Is it possible to put a seat on the ks18l?

joku

Wow Yea that looks much better.  I think I am going to hold off anymore of the yoga block seat thing for now.  Jason McNeil is very informed on his products, and I’m not a featherweight.  If you lighter guys get away with it for a long time maybe I’ll give it a try with a larger block like Mickey Micklos has.  

On 3/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, MickeyMicklos said:

For those of you trying the yoga block thing, you gotta make sure it's fit to the size of the wheel. Those images I saw earlier looked painful. Here's the proper way:

IMG_0284 small.JPG

Your solution looks of quality and purpose made. Well done! The picture is a before and after I am guessing? What tools did you use to shape it? The before block is taller than the finished seat. Was that for stability or for fit for your height? The length of the seat covering the entire top I would imagine distributes the riders weight evenly and not overstress the shell. Is that how it feels to you?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? How does it perform for you? Can you compare this against seated riding on other wheels like the 18S, mSuper or Monster?

For me at 5’5” and 140 lbs, the perfect wheel would be the 18XL with a safe and comfortable seat. Descriptions of how the 18XL rides like a smaller wheel with the stability of a larger one and is immediately intuitively familiar checks all my boxes except for the seat. Thank you for sharing your ingenuity!

Edited by Ming

Actually this is all very funny...

The KS18A/AY/S series is about 3 years on the market...and hell yeah, KS had received that much of:

„Build a 18inch wheel like the 14s/16s style.no one needs that high seating shel

And now...as the 18L/XL is there, all want a seating option :-)

As a owner of 18L AND 18S: whoever is interested in perfect seated riding...should think of a 18S!

It is as powerfull as the 18L/XL...just not that much agile and zippy...but really as powerfull, and for long range seting riding it is a blast!!!

The main problem on installing a seat on the 18L/xl is also that you you will not reach the height of the 18S...and that your seat might conflict with the handle and trolley system. As Jason said: The new shell is not specific build for putting the complete driver weight onto the shell, he is correct with this. So please be aware of this....

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Would seat supports going down to the Pedals work?

Yes. The pedals (and pedal brackets) are designed to hold the rider weight. The rest of the wheel is just some stuff held together by a plastic shell which itself is screwed onto the pedal brackets, so not exactly designed to hold a rider, just the wheel stuff itself.

So all weight on the brackets or pedals is the ideal way to make a seat attachment.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like there are 5 KS 18L/XL seat threads... This was my solution. I am a featherweight though and only sit on long group rides. I thought about something that connects to the foot pedals but don't have the time or resources to make something that complex (not that it needs to be be scissors and foam is pretty simple).

• 2 weeks later...

Kingsong has made a seat specially made for Kingsong 18L/XL:
https://www.facebook.com/VickyElectricUnicyclescooter/posts/529657344243391
(I asked if this was simply the seat for 16XL but the reply was this is specially made for the 18L/XL)

I am tempted but I am currently overseas away from my wheel. I suggest the first trying this write a review here.

70476316_529720314237094_2779034150512885760_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Will Jason be getting these in? @Jason McNeil

On 9/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, Enthusiast said:

Kingsong has made a seat specially made for Kingsong 18L/XL:
https://www.facebook.com/VickyElectricUnicyclescooter/posts/529657344243391
(I asked if this was simply the seat for 16XL but the reply was this is specially made for the 18L/XL)

I am tempted but I am currently overseas away from my wheel. I suggest the first trying this write a review here.

70476316_529720314237094_2779034150512885760_n.jpg