Question about Flat Tire & Cut Off for 14D

Master Ong

I owned and rode 350 miles on my 9bot E+ in the last 2yrs, brought it to Burning Man. Had flats, dealt with that and such.

I was wondering about the KingSong 14D, is there a video tutorial out there to show how to take the EUC apart if it has a flat? And the spare tire is the same as 9bot? Just 14inch with a special valve?

How about cut offs, is that a common thing?

6 hours ago, Marvin Ong said:

I was wondering about the KingSong 14D, is there a video tutorial out there to show how to take the EUC apart if it has a flat?

And the spare tire is the same as 9bot? Just 14inch with a special valve?

Yes, 14" x 2.125", bent valve. However, some inner tubes have the bent valve pointing to the side, which would grab the wheel casing. Before buying, I would confirm from the seller that the valve is bent towards the front/back instead of to the side.

How about cut offs, is that a common thing?

You should do a search on this forum and do a little reading. This is quite a large topic, and I'm not sure what kind of answers you are hoping to get.

On terminology though:

A cut-off happens when the wheel has a serious malfunction and is no longer able to balance. Burnt components, shorted wires, loose connectors, etc (or a Gotway reaching it's top speed with the tilt-back removed).

• Instant crash, zero time for the rider to react, no possibility to jump off as the wheel is dead and doesn't provide a platform to jump off from.
  • Not common, but they do happen.

An over-lean happens when the rider tries to accelerate (or brake) faster than what the wheel is capable of. The wheel starts to fall forwards (or backwards) but continues trying to keep up until the tilt reaches 45 degrees and the wheel turns off.

• The rider has a short time to prepare for a crash while the wheel tries to keep up.
  • More common than a cut-off, since the magical feel of riding an EUC may remove the rider's common sense.
  • Several Gotway users have removed the tilt-back, and due to not hearing the warning beeps or disregarding them, some have reached the top speed cut-off and crashed.

Archived