V10F vs KS18L?

kindnation

I currently ride an Inmotion V8, and it’s great for riding around the neighborhood and short distance trips.  However I’m looking for a long range cruiser that’s more comfortable on my feet with more power and range.

If given the choice between the Inmotion V10F or KingSong KS18L, what are the pros/cons, better choice? 

• Like 1

I'm also very interested in opinion of someone who tried both. I can compare stats on paper easily and both would be suitable for my needs. I would like to know the difference in handling and general feeling of the wheels.

KS18L seems generally a bit better, also a bit more expensive.

With V10F, huge advantage for me is, that I have official distributor in my country.

• Like 1

I own a 10F and I rode the 18L at the meet up in nyc this weekend that @houseofjob set up.

In my opinion the two wheels ride very similarly , the auto cut off feature of the 18L is not 100 percent smooth , a few times when we lifted it up it didn't work correctly.

I feel like KingSong needs to work on that. There are two videos of us riding both wheels that you can check out

• Like 3

Also tried both at the NYC meetup for the first time. They felt very alike. The v10f was the softer of the two at the time tho I'm sure its software adjustable. Loved the size of the v10f pedals but didn't ride aggressively enough to make a statement on the rubber surface. The 18L showed up later and it felt very much like the v10f, only stiffer (again, software settings maybe). I'd assume with adjusted settings, the v10f would have more torque & agility over the 18L's top speed and stability.  Side pads felt about the same and didn't bother me like the updated Tesla pads do. 

• Like 3

The 18L wins in every thing except app.  King song app sucks.  18L is a lot faster 50kmph top speed vs 40 on V10F, firmware doesn’t throttle, feels smoother at speeds.  Trolley handle was designed, not a afterthought, bolt on like the V10F.  Pedal is grip tape, feels rock solid, the pedal on the inmotion is rubber, constantly feels like it is slipping. 

‘Get the 18L.   Inmotion got their product out first, only reason it is selling.   Now the other wheels are out, inmotion will not sell.

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The 18L wins in every thing except app.  King song app sucks.  18L is a lot faster 50kmph top speed vs 40 on V10F, firmware doesn’t throttle, feels smoother at speeds.  Trolley handle was designed, not a afterthought, bolt on like the V10F.  Pedal is grip tape, feels rock solid, the pedal on the inmotion is rubber, constantly feels like it is slipping. 

‘Get the 18L.   Inmotion got their product out first, only reason it is selling.   Now the other wheels are out, inmotion will not sell.

No such does the tore format matter I mean 18x2.5" vs 16x2.5". I suspect the move from V8s 2.175 to 2.5 is much more noticeable for pothole/bump absortion or am I wrong on that point?

4 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

If Inmotion increased the top speed of the v10f to 30mph and changed the accel/breaking algorithm a little bit (a little faster off the start), would you still think the 18 beats it out?

That would be a fairer fight.

The small stuff again still puts the KS18L over the edge (dual Lenovo charge plugs, more robust trolley). The V10F although does have that number 1 headlight system, throw (to the light the ground in front of your wheel, and regular beam to light what's ahead of you; and personal thing, but I do like the V10F LEDs, though the KS18L Ninebot 16-style implementation is not too shabby too.

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

That would be a fairer fight.

That's what I was thinking.  Hear that @Bobwheel?   Since both of those are potentially just firmware changes, seems do-able. 

After riding my v10f and feeling limited at around 22mph, I don't want to regret the v10f purchase.

• Upvote 2

You can unlock the speed from 40 to 45 km/h thanks to darknessbot app on the v10f. But it’s not official.

Why is it possible on this wheel ? Inmotion already unlocked the speed limit on v5+ in the past. How can we not suppose Inmotion will be the same thing for the v10f ?

Thanks to @eddiemoy we can analyse the max power is rarely over 1800-2000W, maybe while climbing an hill but not at max speed. 

What is your view, how do you explain that point @Bobwheel, @Jeffrey Scott Will ? 

10 minutes ago, Dany Slx said:

Why is it possible on this wheel ? Inmotion already unlocked the speed limit on v5+ in the past. How can we not suppose Inmotion will be the same thing for the v10f ?

