Flexmeter D30 - thumbs up after wipe out

Greetings!

I got my new unicycle a few days ago and have been teaching myself how to ride.  I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly I have picked it up.  Today was the first day I fell though.  I was trying to go around a corner for the first time and it didn't work out.   I fell backwards and landed right on my wrists but felt absolutely NOTHING with the Flexmeter d30 wrist guards on.    I have no scrapes on my palm, just on the wrist guards.   I almost didn't wear them out today in favour of a smaller pair that came with my unicycle.  I am tossing those and will *always* wear these now.  Just wanted to give these a thumbs up and let you guys know how pleased I am with them, in case you are on the fence about buying a pair.  They were not cheap, but they paid for themselves today!

Someone here on the forum had recommended them in a post.  I don't remember who it was, but thank you!!!

Meghan

It's weird how you can develop a kind of attachment relationship with your safety gear if it proves itself in an accident.  I had the same experience with my Hired Hands wrist guards.  Once I had a fall and had to use them and they proved effective, I became reluctant to consider anything else.  I've since adopted the Flexmeters, but haven't had to test them out yet.  

It is true!  I brought mine over to the computer with me after I got inside.  No idea why.  Feeling pleased with them I guess. ?  Nothing like *not* getting hurt.   I am an artist so I very much appreciate keeping my hands intact so I can continue to paint.

• 2 months later...

I just bought these, glad to see a good experience/review!

I already have hillbilly gloves, which can take a shock, but bend my hands backwards and make it just about impossible to grip anything, even hold onto a fence or lean properly onto a wall to help steady myself.  In fact I started the terrible habit of catching myself on my fingers and thumb in response, so at least I wouldn't come to rest by smashing my palm into every surface (not a friendly thing to do to cars).  Wound up giving myself a very stiff thumb through several of its joints for a solid year.  

The Flexmeters sound great, and I really needed something that didn't basically disable my hands for most anything but crashing into things.

They sell a glove that goes over it on their site, but I ordered the double-sided wrist protector by itself.

Archived