Dualtron II EX

Esper

$2000-$3000 for the II EX and Ultra.  Wow that's a lot of coin for these puppies!  But 50-80+ miles (80-128 km) is no joke!  I wonder how well these handle unexpected potholes.  At 40-50 mph+ I'm sure it's a little difficult to spot all the bumps and holes in the road.  With a 11 inch tire I wonder if you would go flying if you hit something at those speeds...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, scooter_commuter said:

I got this Scooter yesterday and used it for my commute to work this morning.  This thing is crazy fast, top speed I got it to was 65 kph, just over 40 mph.

When you get yours make sure all the bolts are super tight.  I know the instructions say to do this, but I've had the handle bars move on me my while riding because I didn't secure it well enough.

Also the stock charger uses the Asia settings, so make sure you have a converter to charge your scooter.  It came about 50% charged when I unpacked it.

No regrets yet, hope you enjoy yours as well!

What terrain you rode it over and how did suspension react?

your weight?

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

What terrain you rode it over and how did suspension react?

your weight?

My commute to work is about 5 miles, there is a good 3 mile stretch of just flat straight paved roads where I was able to really get the scooter up to speed.  Everything is paved as the other streets I'm on will be residental streets or smaller streets to connect all the businesses in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego.  The suspension is nice, but I didn't take it over anything crazy, the roads here are pretty well taken care of, not a lot of feedback on it yet.  We do have some trails around where I live, I might go through those tonight if I have time.

I weigh 175 lbs 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

No way, thats 2 now........ I hope I get the right one.

I have a feeling that you won't. So do yourself a favor and buy one. This is what I ordered.

716xzJzdPPL._SL1500_.jpg

Edit: The Dualtron arrived with 53% battery charge.

Edited by Esper

On 6/21/2018 at 5:31 PM, Esper said:

To get the ball rolling, I thought I'd post some info here.

I ordered a Dualtron II EX from eWheels.com and it should be arriving in a couple weeks. I'll post pictures and possibly a video if anyone is interested.
Here also are some videos floating around on youtube that I found had useful information.

Below you will see breaking capabilities of the scooter.

In this video below, you can watch a short trip with speed capabilities.

From these videos, it seems to be fast!

Hey Esper.  I just bought one of these last week as well.  Supposed to be here next week...........................................anxiously awaiting its arrival

On 6/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Esper said:

Look at that guys. This is what customer service looks like. 

Hey was your fast charger included?  Just curious mine was not and it looks like we didn't order too far apart from one another

9 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Hey was your fast charger included?  Just curious mine was not and it looks like we didn't order too far apart from one another

Fast chargers are coming in 3-4 weeks I believe, check your order email, it will say if fast charger was included in offer.

Fast chargers were offered as special for early pre orders.

16 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I ordered mine on June 5th and it arrived on June 29th.
Fast charger is not sent with the scooter, they are on another ship which should be arriving in California here in about 2 weeks.

Alright now for some useful information,

The breaks are swapped, meaning, left is rear and right is front.
Suspension is fantastic. I purposely rode into some big potholes I would normally slow down for on my Tesla and felt no issues with it. It has a nice feel when riding it and the settings for the motors are easy to learn, again the buttons on the handle could have been done better because one is reversed. 

WScc8ny.jpgThe explanation here is, left button pressed to be eco and right button pressed for dual.

Continuing on, while on ECO - Single top speed is 31 kph. I did change it to ECO - Dual, but it doesn't effect speed. Turbo - Dual grants top speed and I briefly reached a much higher speed that I was unable to read due to the amount of wind in my eyes while riding. So I slowed down.

The regenerative breaking is phenomenal. If you use the electric breaking instead of the disk breaks, you can extend the life of by quite a ways.

Important note. While the scooter is DEAD you can still use it as a push scooter, there is a very small resistance from the motor. Also note, pushing the scooter while dead will not recharge the scooter.

I'll add more information later as well as some pictures. Also, my scooter says 'Dualtron II Limited" but I'm unsure how to tell the difference between the limited and the EX.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 2

Esper, your wheel looks like a beast.

What is the acceleration like? Is it Tesla quick?

Also roughly how much does it weigh?

Edited by Edddeus

3 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Esper, your wheel looks like a beast.

What is the acceleration like? Is it Tesla quick?

Also roughly how much does it weigh?

Thanks,
The acceleration, depending on the mode is pretty quick. There is an option to have it slowly accelerate, which honestly would help extend the battery life. On the turbo, the wheel really lets loose and can accelerate much faster than any EUC can.
I think the weight is around 55 lbs, but because of the shape, is kinda awkward to hold. Its safer to grab it by the base.

There is an attachment point for a seat just in front of the rear wheel.
I also think I might buy an external battery to enhance its distance for longer trips.

• Like 2