Dualtron II EX

Esper

8 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Stretch storage cover ... this also prevents everyone asking about it when it’s on public transportation. I get a lot more curious questions about the Dualtron then an euc in the city, I guess people (the public) project themselves riding a scooter more the a wheel.

9058E7F0-44D0-4E5F-8BDD-04860D82F5F1.jpeg

I like your covers. They look nice! Again, I use mine as a main source of transportation to/from work. My main reason of getting it also is because of the traffic in my area. If I take a bus, it takes me longer than simply riding it. I would recommend getting that carry handle, then you can tow it using the front wheel.

Another thought, Maybe get something to cover the wheels so they don't dirty up your car when you put it in the back? I use an old bed sheet to protect the seats and cover it so people cant see what it is.

Edit: I think the questions and looks you get for the Dualtron is because from an outside perspective, it looks like a scooter, where as an EUC looks like it can be a high-tech suitcase (which I've been asked many, many times) It is simply more identifiable. 

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I have this folding bar, and it’s fabulous. It’s very secure at high speeds, and the beast folds up nicely now. Highly recommended.. also made a stretch cover when in storage mode.

E2C9A8C9-6CAC-4BF8-B63A-C08BE5C0E491.jpeg

The handlebar looks higher than the original. I do like the aesthetic look of it while it is put away. I just can't do folding handlebars personally. It only takes one failure of the handle collapsing while moving to cause a serious accident. If I had a seat, I may reconsider. It would make putting it into a duffel easier.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else get a lot of brake drag from this beast?  I have tried everything and the only way I can get the scraping to go away is to adjust the pad almost all the way out which greatly decreases the ability to brake.  I have tried adjust the calipers, pads, mechanical wire, removed all pads and cleaned and scuffed pads with no luck.  I checked the rotors to make sure they are true and all appears OK.  Anyone else getting anything similar or have a recommendation?  I have tried the method for normal mechanical brakes to center the caliper(release bolts apply brake and re-secure caliper bolts.  The hub is too skinny to fit the appropriate hex key through to adjust on the fly.  Have to take the whole caliper off every time to adjust the pads...............  

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Esper said:

The handlebar looks higher than the original. I do like the aesthetic look of it while it is put away. I just can't do folding handlebars personally. It only takes one failure of the handle collapsing while moving to cause a serious accident. If I had a seat, I may reconsider. It would make putting it into a duffel easier.

Was this  handlebar ordered from AliExpress?

19 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Does anyone else get a lot of brake drag from this beast?  I have tried everything and the only way I can get the scraping to go away is to adjust the pad almost all the way out which greatly decreases the ability to brake.  I have tried adjust the calipers, pads, mechanical wire, removed all pads and cleaned and scuffed pads with no luck.  I checked the rotors to make sure they are true and all appears OK.  Anyone else getting anything similar or have a recommendation?  I have tried the method for normal mechanical brakes to center the caliper(release bolts apply brake and re-secure caliper bolts.  The hub is too skinny to fit the appropriate hex key through to adjust on the fly.  Have to take the whole caliper off every time to adjust the pads...............  

Thanks 

There are videos on how to adjust them properly. The wire only moves one pad, the one on the outside. For a nice snug fit, take the breaks off with the side bolts, and on the tire side there is a large silver circle with an allen key hole in it. to the side there is a tiny one that keeps the large one from moving. Unscrew the small tiny one, then adjust the large one and place it back with the side bolts until there is no drag on the inside pad, minor small adjustments work best. continue until the pad is just barely touching while the wheel is moving.

Next after you reassemble the brakes you need to adjust the outside pad. There is a little screw just before the cable is clamped down make sure that is all the way in (its the screw the wire cable goes through) and then pull the wire tight with pliers while compressing the brake spring until hardly touching. tighten the wire clamp, test wheel by spinning, some drag is ok as the disk might have warped a tiny bit either through use or during shipping. it will fade with time. if you need to make minor adjustments, you can use that screw the wire goes through to either lower or raise the outside brake pad.

Dont forget to tighten that tiny allen key screw for the back pad either!! 

If you need pictures. I will be taking apart my tire again tonight and i'll post some for you. Let me know.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Esper said:

There are videos on how to adjust them properly. The wire only moves one pad, the one on the outside. For a nice snug fit, take the breaks off with the side bolts, and on the tire side there is a large silver circle with an allen key hole in it. to the side there is a tiny one that keeps the large one from moving. Unscrew the small tiny one, then adjust the large one and plage it back with the side bolts until there is no drag on the inside pad, minor small adjustments work best. continue until the pad is just barely touching while the wheel is moving.

Next after you reassemble the brakes you need to adjust the outside pad. There is a little screw just before the cable is clamped down make sure that is all the way in (its the screw the wire cable goes through) and then pull the wire tight with pliers while compressing the brake spring until hardly touching. tighten the wire clamp, test wheel by spinning, some drag is ok as the disk might have warped a tiny bit either through use or during shipping. it will fade with time. if you need to make minor adjustments, you can use that screw the wire goes through to either lower or raise the outside brake pad.

Dont forget to tighten that tiny allen key screw for the back pad either!! 

If you need pictures. I will be taking apart my tire again tonight and i'll post some for you. Let me know.

You got me confused with the outer pad.  Are you saying just to release the set screw that holds the cable in and adjust or am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

You got me confused with the outer pad.  Are you saying just to release the set screw that holds the cable in and adjust or am I missing something?

Yes, unscrew the wire clamp to loosen the wire first. before any of the other step. If you don't, the outer pad can scrape and mess up alignment of the inner pad.
What step are you on?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Esper said:

Yes, unscrew the wire clamp to loosen the wire first. before any of the other step. If you don't, the outer pad can scrape and mess up alignment of the inner pad.
What step are you on?

