Dualtron II EX

Esper

Finally able to pick mine up!  Worked great on my camping trip, but when I got home the front motor randomly wouldn't turn on.  It's working again now, no idea why.  Finally able to test it up the steep hills around here and it's pretty awesome!  

RE: Settings - pretty sure you can just look at the dualtron ultra page for those as they match up... the ewheels page has a graphic with all the settings, they clearly don't match up with the manual but look like the graphic on ultra page, so it's kinda obvious whats what.

Esper - Sorry for your flat tire but thank you for the photos, I will stock up on some tubes!  I have an old POS electric scooter with a flat I need to fix so I know what you're going through, it's a pain in the ass to change these tires.  Also never patch these small tubes, just not worth it, replacing is 10x better.

I adjusted the rear disc brakes because they were dragging a bit, but now the lever pull feels loose.  No way to adjust it closer without dragging as the pads seem a bit angled.

I knew there was basically no thought into designing this to be carried at all but I wish they had trolley wheels and something to secure the handle.  I've lifted it out of the car several times and it's a beast.  Hard to get this thing into apartments and elevators.  Oh well, FEEL THE POWER.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, scotchtape said:

I knew there was basically no thought into designing this to be carried at all but I wish they had trolley wheels and something to secure the handle.  I've lifted it out of the car several times and it's a beast.  Hard to get this thing into apartments and elevators.  Oh well, FEEL THE POWER.

That's the most annoying part for me wrt e-scooters. I just transported a Ninebot SE1 in my car, and I can't get it in the trunk without folding one side of the back seats. It won't fit in the width (BMW 1 series). Also when you can't ride it and you have to carry it it's just a pain. EUC's have a big advantage there.

Can't even imagine what it would be to haul a Dualtron up 30 stairs.

• Like 1

PS How are you guys airing up your tires?

My bicycle pump head is way too large to fit over the valve and it's hard to reach.  I filled mine up at the gas station near where I picked it up.

I have the same problem with my other scooter.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, scotchtape said:

Finally able to pick mine up!  Worked great on my camping trip, but when I got home the front motor randomly wouldn't turn on.  It's working again now, no idea why.  Finally able to test it up the steep hills around here and it's pretty awesome!  

RE: Settings - pretty sure you can just look at the dualtron ultra page for those as they match up... the ewheels page has a graphic with all the settings, they clearly don't match up with the manual but look like the graphic on ultra page, so it's kinda obvious whats what.

Esper - Sorry for your flat tire but thank you for the photos, I will stock up on some tubes!  I have an old POS electric scooter with a flat I need to fix so I know what you're going through, it's a pain in the ass to change these tires.  Also never patch these small tubes, just not worth it, replacing is 10x better.

I adjusted the rear disc brakes because they were dragging a bit, but now the lever pull feels loose.  No way to adjust it closer without dragging as the pads seem a bit angled.

I patched mine with the Park Tool patch kit with the rubber cement. Works fine. Put the glue on, let it dry, put the patch on, set something heavy on it and go do something else for a while. I let mine sit for an hour and I havent had any problem. On a lot of bicycle forums people mention replacing tubes, but that just isn't true. if your patch holds and you did a good job on repairing it and it ultimately doesn't leak air, then its fine, you don't drive on the tube. It is also much cheaper to buy patches than tubes too. I bought 3 extra, but I will only swap them out to a new one when I next get a flat.

Also, for picking the scooter up, there is a handle you can buy, https://www.carbonrevo.com/product/tow-handle-dualtron-speedway-4/
It says in this website description that using it to pick up the dualtron is unadvised because of the weight, but that is what they are made for. Other websites list it as a carry handle.

1 hour ago, scotchtape said:

My bicycle pump head is way too large to fit over the valve and it's hard to reach.  I filled mine up at the gas station near where I picked it up.

This is what I use to add air, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1H5182/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For electrical problems that everyone is having, I have no idea. It could be the toggle switches on the left. Maybe check the buttons? No idea guys. Other than a flat I have had no issues.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Esper said:

Also, for picking the scooter up, there is a handle you can buy, https://www.carbonrevo.com/product/tow-handle-dualtron-speedway-4/
It says in this website description that using it to pick up the dualtron is unadvised because of the weight, but that is what they are made for. Other websites list it as a carry handle.

Between that rear carry handle and this folding front handlebars, I think the Dualtron II EX has potential!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dualtron-folding-handle-stem-Stem-only/32734984805.html

2 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Between that rear carry handle and this folding front handlebars, I think the Dualtron II EX has potential!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dualtron-folding-handle-stem-Stem-only/32734984805.html

I've seen that before. But personally, I would not get it. I wouldn't feel safe with it at high speeds.

23 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

Esper does that valve stem extension let air out when you take it off?

