V8 shuts down after turning on

Herbas

Recently my V8 started to promptly (like within half a second) shut down once I turn it on for the first time. All subsequent turning on work just fine.

It has happened like 5-8 times in the last couple of weeks, but I had normal rides after each of them without any issues.

Not 100% sure, but seems like it happens after inactivity period. Happened after charging (to 80-90% and couple of hours "rest" afterwards), or after 2 hours break after riding. Battery temperatures in all cases were around 24C/75F.

Has anyone experienced that? It doesn't seem to be promising (even though no cutoffs during rides)?

• 4 weeks later...

my friend had this also with his brandless cheap unicycle (low power, low battery capacity). the EUC is useless now because he has fear that EUC can shut down at all time.

Hi there,

I also have had my Inmotion V8 did the same and like you, usually when it has had a 80% top up charge or been sat for a few days?  I have never dropped or crashed it; so guess it is just a glitch.  The last time it did it I didn't touch it quickly turned my app on and switched it on and off using the app, that seemed to fix it as it has never done it again touch wood. hope this helps

Wheel-star...

• Upvote 1

For me I found quite an easy solution: I just hold the power button a bit longer (like for a full second) while turning on.

It seems like the button itself became less sensitive or something like that.

• 11 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 1:59 PM, WARPed1701D said:

I get it rarely. It barely starts playing the power up sound and then turns off. It has done it since new. Never had an issue riding though.

Same problem with my V8.

I have a 2018 Glide 3 and I always have issues post charge (100%) where the battery shows a single bar and will not start. The issue resolves itself by continuing to cycle the power button until it displays 5 bars. No issues when riding post incident(s).  

Nice to hear that's not only my problem.

I actually intended to complain about it soon, because it is only 2 months old. But now I think that it probably makes no sense. This problem didn't exist from the beginning, when I let every load run to the end. After 2 weeks I usually charge up to 82.5 volts and maybe there is a correlation?

I can't say what the charging indicator shows when it switches off again, because I haven't paid attention to it yet. I will observe it. But I think that the charge state was not displayed correctly at that moment.