Gotway Tesla, best long distance commuter of 2018

Alien Rides

:efefae4566:

What do you mean by overleaned easily, shouldn't the 80% alarm beeping kick in before that?

Also, I think due to your channel name half of my Youtube suggestions are other EUC videos, and half are ancient Alien pyramid hollow earth conspiracy themed:efee612b4b:

Also, what's the name of the helmet your're wearing at the end? Very interested in this barebones style for the summer!

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Commuter wheel of the year, but not a word about it being water proof? You clearly don't live in Europe :D  

I haven't done extensive waterproof testing of any wheel, but have ridden most wheels I've owned in the rain. For me it's mainly a question of pedal and wheel grip, curious as to what your thoughts are on the best wet weather wheel?

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What do you mean by overleaned easily, shouldn't the 80% alarm beeping kick in before that? 

I have a big build, and with a full backpack of gear I can approach 250 Lbs (~110 Kgs). If I break or accelerate hard on this wheel, I can cause it to overlean and cut out in either direction pretty easily. I can do this for any wheel though, but find it actually a bit harder to do on the 18" that I ride more aggressively on.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Also, what's the name of the helmet your're wearing at the end? Very interested in this barebones style for the summer!

It's a Fox sports mountain biking helmet. I like the fact that it's full face, and since it's for mountain biking it's very light. You can find a few more shots of me using it in my videos, or on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alienrides/

• Upvote 1

Very few owners of Tesla here, a lot of owners of KS16S with 1000+ km, some with 7000+ km, and so many preorders of KS18L, so doubtly anyone here will agree with this title. Tesla was released when GotWay had really bad situation with quality and spare parts, so it wasn't selling at all.

This year KS16S still dominates our market, followed by KS18A/S and MSuper V3.

Edited by EZhel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

KingSong makes a great wheel and I agree about the quality situation. I've had KingSong wheels in the past, but don't currently own a 16S - I would like to though, so maybe I'll see if I can pick one up.

I've heard good things about how smooth and fast Tesla is, it's just that there aren't many owners in my country afaik, comparing to any recent KS models.

For long distance commutes, I personally ordered an MSuper X 1600, today we rode 104km, charged ks16s twice from 30% to full with 7A charger, need huge battery.

7 hours ago, EZhel said:

For long distance commutes, I personally ordered an MSuper X 1600, today we rode 104km, charged ks16s twice from 30% to full with 7A charger, need huge battery. 

For sure, nothing beats the battery of an MSuper or Monster, so those win hands down for super long distance riding or mountain climbing.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

18S?

I've had an KS18 before and I think they are the most comfortable wheel I've ever ridden. It was great for mid-range hills. I'm not yet convinced that it has the power to climb long distance/steep mountains, but I haven't tried the latest model. Definitely a great wheel though.

50 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

I've had an KS18 before and I think they are the most comfortable wheel I've ever ridden. It was great for mid-range hills. I'm not yet convinced that it has the power to climb long distance/steep mountains, but I haven't tried the latest model. Definitely a great wheel though.

When I did my mountain stress test of the KS18S, it was fantastic at climbing the steepest hills that I could throw at it.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So far I did around 300 km on my Tesla riding on different roads and trails. Great hill climber and has a superiour torque.  With my weight around 205 pounds with gear I easily do 25 miles with 30% charge left. Very satisfied with this wheel especially during city commuting. You can turn this wheel 180 degrees on the spot effortlessly which is good inside crowdy spaces. It accelerated easily up to 30 mph. After 25 mph it starts sometimes wobbling.  But I blame my poisture on the wheel and inability to relax at such speeds. 

This wheel is definitely not good to use on trails with large stones or trees roots due to low pads. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, Nelp said:

So far I did around 300 km on my Tesla riding on different roads and trails. Great hill climber and has a superiour torque.  With my weight around 205 pounds with gear I easily do 25 miles with 30% charge left. Very satisfied with this wheel especially during city commuting. You can turn this wheel 180 degrees on the spot effortlessly which is good inside crowdy spaces. It accelerated easily up to 30 mph. After 25 mph it starts sometimes wobbling.  But I blame my poisture on the wheel and inability to relax at such speeds. 

This wheel is definitely not good to use on trails with large stones or trees roots due to low pads. 

I just got a Tesla V2 and I think I understand what you mean by the wobbles above 25mph- it’s hard to stay relaxed and when you’re on an EUC that’s paramount! I am going to get an MSX soon just so that I can feel more stable at high-speeds as I think wheel diameter also plays a large role in alleviating the “tension wobbles”.

• Like 1