Short answer, No.

Long answer. The only way you will lose air is if you remove the valve core on the inner tube. The extenders come with 4 valve core removers. 3 are the same size while the last one is a little larger. I keep one [extender] at home and one in my bag.

Anyone mess with P5? I think that's the throttle method. 0 is the throttle lever and 1 is kick start.

When I turn on lock start, the word 'pass' appears. Yet, I can't get the actual setting to make a difference in the way it moves. 

Edited by Esper

Well then mine doesn't work. Because it never starts the motor. 

Also note. I've patched my inner tube 4 times now and each time its failed. I think the scooter has more heat, speed, and torque than they are meant to handle. 

Try kick starting your scooter by moving it like a normal kick scooter then engaging the throttle.

JUST REPLACE THE TUBE!  It's like $8!

Anyone else's scooter motor whine/vibrate more around 20/kmh? (12mph).  Mostly the motor noise is ok but it seems to shake a lot more around that speed / accelerating through that zone for me.  Kinda annoying as it's decent speed for shared paths around other users.  

15 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

Try kick starting your scooter by moving it like a normal kick scooter then engaging the throttle.

JUST REPLACE THE TUBE!  It's like $8!

Anyone else's scooter motor whine/vibrate more around 20/kmh? (12mph).  Mostly the motor noise is ok but it seems to shake a lot more around that speed / accelerating through that zone for me.  Kinda annoying as it's decent speed for shared paths around other users.  

Yes, thank you for that idea. It's not as if I don't have 5 inner tubes in the mail right now. No local shop carries inner tubes of that size. 

Also, what do you mean by pushing them using the throttle. If I have push to start on, I can still use the throttle from stop and still use it while moving if the setting is on or off. 

And yes the motor does make a wine around 20, shake a little, and makes sound with the disk brake. 

Edit; if you want to go slower, change the acceleration to 5, power to 1, use eco with one motor. You go about 8 mph that way. 

Edited by Esper

Ok, on mine when I turn it on, PAS comes on, and the throttle does nothing when stopped, as it should.  Sorry yours is not working properly, I don't think many of us will use that mode because the deck is so high it makes kick scooting annoying.

Edited by scotchtape
  • Upvote 1

You can also try switching it on and off, because the controller gets really confused when changing settings.  I was messing around and my kick start would only work with the rear motor.  Then I checked the dual/single button and it was reversed until I turned the scooter on and off.  So after you make all your changes restart the scooter.

On 7/10/2018 at 10:07 AM, scotchtape said:

I use this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Power-Inflator-Kit-P737KN/302634287?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-AllProducts|&gclid=CjwKCAjw1ZbaBRBUEiwA4VQCIYRYZ_TNnNENbtEPxV5LqM7TQAMhPYlu0_4GeU3A-UEzwkpK6cUoGRoCKjUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CITnyMaql9wCFYHdwAodZ2gAjg

It was actually about $60 dollars when I bought all the components individually from my local Home Depot. 

2 hours ago, Esper said:

I think I might look into getting a solid rubber tire. I'll post info about what I find if anyone is interested.

Please do, this could be very interesting. I will order few tubes from Jason if they have any in stock.

47 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Please do, this could be very interesting. I will order few tubes from Jason if they have any in stock.

Sure thing. I have not done any measurements yet for the hub, but so far the wheels I list below are the only ones I have found that look like they might fit.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electric-Scooter-Tires-10x2-50-Tubeless-Wheel-Tyres-Solid-Tyre-Inflation-Free-10x2-125-for-8/32818465847.html
https://www.gearbest.com/skateboard/pp_703437.html?utm_source=aw&affi_id=143466&awc=6607_1531326773_e625ef3047df8e1521b713497b3b5148

The Gear Best one looks like it was discontinued, but I really like the tread pattern. I may email them and ask for information.
Edit... The tread pattern is the same..

Edited by Esper

On 7/11/2018 at 11:21 AM, Esper said:

Also note. I've patched my inner tube 4 times now and each time its failed. I think the scooter has more heat, speed, and torque than they are meant to handle. 

Your replacement innertubes are due to be delivered  tomorrow, hope this these help. 

16 hours ago, Esper said:

I ordered the solid tire. I'll review it when its arrives. I hope it fits!

Had asked Minimotors about fitting solid tires on the larger 10" x 2.5" tires on larger diameter DT line, they said the experience of other Customers was not very good, which is the reason why they don't offer. r

On 7/11/2018 at 3:22 PM, yourtoys7 said:

We have another 150 new spare part SKUs that have either arrived or are in transit for the Minimotors Scooter line. The Tucson service/repair center is doing a move today to a facility with nearly twenty times the space as before. One of the priorities after the dust settles, is to add/update all the spare parts that have been accumulating onto the website.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1