Esper

Dualtron II EX

Well @Hunka Hunka Burning Love If the magnet falls out during use (which it has done for me twice) if you press the brakes, even just a little, the electric motors stop. Sort of like a kill switch. But if you let go, the accelerator kick in and you start moving again. Once you stop, you just need to turn off the accelerator.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

I wish they would have a welded loop or something for a bike lock

Maybe get a U-Lock and put it through the front fork. 
NjUs41d.jpg
Honestly, I would not leave it anywhere it can be grabbed. Since the device uses disk brakes you can get a disk brake lock. Then just attach a small chain either through the handlebar hole or maybe through the wheel forks. Even if the chain was cut they still would have to carry it because of the disk brake lock.

Also remember. Locks are not theft proof. On anything. Ever. They are nuisances that create more effort than one might be willing to spend to get past a lock.

If you plan on leaving it in a spot for 30 minutes. A U-Lock through the forks, or the handlebar would be fine, but the handlebar only needs a allen key to get free if its on the shaft.
If you plan on leaving it in a spot for 8 hours while you are at work. Get the added protection of a disk brake lock, in addition to the fork lock.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1

@Esper did you get a replacement one from @Jason McNeil ?, I dont think I would be riding my if this was the issue. I've shipped my back to get fixed. I hope to get it back in a week or so.

47 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Esper did you get a replacement one from @Jason McNeil ?, I dont think I would be riding my if this was the issue. I've shipped my back to get fixed. I hope to get it back in a week or so.

Of what are you referring? Jason has sent me new inner tubes for free. I fixed the problem of the throttle with a little glue.
Also, let me know what the problem with yours was after Jason gets back to you. I'd like to know.

Edited by Esper

Ok guys.. So I got my second flat tire today. It doesn't appear to be from an external source. I'm thinking that either the motor got too hot and it popped the inner tube or it was caused by my puncture tape I placed inside. I'll find out once I get home.

The back wheel is much, much hotter than the front wheel. 

Edited by Esper