Jump to content

The Germans seem to be different


Torsten Daerr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, I've been a member of this community for quite a while and I remember that about three years ago the admins here decided to create a separate little corner for the Germans where they can discuss their legal problems in German. Since then I have been following the most popular German thread where we've been talking about one single issue: The fact that in Germany riding an electric monowheel is a criminal offence and there have been cases where wheels have been confiscated by the police pressed criminal charges against the riders.

My question is this: Are we Germans the only nation with this problem? What is the legal situation in other countries? 

Many thanks,

Torsten

Edited by Torsten Daerr
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Torsten Daerr said:

Hi, I've been a member of this community for quite a while and I remember that about three years ago the admins here decided to create a separate little corner for the Germans where they can discuss their legal problems in German. Since then I have been following the most popular German thread where we've been talking about one single issue: The fact that in Germany riding an electric monowheel is a criminal offence and there have been cases where wheels have been confiscated by the police pressed criminal charges against the riders.

My question is this: Are we Germans the only nation with this problem? What is the legal situation in other countries? 

Many thanks,

Torsten

looks like the UK has same laws they need updating I'd love to go to work or shops on my wheel but just use it for pleasure at the moment so no road or pavement usage.. maybe a sneaky one here and there lol ?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In some cities on Spain you can get a traffic fine for using euc or electric scooters in the pavement or the sidewalk. Out from those cities the electric unicycle or scooter are mostly tolerated

Edited by Demargon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a moment there I thought this entire thread was about @meepmeepmayer.  :whistling:  But yeah riding EUCs are technically illegal in Canada too :ph34r:, but the cops are more interested in chasing real criminals :eff01bbbfc: for the moment that those of us riding on a single wheel.  Vancouver had a couple of incidents where @musk and someone else got $600 fines and a court date for riding on a sidewalk.  :rolleyes:  I never heard what happened to musk's court appearance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the interesting thing is that the Germans are the only nation here on this forum who have their own little corner where they have been whining and complaining about the police ever since I joined. At the same time I have covered more than 2100 kilometers on my Ninebot One in more than 10 different cities throughout Germany and for the most part have received positive feedback even from some cops. The point I'm trying to make is that we Germans are the world's champions when it comes to complaining and harping on risks and drawbacks instead of seeing the potential and advantages of a new technology or any novelty.  

Edited by Torsten Daerr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think there is a problem with "whining and complaining" if you risk getting your euc confiscated + fines. From what I see diagonally reading through the thread (my German isn't very good) it seems some people try to take action and contact officials to see what can be done.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • It's actually a grey area in Germany, with good arguments saying EUCs are a-ok at least when you have a driving licence.
  • Many Germans' mindset of anticipatory obedience is just plain pathetic. Not going to say much about this, I look down on these people almost more than the ones who pose bans, etc. Nobody likes traitors and pushovers - the enemy in your own rank is the worst.
    To quote a Romanian guy who sums it up quite nicely:
    3 hours ago, lucian75 said:

    If Polizei stop 1 german EUC user...he will say..i'm sorry..i do something very very bad...please punish me..I give you my EUC to destroy it..I will pay extra fine also...I deserve it 

    Which is why every other local thread is overwhelmingly about riding EUCs, and the German one is 95% legalities. I wouldn't know any other country with this problem.

  • 13 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

    For a moment there I thought this entire thread was about @meepmeepmayer.  :whistling:

    I won't even pretend to honor this insidious comment with any respons... d'oh!:efef62fc70:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Torsten Daerr said:

Well, the interesting thing is that the Germans are the only nation here on this forum who have their own little corner where they have been whining and complaining about the police ever since I joined. At the same time I have covered more than 2100 kilometers on my Ninebot One in more than 10 different cities throughout Germany and for the most part have received positive feedback even from some cops. The point I'm trying to make is that we Germans are the world's champions when it comes to complaining and harping on risks and drawbacks instead of seeing the potential and advantages of a new technology or any novelty.  

have fun to say everywhere that we howl etc. but there have been cases where the unicycle was destroyed, 2500 penalty, points in Flensburg and much more.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Torsten Daerr said:

The point I'm trying to make is that we Germans are the world's champions when it comes to complaining and harping on risks and drawbacks instead of seeing the potential and advantages of a new technology or any novelty.  

Sorry absolutely got to disagree here. We Brits can beat you hands down when it comes to complaining and harping on

 

 

 

Edited by Keith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are u thinking that iam driving but carefully looking against police mans thats all :) and what should we do we are talking with politics with police and so on we cant do more.

1 hour ago, Torsten Daerr said:

Exactly and your reaction to this to continue shitting your pants whining like a bunch of spineless bootlickers. So, you deserve this kind of treatment by the German authorities. 

Edited by Triexy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...