Is it possible to put a seat on the ks18l?

joku

I'm sorry I wasn't here to reply earlier, I decided to go out more. Had I read about the comforts on sitting on a 16", I might still be out there.

@mezzanine, sorry for the rant earlier. I must've misunderstood your point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You said, "I doubt it, unless you're 4 feet tall."

I know one rider who is probably ~5'8" and regularly rides his ACM while seated. That's quite a bit taller than 4'. I've seen others (Chooch comes to mind, as one example) online do it regularly. I never said Tall People, which is a term generally applied to people over 6-feet tall.

So certainly sitting on the 18L will be enjoyed by many people.

Lots of people enjoy seated riding on 14" wheels, even.  Very relaxing for most folks for long rides.  

50 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Lots of people enjoy seated riding on 14" wheels, even.  Very relaxing for most folks for long rides.  

I never said anything about 14-inch wheels. I don't think you did either. I think now you're just being silly.  I was offering an honest counterpoint to the assertion that only 4-foot tall people would ride the 18L seated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I never said anything about 14-inch wheels. I don't think you did either. I think now you're just being silly.  I was offering an honest counterpoint to the assertion that only 4-foot tall people would ride the 18L seated.

One of us is certainly being silly.  Make a poll (if you have the courage of your convictions) asking how many users of 16 and 18 inch wheels ride seated (not including the 18" KS).  How frequently and for how long at a time.  

So many folks on the internet would do well to take an intro logic course!  They truly don't understand the basics of argumentation.  ;)

Edited by mezzanine

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 12:09 PM, kasenutty said:

I hope there is a taller shell version with a seat and more batteries coming. That's what I really want. An 18L in the 18s form factor with 1600+ of batteries. 

I feel the same way. I stated something similar on "Hey, Kingsong. What's next?" thread I started sometime back. An 18LS would be an excellent evolution of the 18S.:efee8319ab:👍

On 6/19/2018 at 1:20 AM, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe you should just go ahead and:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On 12/24/2018 at 3:47 AM, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo i did try to put a seat on my 18L. FYI im a Asian so im a little bit small. So this seat for me works perfectly

2E6996C6-647D-48E3-AA8F-990E90FCC03E.jpeg

The wheel also looks excellent!

In particular i’m intrigued by what looks like the ninebot e+ parking stand. 

How did you manage to do that 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2018 at 10:47 PM, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo i did try to put a seat on my 18L. FYI im a Asian so im a little bit small. So this seat for me works perfectly

2E6996C6-647D-48E3-AA8F-990E90FCC03E.jpeg

Wow! The other attachments look familiar, but I don't remember the seat being there back when we took our ride up 14th Street :thumbup:. It looks awesome.

How does it feel when you sit on it? Does it feel very low? Is the seating position comfortable for you? What is that interesting attachment that look to be on the back of the seat? I imagine that it would be more comfortable for you than for someone tall like me. The seat looks really awesome though; like a professional install. Your wheel reminds me of a war machine from Mad Max :thumbup:

@Jean Dublin , dig this seat set-up dude.

Edited by Lutalo

3 hours ago, Siggy said:

@Siggy. @Neil (yanex)'s  wheel looks even more impressive in person bruh. I am looking forward to seeing him use the seat. I will try to get that one on film😉👍. Not sure whether or not the stand is a repurposed 9B stand; could be. The stand works well though. I have to get some tips on how to install one on my wheels. 

4 hours ago, Siggy said:

its a polycarbonate round bar its so lightweight so i cut it in the perfect size and attach it in front. in the 18L theres a hole for mudguard in front so i use that and screw the bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Wow! The other attachments look familiar, but I don't remember the seat being there back when we took our ride up 14th Street :thumbup:. It looks awesome.

How does it feel when you sit on it? Does it feel very low? Is the seating position comfortable for you? What is that interesting attachment that look to be on the back of the seat? I imagine that it would be more comfortable for you than for someone tall like me. The seat looks really awesome though; like a professional install. Your wheel reminds me of a war machine from Mad Max :thumbup:

@Jean Dublin , dig this seat set-up dude.

i have this set up this seat awhile back like a couple months ago but i end up removing the seat because i'm afraid that if i fall and the seat hit the ground it might rip of the handle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil (yanex) said:

i have this set up this seat awhile back like a couple months ago but i end up removing the seat because i'm afraid that if i fall and the seat hit the ground it might rip of the handle.

OK. Makes sense. Looks cool though. 

2 hours ago, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo but dude its really comfortable and the leg room for me of this seat is perfect. 

Looking forward to seeing your setup now. I know it's awesome as always whatever it is. When we link up, let's be sure to discuss you showing me how to duplicate your wheelstand install for my 18L and XL. :efee8319ab:👍 Don't worry @Siggy you know I got you bruh. Soon as I know,  you will also 👌:D

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kingsong should make a top that mounts to the 18l and xl that adds a seat converting it to the 18s format it could extend down to the foot pedals if needed to distribute the weight a bit.  It could lock onto the trolly handle so it doesn’t accidentally come off.  Since I am dreaming here let’s have them add 840wh of batteries inside that can be jumpered to the charging port to extend the range by another 25 miles.  City commuter wheel when you want and long distance group rides when you want.  Jason McNeil put a bug in kingsongs ear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...