Awaywardman

I purchased a 2017 Gotway MSuper V3s+ 18” and recently had an Oscillation incident where the motor failed and through me off. It was the 2017 1300 watt hour 84 volt model. I sent it to their warranty facility. After a month I got it back and when I started riding it again I noticed on the app I use (wheel log) it reads 63 volts... So I'm wondering if the warranty facility replaced my motor with a the older 67 volt version... Does anyone here have an 84 volt MSuper and use the wheel log app? What does your voltage say?

15 minutes ago, Awaywardman said:

I purchased a 2017 Gotway MSuper V3s+ 18” and recently had an Oscillation incident where the motor failed and through me off. It was the 2017 1300 watt hour 84 volt model. I sent it to their warranty facility. After a month I got it back and when I started riding it again I noticed on the app I use (wheel log) it reads 63 volts... So I'm wondering if the warranty facility replaced my motor with a the older 67 volt version... Does anyone here have an 84 volt MSuper and use the wheel log app? What does your voltage say?

Unless you are using the 'fixed' version of WheelLog that works with 84-volt wheels, your voltage measurement will be wrong.

FYI, the voltage that your wheel operates on is based on the battery packs. The same motor can be driven by 67-volt or 84-volt systems. Look at your motor and you'll actually see it labeled as 60-volts. They all are.

You have a 4-pin charge port and your charger I'm sure is a 84-volt charger.

You're OK - don't worry.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Unless you are using the 'fixed' version of WheelLog that works with 84-volt wheels, your voltage measurement will be wrong.

FYI, the voltage that your wheel operates on is based on the battery packs. The same motor can be driven by 67-volt or 84-volt systems. Look at your motor and you'll actually see it labeled as 60-volts. They all are.

You have a 4-pin charge port and your charger I'm sure is a 84-volt charger.

You're OK - don't worry.

Thank you Marty. I thought that may be the case but wasn't sure. I just wanted to see what input anyone might have. 

This is completely normal for Gotway.

They started with 67.2V wheels, and contracted an app (out of house) for that. So what did they do when they started building 84V wheels? Update the app? Hell no, the money can be not spent! So their 84V wheels simply report a lower voltage via Bluetooth (real voltage * 0.8) so the old app still works (shows the right battery % from the voltage). They can easily do that because their firmware is naturally done in-house.

At least that's the story I've heard to explain this.

So you can multiply your voltage by 5/4 for the real number, or let the updated/forked Wheellog app from the forum here do that or you (There's a "I have a 84V Gotway" option to be checked. Be careful, this Wheellog version changes your settings if you only open the configuration menu!). Or you can just ignore the voltage readings:efee47c9c8:

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

<snip>

So you can multiply your voltage by 5/4 for the real number, or let the updated/forked Wheellog app from the forum here do that or you (There's a "I have a 84V Gotway" option to be checked. Be careful, this Wheellog version changes your settings if you only open the configuration menu!). Or you can just ignore the voltage readings:efee47c9c8:

What? Can you please elaborate? What settings are being changed, and to what? I haven't noticed anything :confused1:

The first time I opened some settings menu, the wheel double-beeped (like when you connect/change a setting) and the app had disabled the default speed beeps (and presumably set tiltback from off to 25km/h, didn't test).

Wasn't too happy and went back to the safe Play Store version.

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The first time I opened some settings menu, the wheel double-beeped (like when you connect/change a setting) and the app had disabled the default speed beeps (and presumably set tiltback from off to 25km/h, didn't test).

Wasn't too happy and went back to the safe Play Store version.

Very interesting. I only use WheelLog and haven't seen that yet. Hmmm.

Archived