IPS Zero 260 blinking red leds and beeping sound

minde16v

Hi,
Got a problem with my IPS Zero 260. Last week I turned it off as usually before crossing the street, after that, I turned it on and got blinking red leds and beeping sound. The app on my android phone is restarting and doesn’t connects to it. I have disassembled the unicycle, tested battery with 40W load, all cells seems OK. So, I think the problem is with control unit. Is there a way to make a factory reset on it? More thoughts about what's wrong with it?

• 9 months later...

Hopefully this isn't a blatant hijack..

I'm looking into finding how much a new battery will cost but I came across this post and now I'm wondering if resetting my IPS Zero with the utilities app would solve my issues.

Yesterday, it suddenly started acting up. 

1. Low battery warning at 60%. Typically it's been set at 18%.

2. It doesn't charge to 100%. Charger goes green but app says 60%. Repeatedly plugging it in when it turns green adds a little more until it goes green again. I've got it to 80% using that method.

Anyone have some input? 

Thanks!

Edit: It charged this last time to 100% so I decided to take it out for a slow cruise. I watched the app closely this time. After a good little while the low battery warning came on the app said -0%. It quickly reverted to what must have been the actual reading of 60% and it resumed "normal" operation. Ugh. I hope it's just a glitch than can be reset and not the board. 

Edited by Freewheeler

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:55 PM, Freewheeler said:

Hopefully this isn't a blatant hijack..

I'm looking into finding how much a new battery will cost but I came across this post and now I'm wondering if resetting my IPS Zero with the utilities app would solve my issues.

Yesterday, it suddenly started acting up. 

1. Low battery warning at 60%. Typically it's been set at 18%.

2. It doesn't charge to 100%. Charger goes green but app says 60%. Repeatedly plugging it in when it turns green adds a little more until it goes green again. I've got it to 80% using that method.

Anyone have some input? 

Thanks!

Edit: It charged this last time to 100% so I decided to take it out for a slow cruise. I watched the app closely this time. After a good little while the low battery warning came on the app said -0%. It quickly reverted to what must have been the actual reading of 60% and it resumed "normal" operation. Ugh. I hope it's just a glitch than can be reset and not the board. 

an aged battery did the same to me, but it charged 100%. I have 2 cells show lower voltage (on the lhotz you can see their initial voltage by tapping the voltage on the setting page of the app) so for your case, it could be either a cell or there's one of the many cell voltage balancings cable not doing contact all the time. It is normal that when you slow down or let it rest a bit the voltage goes up after a few seconds and the low battery warning stops but it's not instant. 5-10 seconds