Kingsong iOS App Can’t Update Firmware

Rotciv

Have you tried reducing the size of the font in the phone settings.  On my android you go to settings, then display.  Try the small font size.  That should allow you to see the buttons at the bottom.

13 hours ago, steve454 said:

Have you tried reducing the size of the font in the phone settings.  On my android you go to settings, then display.  Try the small font size.  That should allow you to see the buttons at the bottom.

Managed to install the firmware using an old Moto E. The pop up in the Android app is scrollable so I was able to tap on the buttons at the bottom. 

It’s odd that the Android app is not in the Play Store but hosted at a third party site. I wonder if the app is doing unscrupulous things behind the scenes and hence not getting approval at the play store. 

7 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Managed to install the firmware using an old Moto E. The pop up in the Android app is scrollable so I was able to tap on the buttons at the bottom. 

It’s odd that the Android app is not in the Play Store but hosted at a third party site. I wonder if the app is doing unscrupulous things behind the scenes and hence not getting approval at the play store. 

Yeah, that is odd.  Seems like Gotway is third party also.  Maybe when the apps are improved they will be back in the play store?

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents:

cent 1: On iOS: If you go fast to firm upgrade using the "More menu", you can upgrade from there with the big orange button.

cent 2: On Android: the app never stops using the freaking GPS. Even when it is off, even when it is closed using the standard way of closing apps. It only stops when I uncheck the location permission. It freaks me out. I have bought "app cloner", cloned the KS app and spoofed the GPS location for that app only, and it is not calling my GPS for coordinates anymore.

If anybody wants the cloned version with a spoofed location just let me know (if u trust me lol)

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Struck said:

cent 1: On iOS: If you go fast to firm upgrade using the "More menu", you can upgrade from there with the big orange button.

This solution worked for me, I did that when I performed 1.03 to 1.06, however the changelog was long like my ... well quite long and not scrollable (iOS).

15 minutes ago, nrvfromcnr said:

This solution worked for me, I did that when I performed 1.03 to 1.06, however the changelog was long like my ... well quite long and not scrollable (iOS).

What I meant in the attached video:

EDIT: Wait, can it be that after clicking on the orange button, the popup appears again? If that is the case, which I do not know, a solution is to go with an Android until they fix the thing.

Archived