High speed fall! my first severe fall

Shad0z

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Dude...You're riding a unicycle... If you don't fall, then you're probably riding slow enough that you can't keep up with your grandmother's mobility scooter!

eeey my grannies mobility scooters pretty nippy tbh , I've had a few twitches not looking forward to falling ?

26 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Dude...You're riding a unicycle... If you don't fall, then you're probably riding slow enough that you can't keep up with your grandmother's mobility scooter!

I mean you can avoid falling. But if someone has never fallen in like 12000km. Then yes :P

15 hours ago, Shad0z said:

so i was riding today. a little fast evening ride. going high speed i dont remember how much when i fall. but i was driving a place where i normally ride. and then unexpectetly. a new huge edge flung me off my tesla. i went flying and rolling on the ground. and this time i was in shock. i didnt feel much pain. but my shoulder was injured. i still dont know what injury it is. its probably just a shock. i can move my shoulder without issue. but it hurts. 

but i did get some nasty scrapings a big one on the back. and i rode home and looked at it. and i dont have any deep scrapings. just surface scrapings.

so im mostly ok. but this is just another reminder to wear safety gear. my cross helmet most definetly saved my face from asphalt. and if i didnt have my knee pads and elbow pads then it would be a lot worse than just surface scrapings.

so get that safety gear on! 

better 2 minutes before every ride than 2 days in a hospital :) 

if i didnt wear safety gear i then would be typing from the hospital.

Yes and can end up spending quite a bit more than 2 days there as well my friend, I get the point and you are correct and fully agree, but also even if not in the hospital you could end up off work (or school), pains, long time healing up, economical disaster etc.. I was off 3 month for a tiny little carpal bone in the hand/wrist called a Scaphoid, blood supply to that bone is very, very limited and healing takes a long time and maybe will never be 100% again, I much rather brake for ex a Tibia, Fibula, Radius, Ulna and perhaps even Humerus unless a severely complicated fracture like a joint, head of Humerus like Rehab1 cause that is a different story all together and the exception.

In fact Rehab1 is a good example of how it can end when falling, painful and hard do everything in your power to try to avoid it. Scrapings can be painful of course but hardly serious like a complicated fracture, deeper wound can of course get infected and other complications but please be careful and keep strapping on the protection every time you ride and stay safe.

Glad you are ok overall, nice to see

its official. i have a broken collar bone. Not sure how bad though. waiting to get xray right now.

now i where i take out my holy blanket at start praying :P 

1 minute ago, Shad0z said:

its official. i have a broken collar bone. Not sure how bad though. waiting to get xray right now.

now i where i take out my holy blanket at start praying :P 

Ohhh no!

Sorry to hear, great you listen to Rehab1 he knows better than most regarding the should incidents I suspect.

Then pray it is not some complications and that you heal up fast and nice + store in the memory banks and learn from it.

Good thing that you are still so young, your chances at healing up good in time I mean, I wanted to ask how the Tesla hold up to crashes (my ACM take a beating better than I ever expected I must admit), but later not the place and time for now..

1 hour ago, Roo Williams said:

Yeah, I’m very familiar with this. Have chronic impingement in my right shoulder that I’m currently trying to work out by training although I’ve developed a slightly winging scapular through trying to avoid pain and am subconsciously recruiting the wrong muscles to move my arm so it’s tricky.

Yeah. One of the first things the doctor had me do was simply raise my arms from next to my body to straight up in the air. He immediately saw I made "evasive action" at some point during that movement.

1 hour ago, Roo Williams said:

Such an annoying injury!

The shoulder is the most complicated joint in the entire body. Check out the freedom of movement it has compared to something "simple" such as a knee or an elbow.

ok i got the xray. Pretty standard broken collar bone. The one giving me the xray even told. That he had 2 broken collar bones himself. So ill just have to walk with a sling to hold my arm for the next couple of weeks they told. My shoulder joint is totally fine. No harm there.

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

ok i got the xray. Pretty standard broken collar bone. The one giving me the xray even told. That he had 2 broken collar bones himself. So ill just have to walk with a sling to hold my arm for the next couple of weeks they told. My shoulder joint is totally fine. No harm there.

I was worried when you didn't post again for a while yesterday after the accident.  I had a feeling you may have had a more significant injury just based on your comments and the speed at which you said you went down. 

Makes me even more conscious of how lucky you probably were to have been wearing the full-face helmet.  You may have ended up even more seriously hurt.  I realized earlier today that my old helmet that I thought fit me well actually doesn't fit me as well as I believed.  I have a feeling I'll be wearing the full-face more often than I had initially thought.  

I wish I knew more about collar bone injuries and what the recovery is like.    

19 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I was worried when you didn't post again for a while yesterday after the accident.  I had a feeling you may have had a more significant injury just based on your comments and the speed at which you said you went down. 

Makes me even more conscious of how lucky you probably were to have been wearing the full-face helmet.  You may have ended up even more seriously hurt.  I realized earlier today that my old helmet that I thought fit me well actually doesn't fit me as well as I believed.  I have a feeling I'll be wearing the full-face more often than I had initially thought.  

I wish I knew more about collar bone injuries and what the recovery is like.    

i got a pretty standard collar bone fracture. and i need to wear a sling to hold my arm for a few weeks. and then i need to do some training with my hand because it has been stationary for weeks. not a big deal.

the reason i stopped responding yesterday was because it was late and i just wanted to go to bed and rest

OK, you guys ( @Shad0z, @who_the, and @Roo Williams) have convinced me to start wearing the elbow pads again :cry2:  Thanks :)

So sorry to hear about the broken collar bone @Shad0z. Fortunately you won't have to stop riding for a couple of months. Sounds like if you're going to break anything, it should be the collar bone :P

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, you guys ( @Shad0z, @who_the, and @Roo Williams) have convinced me to start wearing the elbow pads again :cry2:  Thanks :)

So sorry to hear about the broken collar bone @Shad0z. Fortunately you won't have to stop riding for a couple of months. Sounds like if you're going to break anything, it should be the collar bone :P

im soon up riding again. but im a little worried. my tesla is making some weird sounds. you know like the sound that comes from idling or going up a very steep hill? that sound is like even more powerfull now. i dont know if its anything. my control board is fine as far as i could see. and it may just be the shell taking a hard impact maybe bending in some way making it amplify the motor vibrations? or its just my previous issue with my control board not being mounted properly so it shakes. creating a vibration sound because of the gyro moving. but i will look into it once im heeled up!

and i will be out riding again. this addiction is gonna take my life :P 

in a few years i will be getting anxiety without touching an euc for a few hours :roflmao:

nothing gonna stop me from riding! :D 

especially when i have that sweet free healthcare on hand :P 

Archived