................................

Yes, they even make external battery bags so that you can hang it on your handlebars. 

You can just order most of this stuff from Aliexpress, iPassionGadgets, CarbonRevo if you'd like. I've ordered from the first two without issue. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TripleEsq said:

Yes, they even make external battery bags so that you can hang it on your handlebars. 

You can just order most of this stuff from Aliexpress, iPassionGadgets, CarbonRevo if you'd like. I've ordered from the first two without issue. 

Can you use any style battery as long as the plugs match or is it dualtron specific.  Do you have a link to some of them?

23 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Can you use any style battery as long as the plugs match or is it dualtron specific.  Do you have a link to some of them?

Here is a link that I found. https://www.passiongadgets.com/60v-18.2ah-square-external-battery-lg-li-on-rechargeable-batteries/
It looks like you can place it into one of the black box mods you can get.

Edit: Here is a bag I found to place it inside of. https://www.passiongadgets.com/53cm-long-external-battery-bag-for-electric-scooter-ebike/
Edit: Here is another battery I found that appears to be quick attack/detach with a key lock. https://www.passiongadgets.com/48v-10ah-15ah-18ah-external-bottle-battery-water-bottle-samsung-li-on-batteries/

Edited by Esper

2 minutes ago, Esper said:

Here is a link that I found. https://www.passiongadgets.com/60v-18.2ah-square-external-battery-lg-li-on-rechargeable-batteries/
It looks like you can place it into one of the black box mods you can get.

Edit: Here is a bag I found to place it inside of. https://www.passiongadgets.com/53cm-long-external-battery-bag-for-electric-scooter-ebike/

Pretty cool.  That basically doubles the battery life.  Def something to consider, I just want to ride mine first =).

BAD News :(

I charged my new toy over night, got up early and decided to test route to work around 13km. (10ml.), all good. Than decided to go along the parks pathways that I have done many times on my EUCs. On my way back home, about 5 ml. away, the screen flickered about 3 and lost all power….. Whaaat, so I waited maybe 5 min. and turned it back on, we’re on :). So I switched to echo and proceeded on my way home and not even half a mile later, same thing…. Screen flickered and lost power again.

I moved under the tree, shade. Tried touching front wheel, it was cool to the touch (strange, I had both wheels enabled), touched the back and it was Hot, but 2 wheels button enabled, strange… Something happened that it was only using back motor Only. I had to walk for 2 mile before my wife was able to pick me up, Im lost for words Did it over heat? front motor lost power for some reason.

Weather: some wind, 30C’/ 86F’, Total distance 32.5 km./ 21 ml. Speed avg. 27 km/h, 17 ml/h – top 54 km/h, 33 ml/h.

I’ll be sending this info. to @Jason McNeil, any ideas anyone?

Qjqy2op.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that about your issues, yourtoys. I had something similar happen with the Qiewa Qmini I briefly owned and then returned. They told me it came down to a defective controller. Perhaps that's your issue? You should also check to make sure that the connections to the lcd are all secure.

On another note, what app are you using to track your trips?  

• Upvote 1

What does the battery percentage say on the display? Did you maybe overload the battery by using eco at full? If not battery, What settings do you have for electric brake as it may cause the heat. Also since the button is backwards for the Single-Dual, you need the turbo unclicked and the dual clicked. left is out and right is in, for you to have the max setting. If you were able to reach 54 kph then you must have had both motors on at some point. 

11 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@TripleEsq I'll check all connections assuming you mean exterior, what I can visually see, , the app Speed Tracker.

@Esper the buttons where/ are correct they way describe, setting at 3 for fastest, brakes enabled to M (1).

Maybe another idea to look at. When you next have free time. Take some time to open up the internals carefully. Take a few pictures. hopefully someone on the forum knows enough about electrical to spot a problem from the photos. It could be a simple loose wire connecting the buttons to the controller or the controller to the motor. Who knows? But this seems the best plan of action before sending it away to Jason as he would be able to access the photos as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Esper said:

Maybe another idea to look at. When you next have free time. Take some time to open up the internals carefully. Take a few pictures. hopefully someone on the forum knows enough about electrical to spot a problem from the photos. It could be a simple loose wire connecting the buttons to the controller or the controller to the motor. Who knows? But this seems the best plan of action before sending it away to Jason as he would be able to access the photos as well.

Yeah, check the external connections. I'd double check with eWheels before toying around with anything internally,  but I think Esper's idea is a good one. 

Check out the BWSS Forum as well. They might be able to offer suggestions. Good, dedicated group of scooter folks primarily based in Singapore. Their website has some good info as well:

https://www.bwss.sg/forums/

thanks guys, externally all looks good. I was able to turn in back on, batter 87% I try to ride on my street (only back wheel works), after 200-250 ft., it shuts right down again.

I dont want to open my Dualtron unless @Jason McNeil allows me, Im not sure how picky they are about warranty and opening. Ive send him an email, waiting for reply....

Edited by yourtoys7

Does anyone know where I can buy a spare footplate? The metal one that the grip is attached to? I've seen pictures with plate covers on top of them and a liner below them. But no actual metal replacement plate. 
Edit: Found it here.

Edited by Esper

On 7/3/2018 at 5:59 PM, Esper said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a spare footplate? The metal one that the grip is attached to? I've seen pictures with plate covers on top of them and a liner below them. But no actual metal replacement plate. 
Edit: Found it here.

Why you looking for one?, all I want is the cool carbon wind that I’ve seeen on pic. Maybe new handle bar too.

Hi all...I have also just received the Dualtron II EX. It does appear we received the longer deck of the Limited, but the internals of an EX as was stated they would send to the North American market. My deck is labeled “Limited”.  Internals are 60 volts (from dash readout) and I am assuming the battery is 1202 Watt Hours. Awesome...couldn’t be happier. Thank you eWheels and Dualtron.