Because INMOTION said they would unlock speed for v5f and did not do it, for one?? There was no official speed unlock on v8 either, even though you can unlock it to 35km/h in DarknessBot...

So your statement is pure wishful thinking at this stage.

It's interesting to hear that the V10 rides exactly like a 18" wheel.  I wasn't sure if that would be the case when it was first released.  I knew it had the same width tire, but wasn't sure if it would translate into the same ride experience.  I'd be very interested to learn from those that have tried the MSuper X how it compares to both the Monster and the Z10.  

• Upvote 1

Decisions, Decisions... In the last week it's almost every day I decide "definitely" for either KS18L or V10F and then next day I read some new info and change my mind again. Here is a summary of what I found.

KS18L
+ 10km/h higher top speed - Not sure If I ever want to go that fast, but it should be safer not riding near limits.
+ 76Wh more battery capacity - Just a minor difference
+ Two charging ports
+ USB ports
+ Grip tape pedals - Better grip

V10F
+ 225 EUR cheaper (at least from stores I have available)
+ Better headlight and speakers - That is just a guess, never found any direct comparison
+ Larger pedals with rubber - should maintain its grip "forever" 
+ More reliable cutout button

Both should have similar handling, size, weight and height of pedals. Handle seems to be personal preference.
First batch of V10F seems to have some issues, hopefully resolved by Inmotion by now. Reviews are usually positive with minor complaints / dissatisfaction. Some of those could be fixed with firmware update.
KS18L is so fresh it has almost no reviews yet, but what can be found is highly positive. Only complaint found is handle disconnect mechanism does not work 100%.

I will appreciate any input, or correction. I will probably make final desicion tonight.

EDIT: I did not include app as I usually use it only once for initial setup.

Edited by Juick
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Juick said:

Decisions, Decisions... In the last week it's almost every day I decide "definitely" for either KS18L or V10F and then next day I read some new info and change my mind again. Here is a summary of what I found.

KS18L
+ 10km/h higher top speed - Not sure If I ever want to go that fast, but it should be safer not riding near limits.
+ Two charging ports
+ USB ports

V10F
+ Better headlight and speakers - That is just a guess, never found any direct comparison

Both should have similar handling, size, weight and height of pedals. Handle seems to be personal preference.
First batch of V10F seems to have some issues, hopefully resolved by Inmotion by now. Reviews are usually positive with minor complaints / dissatisfaction. Some of those could be fixed with firmware update.
KS18L is so fresh it has almost no reviews yet, but what can be found is highly positive. Only complaint found is handle disconnect mechanism does not work 100%.

I will appreciate any input, or correction. I will probably make final desicion tonight.

what about the msuper x? i was looking at the ks18l i need more reveiws on the msx though it's looking good

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

what about the msuper x? i was looking at the ks18l i need more reveiws on the msx though it's looking good

I do not trust Gotway. I would consider them If I had supplier / service nearby. I'm not DIY type of guy.

• Upvote 1

While I agree that V10F feels like an 18”, when a bad bump or a pothole comes along, it’s about the physics as a science how the wheel trajectory reacts. There 16” is 16”, period. Therefore it’s much more of an achievement to me that atleast the old Msuper V3 I tried, handled almost like my 16S that has a 2.5” tire.

2 hours ago, Juick said:

...hopefully resolved by Inmotion by now. Reviews are usually positive with minor complaints / dissatisfaction. Some of those could be fixed with firmware update.

”Hopefully” and ”could be” are not words I’d base my decision on... ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, Kael said:

For me the V10F is £200 more than the 18L, so it really was a no-brainer. 

That is odd! In France, the V10F is 400 euros less expensive compare to the K18L (1590 vs 2000)! You can probably order it via Amazon to be covered in case of issue if you wish   ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juick said:

KS18L
+ Two charging ports
+ USB ports

V10F

EDIT: I did not include app as I usually use it only once for initial setup.

"First batch of V10F seems to have some issues," from which the bearing going bad for some users. InMotion said they took action but is it true since the V8 already had the exact same problem???