Dualtron II EX

Esper

Well @Hunka Hunka Burning Love If the magnet falls out during use (which it has done for me twice) if you press the brakes, even just a little, the electric motors stop. Sort of like a kill switch. But if you let go, the accelerator kick in and you start moving again. Once you stop, you just need to turn off the accelerator.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

I wish they would have a welded loop or something for a bike lock

Maybe get a U-Lock and put it through the front fork. 
NjUs41d.jpg
Honestly, I would not leave it anywhere it can be grabbed. Since the device uses disk brakes you can get a disk brake lock. Then just attach a small chain either through the handlebar hole or maybe through the wheel forks. Even if the chain was cut they still would have to carry it because of the disk brake lock.

Also remember. Locks are not theft proof. On anything. Ever. They are nuisances that create more effort than one might be willing to spend to get past a lock.

If you plan on leaving it in a spot for 30 minutes. A U-Lock through the forks, or the handlebar would be fine, but the handlebar only needs a allen key to get free if its on the shaft.
If you plan on leaving it in a spot for 8 hours while you are at work. Get the added protection of a disk brake lock, in addition to the fork lock.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Esper did you get a replacement one from @Jason McNeil ?, I dont think I would be riding my if this was the issue. I've shipped my back to get fixed. I hope to get it back in a week or so.

Of what are you referring? Jason has sent me new inner tubes for free. I fixed the problem of the throttle with a little glue.
Also, let me know what the problem with yours was after Jason gets back to you. I'd like to know.

Edited by Esper
  • Upvote 1

Ok guys.. So I got my second flat tire today. It doesn't appear to be from an external source. I'm thinking that either the motor got too hot and it popped the inner tube or it was caused by my puncture tape I placed inside. I'll find out once I get home.

The back wheel is much, much hotter than the front wheel. 

Edited by Esper
  • Upvote 1

OK, after inspection.

The inner tube popped from the wheel overheating.

Cause:
The anti puncture tape that I placed inside the wheel between the tire and the inner tube was causing friction. The heat caused the inner tube to pop. When I removed the inner tube from the wheel I noticed a lot of rubber shavings similar to what a pencil eraser makes when used. Further inspection shows that the inner tube was the one that was getting chewed up. If it didn't pop from the air pressure, it would have popped from the erosion caused by the tape.

Note to others:
Don't fill to 45 PSI like it says and don't use puncture tape. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, Esper said:

Maybe get a U-Lock and put it through the front fork. 
NjUs41d.jpg
Honestly, I would not leave it anywhere it can be grabbed. Since the device uses disk brakes you can get a disk brake lock. Then just attach a small chain either through the handlebar hole or maybe through the wheel forks. Even if the chain was cut they still would have to carry it because of the disk brake lock.

Also remember. Locks are not theft proof. On anything. Ever. They are nuisances that create more effort than one might be willing to spend to get past a lock.

If you plan on leaving it in a spot for 30 minutes. A U-Lock through the forks, or the handlebar would be fine, but the handlebar only needs a allen key to get free if its on the shaft.
If you plan on leaving it in a spot for 8 hours while you are at work. Get the added protection of a disk brake lock, in addition to the fork lock.

I use this bluetooth cable lock by Nulock:

https://www.amazon.com/Keyless-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Splash-proof-Diameter/dp/B01KGR8PNU

I stick the cable through the suspension gap a few times and then make it snug to the bike rack. The lock has a 100+ decibel alarm that sounds with any sort of vibration, so it's a pretty effective deterrent. 

I actually also purchased a remote locking device (like for your car) that is supposed to not allow the batter to engage unless it gets the right button combination, but I haven't received and installed that yet because my package from Passion Gadgets was lost. 

I also try to park in parking garages. They have bike racks that you can use for free in most major cities. 

I also added a gps tracker to my Dualtron. I get the "don't leave it anywhere" sentiment, but that's just not practical. 

Edited by TripleEsq

On 7/13/2018 at 12:48 PM, Mrd777 said:

Stretch storage cover ... this also prevents everyone asking about it when it’s on public transportation. I get a lot more curious questions about the Dualtron then an euc in the city, I guess people (the public) project themselves riding a scooter more the a wheel.