I'm starting over from scratch because this has been driving me nuts.  I didn't know the outer pad was adjustable so I'm getting all my ducks in a row so I can get this thing fixed

Yeah, it took me taking my wheel off 6 times for me to figure out how the whole thing works. It is a pain. Works fantastically when done properly though. Check tire pressure too just to be on the safe side.

12 hours ago, Hatchet said:

What kind of monster puts the rear brake on the left side???

11 hours ago, Esper said:

The kind of people that drive on the left side of the road.

Where I live, the left side is the right side!!!   :blink1:

• Upvote 1

Can someone tell me what their P0-P3 default settings are?  My speedo is maxing at about 20 MPH when I know I'm going closer to 40.  I think my P0 setting may be wrong.  I copied the one from the ultra and think the P0 may be wheel diameter and should not be set to 11.  

11 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Can someone tell me what their P0-P3 default settings are?  My speedo is maxing at about 20 MPH when I know I'm going closer to 40.  I think my P0 setting may be wrong.  I copied the one from the ultra and think the P0 may be wheel diameter and should not be set to 11.  

I did the same thing. the numbers for it are in the book though. let me look. 
eWheels--Book---Ultra(eWheels).
P0: 10---------9------11
P1: 430-------48----60
P2: 10---------10----15
P3: 0------------0-----0

I have no idea what these mean. But i'm going to assume 10,48, 10, 0 would be the best options.

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Where I live, the left side is the right side!!!   :blink1:

Yeah but if I remember my geography right, you guys are upside down too though, so it works out. It's all math, too hard to try and describe here..:whistling:

Edited by Hatchet

1 hour ago, Hatchet said:

Yeah but if I remember my geography right, you guys are upside down too though, so it works out. It's all math, too hard to try and describe here..:whistling:

Yes, down is up too... That is why we have to drink so quickly, otherwise our drinks just spill everywhere!   :cheers:

• Upvote 1

Ok guys.  My speedometer is still reading extremely low.  I know it probably won't be 100% accurate but I don't expect it to be off by 10 mph.  I have adjusted P0 setting back to 10 and I think my P1-P3 settings are back to where they should be.  If someone could check their dashboard and let me know what theirs is it would be appreciated.  Just want to make sure my settings are correct before I start digging into the actual sensor itself etc etc.  MY settings look like this:

P0 - 10
P1 - 60
P2- 15
P3 - 0

I'm getting an accelerator error message on my Dualtron. @Jason McNeil
I'm not sure what the cause is. but here is what i can tell you so far.

Only the front wheel is accelerating and only when DUAL is activated.
The scooter accelerates without any external influences.
I cant stop the acceleration without simply pressing on the brakes.
The brake will sent a signal to stop the motor. so even the back wheel will stop the front wheel from spinning if i activate the back wheel brake.

Cause?
I turned on my scooter using the proper steps.
when i put pressure on the accelerator it felt stuck as if there was something in there.
I think the solution is to take the accelerator apart and see what could be jamming it.

I may need a new accelerator. I'll post pictures if needed.

_____

EDIT: Update.

I learned something new today. There are electronic throttles that engage based on magnets.

After I took apart my throttle I saw that there was a magnet that had fallen out of its location. I may use some glue in the future to hold it in place.
When I put the magnet back the first time. I had put it in backwards. and so the throttle was initiating at max speed as soon as it was turned on. I had to turn it around. Apparently these things are based on polarity, not distance from the magnet as I feared.

I am not entirely sure why it was only activating one wheel at a time though. But I put it all back together now and it is at the very least, not moving on its own.
This problem may not happen to others, but a little glob of glue in there will help save you time with it down the line. I believe it simply fell out because I had folded the scooter and put it into my car and taking it out caused it to fall completely out of its little nook.

As far as I know it's fixed. But its late and i cant test it right now.

Edited by Esper
Fixed.
  • Like 2

I rode about 20 miles today. The magnet worked itself loose again. It seems like I have to put glue inside it now if I don't want it to fall out again. I used a little bit of tape to keep it in place temporarily. 

I didn't take one, but I can tomorrow. I already used some all purpose glue. Then I covered it with a little square of cellophane to keep the glue off the circuit board while it dries. I then reassembled it.
It is not a huge problem as I rode the scooter about 130 miles before It got dislodged.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:48 AM, Mrd777 said:

Stretch storage cover ... this also prevents everyone asking about it when it’s on public transportation. I get a lot more curious questions about the Dualtron then an euc in the city, I guess people (the public) project themselves riding a scooter more the a wheel.

What is this / where did you get it?  I want one... Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 3:53 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Do you have a photo of the magnet and mechanism?  I wonder if some Gorilla glue clear epoxy would be more permanent. 

Here you go Hunka. Click on it for a larger version.

Oxn48WS.jpgoFo9ERc.jpg

The little chip there that is standing up real high is the magnet sensor. The silver part is the magnet. That is the thing that popped off. It rotated and was stuck on that big screw you see. A part of the magnet was in direct contact with the sensor and was throwing it out of whack. A little glue and some love later and it is better than new.

• Like 1

Interesting.  It kinda looks like some kind of hall effect sensor throttle.  Did you end up using a stronger glue or epoxy?  I don’t know for sure, but isn’t this a major safety hazard if the accelerator gets stuck during use?  @Jason McNeil?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Interesting.  It kinda looks like some kind of hall sensor throttle.  Did you end up using a stronger glue or epoxy?

I think it is a hall sensor. Also, it wasn't glued at all so I just used a little all purpose glue with a little cellophane to keep the glue from getting everywhere.