Jump to content

Kingsong iOS App Can’t Update Firmware


Rotciv
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had a similar problem on an old Android phone when I first got my 14C.

Someone needs to tell KingSong that they need to develop and test their app on a variety of screen resolutions.  It really seems they don't do this.  

Edited by DaveThomasPilot
grammar
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you tried reducing the size of the font in the phone settings.  On my android you go to settings, then display.  Try the small font size.  That should allow you to see the buttons at the bottom.

Edited by steve454
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, steve454 said:

Have you tried reducing the size of the font in the phone settings.  On my android you go to settings, then display.  Try the small font size.  That should allow you to see the buttons at the bottom.

Managed to install the firmware using an old Moto E. The pop up in the Android app is scrollable so I was able to tap on the buttons at the bottom. 

It’s odd that the Android app is not in the Play Store but hosted at a third party site. I wonder if the app is doing unscrupulous things behind the scenes and hence not getting approval at the play store. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Managed to install the firmware using an old Moto E. The pop up in the Android app is scrollable so I was able to tap on the buttons at the bottom. 

It’s odd that the Android app is not in the Play Store but hosted at a third party site. I wonder if the app is doing unscrupulous things behind the scenes and hence not getting approval at the play store. 

Yeah, that is odd.  Seems like Gotway is third party also.  Maybe when the apps are improved they will be back in the play store?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My two cents:

 

cent 1: On iOS: If you go fast to firm upgrade using the "More menu", you can upgrade from there with the big orange button.

cent 2: On Android: the app never stops using the freaking GPS. Even when it is off, even when it is closed using the standard way of closing apps. It only stops when I uncheck the location permission. It freaks me out. I have bought "app cloner", cloned the KS app and spoofed the GPS location for that app only, and it is not calling my GPS for coordinates anymore.

If anybody wants the cloned version with a spoofed location just let me know (if u trust me lol)

 

Cheers!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Struck said:

cent 1: On iOS: If you go fast to firm upgrade using the "More menu", you can upgrade from there with the big orange button.

This solution worked for me, I did that when I performed 1.03 to 1.06, however the changelog was long like my ... well quite long and not scrollable (iOS).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, nrvfromcnr said:

This solution worked for me, I did that when I performed 1.03 to 1.06, however the changelog was long like my ... well quite long and not scrollable (iOS).

What I meant in the attached video:

 

EDIT: Wait, can it be that after clicking on the orange button, the popup appears again? If that is the case, which I do not know, a solution is to go with an Android until they fix the thing.

Edited by Struck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...