Which did you choose and why? KS18L, MSuper X, Z10!

joku

15 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Wasn’t the difference between MSX and 18L something like only 1kg? At least the 18LX is heavier than the MSX with a same size battery, by a larger margin.

I have an 18L here ...its 21 - 21,5 kg....a 18XL is 40cells aka 50gramm heavier, about 23 - 23,5 kg....thats about the same as an MSX 1300/1600wh.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My choice was and is the z10 because i wanted something different in riding and i like the special, maybe a bit strange, look.

It could have some more range, but for its enough... Mostly my trips are not longer than 35 - 40km and with my weigh of 90kg the z10 can handle it. (I believe if i ride a bit smoother it should bring me up to 50km or maybe 55km)

3 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

As per what I found online:

18L: 18.9 KG

Z10: 23 KG

MSX: 23.5 KG (but of course, more battery)

That is the problem with online... The actual numbers, referring to US69 above and to:

18L = 21.5kg

MSX / 18LX = 23.5kg

Z10 = 25kg

1 hour ago, Jean Dublin said:

Then Kingsong's announced specs of 18.8 KG are fake, that is +2kg difference, that can't be a mistake... I've to say the "lie" worked with me.

I was thinking the "I've" in your sentence seemed the wrong choice of word, thinking it should be "i have" instead in that context.  However, i then noticed your location and said it in my attempt at an Irish accent and it completely made sense. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

As my first EUC, I chose the Z10. I was sold by the fact that Segway Ninebot is an established brand name, and permitted by police in my city's jurisdiction. The Ninebot App seems quite polished. As an incentive, I bought my Ninebot from eWheels, which included a year warranty. I figured the Z10's build would be something I could grow into. It's been about a week since I have owned it, and I have scratched it up pretty good going up and down the steepest hills in my neighborhood and steep gravel roads.  It took about three hours for me to get the hang of it, and the wider wheel does not matter much to me as I don't know how a narrower one would feel. I wanted the wider wheel for safety, as the roads in my town are a mixed bag. I think the LEDs and bluetooth speaker on the Z10 are super cool, and turn a lot of heads. I don't feel that comfortable riding around town yet because I do not have a mirror on my helmet. I own a OneWheelXR and a Boosted Stealth, and have no problems seeing who is behind me. Either way, I find the Z10 a really solid machine, and the probability of me getting in accident most likely will not be machine error, more like user error... So, I wear the minimum safety gear, till I get more skilled riding this machine... I have a few more questions about settings, if anyone knows the Z10... wondering why it lacks torque going up steep hills? I also heard that the unit will automatically unlock advanced power modes after an initial learning curve... don't know... just seems like its a bit slow, when it is advertised to go faster - not that I really want to, but may choose to at a latter time. I removed the mudguard and trolley because I preferred the rear  exposure of LEDs, and I am happy just using the standard handle to lift the Z10 - even though its more than twice as heavy compared to my OneWheel.

32 minutes ago, HangTen said:

As my first EUC, I chose the Z10. I was sold by the fact that Segway Ninebot is an established brand name, and permitted by police in my city's jurisdiction. The Ninebot App seems quite polished. As an incentive, I bought my Ninebot from eWheels, which included a year warranty. I figured the Z10's build would be something I could grow into. It's been about a week since I have owned it, and I have scratched it up pretty good going up and down the steepest hills in my neighborhood and steep gravel roads.  It took about three hours for me to get the hang of it, and the wider wheel does not matter much to me as I don't know how a narrower one would feel. I wanted the wider wheel for safety, as the roads in my town are a mixed bag. I think the LEDs and bluetooth speaker on the Z10 are super cool, and turn a lot of heads. I don't feel that comfortable riding around town yet because I do not have a mirror on my helmet. I own a OneWheelXR and a Boosted Stealth, and have no problems seeing who is behind me. Either way, I find the Z10 a really solid machine, and the probability of me getting in accident most likely will not be machine error, more like user error... So, I wear the minimum safety gear, till I get more skilled riding this machine... I have a few more questions about settings, if anyone knows the Z10... wondering why it lacks torque going up steep hills? I also heard that the unit will automatically unlock advanced power modes after an initial learning curve... don't know... just seems like its a bit slow, when it is advertised to go faster - not that I really want to, but may choose to at a latter time. I removed the mudguard and trolley because I preferred the rear  exposure of LEDs, and I am happy just using the standard handle to lift the Z10 - even though its more than twice as heavy compared to my OneWheel.

There are no unlock modes. Once you've ridden the first 1km, it'll go 28-mph. Now if you're a heavy guy, there's a possibility that it might not achieve 28-mph.

When you view the Ninebot app, in the center of the speedometer/battery gauge, you will see a max speed that the wheel is currently capable of. What do you see there? The number gets lower as the battery percentage drops, but at 100-percent battery it should be ~28-mph.

It accelerates at about the same rate as the Gotway MSuper V3s+ and MSX. It's decent for a 18-inch wheel. But in general, don't expect to shoot up steep hills with it. It's not a high-torque wheel from my experience with a multitude of different wheels.

I ordered the Gotway MSX from Jason @ Ewheels.

Still waiting on this batch to come in.

I love the Monster 100v and I have a Monster 2400 + an ACMvS+ 1600.

Gotway are strong and durable wheels.

I never had a cutoff ever and I ride the hell out of my wheels.

Top speed I hit in my Monster 100v so far is 57kph though 63 is easy to attain as max.

I trust Gotway and they are the Only wheels I own.

50 minutes ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

I ordered the Gotway MSX from Jason @ Ewheels.

Still waiting on this batch to come in.

I love the Monster 100v and I have a Monster 2400 + an ACMvS+ 1600.

Gotway are strong and durable wheels.

I never had a cutoff ever and I ride the hell out of my wheels.

Top speed I hit in my Monster 100v so far is 57kph though 63 is easy to attain as max.

I trust Gotway and they are the Only wheels I own.

The Force is strong with this one :thumbup:

Archived