New KS18S firmware (1.08)

Master Blaster

I did the latest firmware update for KS18S to 1.08 — no difficulties, don’t think it did much except an update to RGB, and battery level readout, and 3 second fan test on power on as noted in the screenshot below......

1520D476-D971-4D14-9BC1-51B5157505B6.png

Edited by Master Blaster

I was prompted to update but got the darn screen where yes/no buttons were to low on screen to be accessible/clickable.  I agree that firmware notes didn’t make update sound critical.  What happens if the fan fails to respond to test I wonder?

I absolutely love my 18s.  Nimble, fast and stable.

53 minutes ago, Holt said:

I was prompted to update but got the darn screen where yes/no buttons were to low on screen to be accessible/clickable.  I agree that firmware notes didn’t make update sound critical.  What happens if the fan fails to respond to test I wonder?

I absolutely love my 18s.  Nimble, fast and stable.

Which phone do you have? I have the same problem on iOS (iPhone x) regarding the bad app button layout... ?

Ok I did something.  Might be something.  Might be nothing.

was getting the firmware upgrade phantom button issue.  Exited app, reopened app, immediately clicked Device -> More -> Firmware interface and clicked the big round orange button.  

Update completed as designed.

I think I avoided the prompt w phantom buttons taking this route.

• Like 1

I found a way to update the firmware, you have to go into setting once you connect to the wheel and go to firmware, you will be able to update it there.  I have the iPhone X too and if you connect to the wheel and wait for it to prompt you to upgrade, you will not be able to because you can't get to the ok or update button on the bottom. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:24 PM, Holt said:

Ok I did something.  Might be something.  Might be nothing.

was getting the firmware upgrade phantom button issue.  Exited app, reopened app, immediately clicked Device -> More -> Firmware interface and clicked the big round orange button.  

Update completed as designed.

I think I avoided the prompt w phantom buttons taking this route.

On 6/25/2018 at 6:13 PM, eddiemoy said:

I found a way to update the firmware, you have to go into setting once you connect to the wheel and go to firmware, you will be able to update it there.  I have the iPhone X too and if you connect to the wheel and wait for it to prompt you to upgrade, you will not be able to because you can't get to the ok or update button on the bottom. 

Hope this helps!

I can confirm these two posts are the way to get the firmware updated.  I have the iPhone 6S and this is what I ended up doing as well.  So you can get the firmware updated this way.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends!

I also have a 18S and just now (1700 km) I'm riding to work a pretty long smooth street. The speed limits were still set to 40 (after I had the first 100 km) and I've tried this limit with full protection last year without problems. 

Due to the fact that I was just riding to work complete year and had a lot of turns, I almost never exceeded the speed limit of 35. Now on the straight long street it's absolutely no problem to hit the gas paddle little bit more. But as soon as I come over the 35, the wheel becomes little bit shakey which I didn't feel before. Can be that I just didn't feel it because I never rided the 35 constantly...

Now my question is if the Firmware update helps? My wheel has currently version 1.01. In the description is written, the jitter problem is solved. I'm wondering now, if this what I described is the jitter problem. I'm little bit affraid If I'm updating the software to have the same problem issues like others described in the forum...

What to do?

My speed limit is set to 35kph and I rarely go faster.  I have not experienced the wobble or shake you describe. 

The firmware update worked ok for me and I went from 1.01 to 1.07.  

Will it fix the issue?  One way to find out!

Edited by Holt

1 hour ago, Eman said:

Hello friends!

I also have a 18S and just now (1700 km) I'm riding to work a pretty long smooth street. The speed limits were still set to 40 (after I had the first 100 km) and I've tried this limit with full protection last year without problems. 

Due to the fact that I was just riding to work complete year and had a lot of turns, I almost never exceeded the speed limit of 35. Now on the straight long street it's absolutely no problem to hit the gas paddle little bit more. But as soon as I come over the 35, the wheel becomes little bit shakey which I didn't feel before. Can be that I just didn't feel it because I never rided the 35 constantly...

Now my question is if the Firmware update helps? My wheel has currently version 1.01. In the description is written, the jitter problem is solved. I'm wondering now, if this what I described is the jitter problem. I'm little bit affraid If I'm updating the software to have the same problem issues like others described in the forum...

What to do?

The so called “jitter problem” is just a bit of vibrating when the wheel stands still...i always feeled that like the enourm power the wheel has :-)

But it has nothing todo with speed wobbles...

From how you tell it i would assume you are just not “real experienced” to higher speeds! At higher speeds you must just have more control over the wheel...

Nonetheless...i would advise to upgrade the wheel, as from 1.03-1.04 (or so) KS implemented some pretty good better motor drivers...making the wheel more quiet, fluid and more torque, also! Meanwhile its on 1.08(or even higher, dont have that now)

When you decide to upgrade: Set your phone display to “not sleep after some seconds” so that it stays awake....dont move around with the phone while updating as changing to landscape unfortunately can bring the app to crash...just let the update do its thing! And check if you got newest KS app version, before!

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

Thanks, 

I did the upgrade without problems. Will let you know tomorrow if the vibrations still there. Already after making one more calibration, it felt better and I drove 38. 

And this vibrations were not just "unknown high speed vibrations". This differences I already know. The MSuper had the same but after it, there was the cut off and fall with 50. That's not nice and I better braked the KS 18 down when any vibration occurred to not fall again. 

Have safe rides all! 

Emanuel 

Hi again and thanks to all! 

I fully charged over night (95% right now) and just went my first few km to the Metro Station. 

It feels like kingsong improved the speed control really dramatically. Such a smooth drive I've never had before on any unicycle... Breaking and accelerating feels just amazing and faster than before! 

38,5 km/h on the road with some bumps where I before could just go a max of 30. 

Have a great day! 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chriull said:

That's an bug in the app, which should have been corrected in the latest app version (?1.52?) for android according to @US69 .

Yip,

when entering the app it might come to false prompts like These shown! Dont say yes to such update prompts….

Best is to check for new Firmware yourself over the Firmware update menu. Only if a new Version is shown the Update button should be pressed.