Smash 'N Grab EUC theft from vehicle!

It happened around 1150 a.m. on Saturday 6/16/18 from the parking lot of the "Pick-A-Part 'in San Bernardino.The stolen wheel was a KS-14c with the ewheels trolly handle.The wheel was not visible to the thiefs because it was on the floorboard of my company truck underneath a jacket and some new toolbags.I always keep a wheel in my company truck and I believe the stealing scumbags broke the passenger side window hoping to find tools for a quick drug score.They didn't even open the door during the theft,according to a witness who said they were gone within 10 seconds.

I hope you get it back or the money its valued at. It's strange that only your wheel was taken because the market to resell them is very niche. They won't get very far with it. I'd keep a lookout on the popular theft markets like Craigslist and OfferUp. Also expand the search on those mediums to cities outside your immediate area. I once saw a youtube video of a guy that had a bike stolen in seattle and recovered it in portland on craigslist a month later.

Another bit of insight. People that steal high value things like this typically have it sit somewhere for a month before they try to sell it. So just because you can't find it in the first week doesn't mean it's gone for good. 

On another note. It may be a good idea for people that live/work in an area of car prowls and theft to place a gps tracker inside their wheel. These wheels are valuable and small enough to walk away with.

53 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

When life gives you lemons, make it the perfect excuse to buy a new 14 incher *shiny MCM5 winking at you*

That's exactly what I'd do haha

6 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

It happened around 1150 a.m. on Saturday 6/16/18 from the parking lot of the "Pick-A-Part 'in San Bernardino.The stolen wheel was a KS-14c with the ewheels trolly handle.The wheel was not visible to the thiefs because it was on the floorboard of my company truck underneath a jacket and some new toolbags.I always keep a wheel in my company truck and I believe the stealing scumbags broke the passenger side window hoping to find tools for a quick drug score.They didn't even open the door during the theft,according to a witness who said they were gone within 10 seconds.

:crying:

Sorry to hear this Jeff. Thankfully you didn't have one of your nicer wheels there, but that 14C is a classic. Sad.

:furious:  Burns my bacon when I hear stories like this.  Unfortunately without a tracker I think the odds of getting it back are likely slim.  I wonder how well those Tile thingies work?

Maybe a floor bolt with a loop that one can chain wheels to would offer some deterrent to the quick smash and grabs.  Or just quickly chain it to a chair support.

1 hour ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

The very same.I won't be surprised if I see it on Craigslist again.

If you do, set yourself up as the buyer, and bring fake cash. or turn it on to see if it works and do a little test drive then just bail and don't go back.

2 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

The very same.I won't be surprised if I see it on Craigslist again.

I get email alerts for Kingsong on Craigslist so I let you know if it pops up.

Archived