Celebration Advice

Holt

1 hour ago, Holt said:

Hit the thousand mile mark.  Decided a short break in the Turks and Caicos was in order.

Cheers from Providenciales!

A8D787FA-127E-4727-A75A-20F5EFC2B870.jpeg

You shouldn't dress that way... The EUC safety police on this site will tell you it is irresponsible!

Lol - it’s hard to pass up 2 hours by air from Charlotte.  The Caribbean is fantastic! I did see a hotel guard on a big two wheel euc.  My better half said it looked homemade but I think it was a Segway.  Wish I had snapped a pic.

Too bad the Wheellog app can't automatically log the BT identifier of the wheels, store an icon of them in a "garage", and then record miles/kilometres travelled along with vital statistics like top speed, average distance/speed, etc.  Kinda like those racing games with the fancy cars.  Need for Speed, etc. 

Is there any way to load up and view saved trips? 

17 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Too bad the Wheellog app can't automatically log the BT identifier of the wheels, store an icon of them in a "garage", and then record miles/kilometres travelled along with vital statistics like top speed, average distance/speed, etc.  Kinds like those racing games with the fancy cars.  Need for Speed, etc. 

Is there any way to load up and view saved trips? 

@Marty Backe uses a notebook... Never runs flat. Never has connectivity issues. And configurable to store all the data you need.

Of course that does mean that calculating the combined mileage would be the result of "old maths," which I think gives different answers.

9 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Have they recovered pretty well from last years huricanes??  They got hit pretty hard twice!  I was down there on a live aboard last May making bubbles under water, glad I did that trip in May!!

Dive Provo baby!!  We dove two days and it was fantastic.  Recovery is hit and miss.  We stayed at ocean club west and it was in like new condition.  Cabbie told us the locals are still haggling with insurance companies and everyone has a new roof (at least).

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:eff00eab1e: I have no idea what you're talking aboot.

Aw come on, I recently had the realization I could use an "aboot" joke with you, even though that would have been a cheap jab (also I forgot aboot that again), but now you already said it yourself and that deflated it too much. Killjoy:efef27703d:

Off topic but .... in case anyone wanted to know it is possible to jump start a 737.  Apparently the  little ‘third’ engine responsible for charging the battery system on our plane won’t spin up.  That creates juice to start engines.  Yep.  Capt just told is they are gonna jump start one engine and then we will roll start the second going down the run way.  Tune into cnn in about twenty minutes.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:45 AM, Holt said:

What’s the celebration protocol for achieving one thousand miles on your first wheel?  It will more than likely happen on my next ride!

I think in most cases the proper outcome would be the award of a suitable medal. Heroic pilots of the First World War would earn the Blue Max so perhaps the Blue Marty would be appropriate?

Or, if those daring men on one wheel could be seen as modern day Knights then something along the lines of “The Order of St John” could only possibly be “The Order of St Jason” in honour of our most active and supportive vendor @Jason McNeil. Or, come to think of it, perhaps simply “The Order of St @John Eucist!

However this could only ever be awarded once as it is well known that:

Once a King - always a King...

but once a knight is enough!

of course we would have to make a special case for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, as he wouldn’t so much want just a medal but also a chest to pin it on ?.

18 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

Haha, how many miles do you think you have if you add all your wheels?

I just added up all the mileage from my different wheels, past and present. 5460-miles over a period of 22-months :blink1: I actually didn't think I had ridden that much. I know some guys burn through a lot more miles than that, but considering that I don't used the wheels for commuting, that's a decent number. I better slow down ;)

Archived