Which did you choose and why? KS18L, MSuper X, Z10!

joku

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

I chose the KS18L due to it ticked most boxes I want different from my Inmotion v8 (my first EUC), and ...

A )  MonsterX is a Gotway (not trusting it, a personal opinion from reading on internet, never had or rode one yet).

B ) Z10 is not available yet in EU (legal to sell in EU due to no CE approval, yet)

Z10 will be officially sold with proper CE certification and some improvements early next year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, cloudust said:

Z10 will be officially sold with proper CE certification and some improvements early next year.

Might be, but key point here is ...next year....

I have used my KS18L...this summer season

I have a KS18L and a Z10.

Weirdly I find the braking on the KS even worse than on the Z10.

But mostly I find the KS incredibly boring to ride ...

Z10 is like a wild animal you try to tame, but so rewarding and fun

This a follow after about 500 miles on the KS18L and reading/seeing the experiences of others about the three other new products. I would still buy the KS18L, BUT, now only because I don't like the square look of the MSX. I thought I would never need more than 30 miles range, but now that is the length of my typical leisure ride. I think the MSX is fantastic wheel and as reliable as any on the market. I like the idea of letting adults set their own operating parameters. If the MSX looked like a Tesla, I would have made that my choice. With the coming KS18XL, I would prefer that over the MSX even if the MSX had more attractive looks.

Hello. I just learned final price for ordering a Z10 through ewheels is $1,994. Has anyone ordered from Ali Express? I see they list Z10 including shipping at half price?! Anyone? Are they legit? Would it get stopped at customs? I assume it's a bad idea to order a cheap one, but curious if anyone has gone this route successfully and what was your experience like? Thank you...

1 hour ago, Rama Douglas said:

Hello. I just learned final price for ordering a Z10 through ewheels is $1,994. Has anyone ordered from Ali Express? I see they list Z10 including shipping at half price?! Anyone? Are they legit? Would it get stopped at customs? I assume it's a bad idea to order a cheap one, but curious if anyone has gone this route successfully and what was your experience like? Thank you...

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I think the EWheels price includes the Air Shipping surcharge. Maybe if you wait until next year after the demand subsides, Jason will start to receive them via ship, and save a couple hundred dollars.

45 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I think the EWheels price includes the Air Shipping surcharge. Maybe if you wait until next year after the demand subsides, Jason will start to receive them via ship, and save a couple hundred dollars.

No the $1994 price does not include Air shipping now.  It's the slow boat from China;  that I think is currently docked until their holiday is over.  That said, any one saying they will ship a Z10 for half that and it's advertised on Ali is trying to pull some fast one.  If you buy from China, only buy from a known good supplier.  At this point I think you missed the Air option from Jason, unless they didn't go out as expected, but the slow boat hopefully will leave in a week or so.  

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

No the $1994 price does not include Air shipping now.  It's the slow boat from China;  that I think is currently docked until their holiday is over.  That said, any one saying they will ship a Z10 for half that and it's advertised on Ali is trying to pull some fast one.  If you buy from China, only buy from a known good supplier.  At this point I think you missed the Air option from Jason, unless they didn't go out as expected, but the slow boat hopefully will leave in a week or so.  

They emailed me yesterday and said next month, they are receiving the next batch via boat...

7 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

I don't see any Z10 listed at $1000. Those are for the Z6. If you click on it, you will see the low price is for Z6 and a higher price, which is for the Z10. The cheapest Z10 shipped to US is about $1700. 

I have no experience ordering from them though.

2 hours ago, cloudy_jai said:

I don't see any Z10 listed at $1000. Those are for the Z6. If you click on it, you will see the low price is for Z6 and a higher price, which is for the Z10. The cheapest Z10 shipped to US is about $1700. 

I have no experience ordering from them though.

That makes more sense. I didn't see that. Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been riding a Onewheel+ for little over a year and I really love it, but I wanted something with more range. EUC's was an obvious choice. It was really hard to choose the right one for me. I'm 1,89/6"2" and weigh 110 kg, so I wanted something that could handle me and give me about 50 km of range, or 2 - 2,5 hours playtime. In the end the MSX and the KS18XL where the two I was most keen on. As a EUC noob with no other reference than youtube, forums and reasoning with no knowledge, it came down to looks, footplate size and shell durability (since it probably will take a beating in the beginning), and I ended up ordering the 18XL. Can't wait to get my hands/feet on it:)

If there was a Z15, then I would have bought that.

i chose the msx and i love it , I'd of probably considered the kingsong if the xl was out 3 months ago because i wanted the range, the xl will have some serious milage but I'm very happy with the msx the kingsong xl is a good choice and now with those bigger pedal to ?? your gunna love it ??

I have a Z10 I love but I need more range.

I tried a KS18l for 200km to see if I was goint to get a XL but I dont like this wheel.

I find it boring to drive and clumsy.

I tried a MSX for a few minutes only but I found it much superior to the KS, in terms of fun and manoeuvrability.

27 minutes ago, stephen said:

i chose the msx and i love it , I'd of probably considered the kingsong if the xl was out 3 months ago because i wanted the range, the xl will have some serious milage but I'm very happy with the msx the kingsong xl is a good choice and now with those bigger pedal to ?? your gunna love it ??

Thanks, I really hope so, and I'm sure I would have loved the MSX if I ordered that. Awesome machines both of them!

I got the MSX but always thinking of Z10, it may or may not be a better wheel, but 1300Wh MSX is cheaper, faster and available. Z10...... if I could try it, I could make a better judgment, but as it stands, Im more than happy with MSX :))

KS18L because it's weight is still low enough to carry upstairs to the 1st floor or anytime I need to go up a few stairs.
The body is also thin enough for an 18inch in my opinion. Mudguard included (which does the job). Padding seems to be good so far as well, it seems like it may be the first wheel I won't add extra leg padding to, let's see what I think tomorrow as I'll do a longer ride.

MSX and Z10 are way too heavy.

1 hour ago, Jean Dublin said:

Padding seems to be good so far as well, it seems like it may be the first wheel I won't add extra leg padding to, let's see what I think tomorrow as I'll do a longer ride.

You'll be fine... The 18L padding is nice and soft, and positioned well!

5 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

MSX and Z10 are way too heavy.

Wasn’t the difference between MSX and 18L something like only 1kg? At least the 18LX is heavier than the MSX with a same size battery, by a larger margin.

15 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Wasn’t the difference between MSX and 18L something like only 1kg? At least the 18LX is heavier than the MSX with a same size battery, by a larger margin.

As per what I found online:

18L: 18.9 KG

Z10: 23 KG

MSX: 23.5 KG (but of course, more battery)

Archived