Very pleased with the scooter but am a little confused by my dashboard menus. It does not conform with the manual and appears to be the newer version similar to the one in the Speedway 4 instruction manual.

It has two additional settings on the dashboard menus after P0 to P9...they are PA and Pb.  This is confusing because the manual I received (Dualtron II) is for a different dashboard.

It appears PA is for braking. (0 to 5) Zero is OFF and 5 is for STRONG regenerative braking.

And Pb is for the brightness of the LCD screen. 0 off....5 max.

I do have a quick question though....did everyone receive this new dashboard? 

Also, what setting do you guys have out of the box for P0? (Stock setting) The manual says it can’t be changed, however mine can be adjusted! I noticed on some scooters manuals, depending on the model (battery) this number varies. Mine is on 9...is that what everyone else has? Just checking.

There are a few other things that do not match up...P8 is wrong in the manual for start speed of 0 and 1.  My dash says 1 to 100%...which is the power setting obviously. I kept it set at 100.

Also my P9 is not electric brake power..0,1,2.  My P9 is Battery Eco Mode....1 max ...2mid....3off.  Which one of those (1,2,or3) is more of a drain on the battery I do not know. If you know please help me to understand the language here.

If some of you have the updated dash like I do, I hope this information can shed some light. I’m learning as I’m going. So please chime in if I’m steering folks wrong!

ohh...one more thing. I’m seeing various instructions on CHARGING. I do not want to do this wrong and the instruction manual is a little confusing due to translation. I found it to be more clear in the Dualtron Mini4 manual...

1. Plug charging socket to terminal (screw it down)

2. Plug cord to power strip (which is off)

3. Turn power strip ON. 

4. Charge to 90% instead of full will increase battery life...or so I’m told. Green light on charger will come on at full charge. Red light is charging. My dash gives the charge value in % as well as bars. You can also see volts on menu P1.

Thanks all for anything you have to add and stay safe on this beautifully made and powerful machine. It’s truly magnificent!!

E181838B-7B77-4A5A-90CB-834226875C4E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Morrison said:

4. Charge to 90% instead of full will increase battery life...or so I’m told. Green light on charger will come on at full charge. Red light is charging. My dash gives the charge value in % as well as bars. You can also see volts on menu P1.

I suspect the Battery Management System (BMS) is similar to those used on eBikes and EUC’s I.e. cell balancing only occurs close to fully charged, so I would recommend an occasional full charge plus an hour or two - say once every 10-20 charges just to ensure cell balancing. You can also, providing it is available with the right plug and socket, use the charge doctor - which I think eWheels sells - so that it will cut off charge at whatever % you wish rather than having to watch it: 

P.S. Yes, lots of discussions on this forum that battery life is much improved if charge/discharge is kept close to 80-90% charged and doesn’t go below 30% charged too often. But don’t be anal about it - it is intended to be ridden!

Edited by Keith
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Why you looking for one?, all I want is the cool carbon wind that I’ve seeen on pic. Maybe new handle bar too.

Because one, I sorta bent my current one a little. And two, in order to place those nice liners and covers on, you need to remove the grip tape. Which I don't want to do on my current foot plate. I'd rather buy one with no tape and use that for the deck mods.

12 minutes ago, Esper said:

Got my first flat from this little guy. 

lQlwIKj.jpg 

Keep tools on hand for these things! 

I’ve always used Slime’ in my wheels, bikes and will used in my Dulatron, whenever it’s gets addressed, 

Still waiting for reply from eWheels, frustrating to be honest, brand New machine and almost 48hrs. No response!!!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I’ve always used Slime’ in my wheels, bikes and will used in my Dulatron, whenever it’s gets addressed, 

Still waiting for reply from eWheels, frustrating to be honest, brand New machine and almost 48hrs. No response!!!

Is that a permanent fix or temporary? 

16 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Can be either, if puncture small it will just fill it and you might never know you had it. If bigger one, it will leak slowly so you can make it back...

Based on the size of the screw I posted a picture of? What is your opinion. 

I have been looking online for inner tubes, the tire is a 10 x 2.5 and the biggest I see is a 10 x 2 or 10 x 2.125 but I'm unsure which one I should get.
https://www.passiongadgets.com/10inch-hota-10x2.125-inner-tube/
https://www.passiongadgets.com/10inch-kenda-10x2-inner-tube-tire-for-myway-inokim-passion10-sw-sw2-sw3-p2/
https://www.passiongadgets.com/10inch-cst-10x2-inner-tube-tire-for-sw3-dualtron-myway-inokim-passion10-sw4-futecher/

On another note.. Does the Dualtron 2 EX even have a tube? or is it tubeless? I saw 2 tires for the Ultra that has both options, one tubeless one not.
If no one knows, I'll find out tomorrow when I take it apart. 

1 hour ago, Esper said:

I have been looking online for inner tubes, the tire is a 10 x 2.5 and the biggest I see is a 10 x 2 or 10 x 2.125 but I'm unsure which one I should get.
https://www.passiongadgets.com/10inch-hota-10x2.125-inner-tube/
https://www.passiongadgets.com/10inch-kenda-10x2-inner-tube-tire-for-myway-inokim-passion10-sw-sw2-sw3-p2/
https://www.passiongadgets.com/10inch-cst-10x2-inner-tube-tire-for-sw3-dualtron-myway-inokim-passion10-sw4-futecher/

On another note.. Does the Dualtron 2 EX even have a tube? or is it tubeless? I saw 2 tires for the Ultra that has both options, one tubeless one not.
If no one knows, I'll find out tomorrow when I take it apart. 

you probably have to ask @Jason McNeil to be sure, on the website, all is says is Air tire.

Let us know what you find out.