9058E7F0-44D0-4E5F-8BDD-04860D82F5F1.jpeg

Did you make this or purchase it? If purchased, would love to know from where. I bought a small tarp and was looking at ways to fashion it into a sort of carrying and storage case, but this would be awesome. 

On 7/20/2018 at 11:19 PM, Mrd777 said:

Actually, my wife is a designer and she made it for me. It’s a spandex fabric.. I’m sure she can make one for you. Get the foldable handle bars. 

Just to reiterate, this Dualtron is a blast, my wife passes me on my Monster 100v with it. I just took it for another spin tonight and it’s seriously impressive. 36mph on a gps seems to be its top end speed 

That would be awesome! Can you shoot me a message with cost for parts, labor, and shipping?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Very nice, I’m hoping my wife well be joining me now that I got Dualtron II as well, she refused to learn the wheel, ha ha ha.

Edited by yourtoys7
  • Like 1

I got the solid tire in the mail today.
Pictures!
zqOe4C4.jpgmmKqc0a.jpg
I'm going to try it out tonight, and for tomorrow's commute. A coworker suggests an adhesive for keeping it in place (Liquid Nails) so I may do that if I feel slipping.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Esper said:

I got the solid tire in the mail today.
Pictures!
zqOe4C4.jpgmmKqc0a.jpg
I'm going to try it out tonight, and for tomorrow's commute. A coworker suggests an adhesive for keeping it in place (Liquid Nails) so I may do that if I feel slipping.

Let us know how it goes, wonder if riding experience is different....

20 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Hello, I saw your Wife on your Dualtron. I was thinking about ordering one but, I am 6”4 and I can see she is not that tall and the handle bars on that unit would be to low for me. 

Question do the handle bar adjust higher? Can I order something to adjust the  height of the bars? What unit do you have. I don’t really want to order the new Ultra because it is not that mobile. I was thinking about Dualtron 3, but I don’t not know if I am too tall for it. 

PLEASE HELP? 

4 hours ago, Meganyc said:

Hello, I saw your Wife on your Dualtron. I was thinking about ordering one but, I am 6”4 and I can see she is not that tall and the handle bars on that unit would be to low for me. 

Question do the handle bar adjust higher? Can I order something to adjust the  height of the bars? What unit do you have. I don’t really want to order the new Ultra because it is not that mobile. I was thinking about Dualtron 3, but I don’t not know if I am too tall for it. 

PLEASE HELP? 

Wow I completely misunderstood what he asked.. Oops.

To adjust the handlebars would not be recommended. But it is possible. The not recommended comes from the physics behind it. The longer it is, the more leverage it has against the small clamp keeping it in place. The more leverage, the easier it is to break while you brake or accelerate.

If you want to ignore my warning. the handlebar shaft is held on by 2 bolts. You can probably make your own or have one made for you to stick into the same slot. If you just want to extend it, then there are attachments you can get that screw into the top by the handlebars. The last option is to get a handlebar neck extender with a new set of handlebars that are higher than the originals. You could probably get another 4-6 inches out if it that way.

Edited by Esper
  • Upvote 1

The handle bar height is a bit low. The folding ones I have on the scoot might be a touch lower. I did notice this right away and was concerned, as was my wife. What I did notice is that you quickly adjust to it. When I’m going between 25-30 mph, I naturally bend my knees and get low ( you kind of have too) I’m 5’10”.

The Dualtron is in the country at the moment, out of nyc, so it’s hard for you to demo. Yes, even the Dualtron ex, is not that mobile, it’s quite heavy to pick up for runs, errands in nyc. 

Edited by Mrd777

On 7/23/2018 at 11:33 AM, Mrd777 said:

Very nice, I’m hoping my wife well be joining me now that I Dualtron II as well, she refuses to learn the wheel, ha ha ha.

Edited by yourtoys7
  • Like 1

FYI, thanks to the excellent Singaporean scooter community, I was able to figure out that we’ve got Frankenstein machines equipped with the latest Dualtron Ultra LCDs, which explains why the settings in our manuals don’t match up with ththe settings on our LCDs. 

62207526-67EE-4EBF-8D69-CD8656DF6497.jpeg