KS18L Unboxing, Unlock & Impression

Henrik Olsen

9 hours ago, Adumb said:

Hah, it's cute seeing him so happy like that. 

This is why Denmark has been rated as the happiest country several times ?? Good job @Henrik Olsenat raising the happy factor once again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Unventor said:

@Henrik Olsen I know from your vids that you have a lot of KS wheels. Have you ever ridden a Inmotion V8?

If you an recall the dynamics/feel if the wheel how does the KS18L compare to that?

I have tried V8, but only for short rides not enough to comment on comparison 

1 minute ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I have tried V8, but only for short rides not enough to comment on comparison 

How about comparison to the 16S? Many people might wonder about that. Either upgrading or as an alternative. 

yes, my previous wheels KS16B and MSuper V3, and KS18L is far superior compared to those IMHO. 

I have been tempted with the X no doubt about that, especially after trying Tesla. I preordered the KS18L in January, so they choice was made on my side. 

I do trust the build quality of KS higher than GW, so I would likely go for KS18L if I had to pick all over again. 

8 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

From what I have learned know, it seems you need to ride at least 200km to unlock 50kph, otherwise, the top speed is 40kph. 

The tilt-back is forced when having 4 dots left (<67,7V) to 30kph, then down 20kph with 3 dots (<64,8V)and finally down to 15kph along with either beeping or "PLEASE CHARGE YOUR DEVICE" and finally makes the wheel tilt back hard making it unrideable. 

I will have a real-life range test up later this week where you can see it. 

Bummer. That means the practical range is from full battery to three dots. Riding at 20 kph on a large premium wheel is tolerable for a couple of miles at best.  Riding at 15 kph is slightly better than walking .. maybe.

1 hour ago, joku said:

After seeing the rubber black finish in this video, I went with the King Song: 

The Matt Black is a nice finish. I'm more impressed by the cut off on the headlamp though. About time EUCs had a shaped beam so as to not annoy oncoming pedestrians and cars. 

18 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Sorry ?

Don't be sorry... I'm just messing with you @Henrik Olsen

As my 18L will be arriving with 5 other EUC and scooter models (as a pat of a start-up business here in NZ), I am sure I will be plenty excited (off camera at least).

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Don't be sorry... I'm just messing with you @Henrik Olsen

As my 18L will be arriving with 5 other EUC and scooter models (as a pat of a start-up business here in NZ), I am sure I will be plenty excited (off camera at least).

Nice ?

15 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

The Matt Black is a nice finish. I'm more impressed by the cut off on the headlamp though. About time EUCs had a shaped beam so as to not annoy oncoming pedestrians and cars. 

Good looking wheel; just need someone to redesign that ugly mud guard.

36 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  I know what they can replace it with and help make these wheels more visible at night!

Every time I see that KingSong mudflap I think of something like this picture or more vividly, the ones we see on the back of some pickup trucks. KingSong obviously didn't have any westerners on their design team :)

Just now, Henrik Olsen said:

It unscrews, no problem

good. maybe one of our talented forum members/3d printer/machinist can make a kickstand to use those holes left by the mud flop.

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

good. maybe one of our talented forum members/3d printer/machinist can make a kickstand to use those holes left by the mud flop.

How about a mud guard kick stand!

1 minute ago, fryman said:

How about a mud guard kick stand!

yeah that would be fine if it doesn’t look like a bull’s scrotum.

i don’t always have something convenient to lean the wheel up against. kickstand would be real handy.

Archived