The bad news, and the not so bad news...

Way back in July last year, I started my own personal quest... A quest to find my next wheel! 

It was at great personal sacrifice that I tried every different wheel that I could find. Travelling to Los Angeles, Australia and Singapore I rode just about every model of all the major brands - and a special thanks to everyone I met up with, for both the wheels that I borrowed and the information that I was able to glean. 

And following this adventure, it has been a year of exciting new wheels from all of the big players! However after all of the potential, I have now (finally) confirmed my new wheel... Or rather it has been confirmed for me.

Unfortunately, Mrs. TFU has advised me that I am not allowed get another wheel for myself, as I have spent all of my allowance starting up my own EUC business here in New Zealand!   :facepalm:

That's right... It has been so frustrating trying to get quality wheels in New Zealand that I have taken the leap and set it up so that they will be available for everyone!   :D

It hasn't been as easy as I had hoped, and there was a lot more paperwork than I would have liked, but everything is now in place, I am working with the manufacturers, and the first order is on the way!

So, while I may not be allowed to get myself another wheel just now, I suppose I will be able to console myself with "demonstration wheels" from across the board.

Other than the 2-3 Kiwis on the forum, it isn't too relevant to most of you - and it isn't quite live yet - but feel free to have a look if you're at a loose end... https://www.roll.nz/

46 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Wow, how exciting is that... Best of luck and hope your business bring many joy to your community... You have the winning formula:  Love for the EUC, Light (you're a good man) and the Joy you will share... :clap3:

Glad to see that the hard work you have had to put in to make all this happen is finally coming to fruition. I will be in touch to see if you can supply my next wheel. All the Very Best for this exciting New Venture.

Holy cow! Best of luck with this endeavor! I wholeheartedly hope it turns out well and we start seeing a lot more members on the forums from your side of the world!

This is awesome buddy! Very professional and informative website with easy navigation. It will be exciting to watch your new business grow! I love the fantastic incentive program you include with each wheel purchase. ?

40901718800_1653fb42de_b.jpg

Wow, nice! Good luck with that!

The most important thing (and how I tend to judge dealers) is how good the website is (some are impressively bad, technically, user experience), and yours is really neat! So that's a very good sign:efee8319ab:

Wondering how much "business" considerations you did, aka will selling wheels and other electric rides be profitable, and under which circumstances/numbers. You don't have to tell us the results, just curious how easy/hard/complicated/uncomplicated it is. Or maybe wrangling the manufacturers and customs is the main effort? But since selling PEVs can only be a growing market, so... cool!

Best of luck Kevin!

I wonder if you're close enough to Australia to sell there too, considering it's probably a bigger market?

The site looks cool.

:cheers:

Thank you all for the encouraging feedback - it is very much appreciated!

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

This is awesome buddy! Very professional and informative website with easy navigation. It will be exciting to watch your new business grow! I love the fantastic incentive program you include with each wheel purchase. ?

Actually there is a VIP customer category that includes free return airfares (and it's own special pricing). Consider yourself added.   ;)

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The most important thing (and how I tend to judge dealers) is how good the website is (some are impressively bad, technically, user experience), and yours is really neat! So that's a very good sign:efee8319ab:

I agree completely - so there has been a bit of effort to ensure that it looks, works and flows well.

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wondering how much "business" considerations you did, aka will selling wheels and other electric rides be profitable, and under which circumstances/numbers. You don't have to tell us the results, just curious how easy/hard/complicated/uncomplicated it is. Or maybe wrangling the manufacturers and customs is the main effort? But since selling PEVs can only be a growing market, so... cool!

The business aspect has been challenging - mainly because it is virtually an untested market here - though I have no idea why as the lower population density and abundance of hills (at least where I live) make PEVs too practical - hopefully, others will think the same once they can see them. And yes, the whole import thing is less than easy too.

6 hours ago, litewave said:

Is it you or a neighbor "up the road" who is selling the LHotz?

Not me - just some (other) eccentric who rides around on those ridiculous one wheel contraptions.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wonder if you're close enough to Australia to sell there too, considering it's probably a bigger market?

Sshhh... Don't give away my plan for global unicycle domination!   :facepalm:   

Sweet bajeebers.  :blink:  Congratulations on diving into the dealer pool!  It's a shallow one, but you've made it a bit deeper now!  I thought you were already knee deep with your other job and travelling?  Is this going to be more of a part time on the side business venture?  When's the world EUC DOMINATION happening!!!???  :w00t2:  More importantly, when is the VIP buyers section going up with the "at cost" pricing specials for your best buddies on the forum?  :whistling:    Plus where's all the Gotway wheels?  :cry2:

I might have chosen a more catchy site name though.  Roll.nz sounds more like a marijuana site.  Hold the phone.... at least you have a side business to the side business to fall back on.  :innocent1:

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sweet bajeebers.  :blink:  Congratulations on diving into the dealer pool!  It's a shallow one, but you've made it a bit deeper now!  I thought you were already knee deep with your other job and travelling?  Is this going to be more of a part time on the side business venture?  When's the world EUC DOMINATION happening!!!???  :w00t2:  More importantly, when is the VIP buyers section going up with the "at cost" pricing specials for your best buddies on the forum?  :whistling:    Plus where's all the Gotway wheels?  :cry2:

I might have chosen a more catchy site name though.  Roll.nz sounds more like a marijuana site.  Hold the phone.... at least you have a side business to the side business to fall back on.  :innocent1:

Thanks... I think.

My "other" job is quite flexible, so I can adjust things as necessary - and the travel may also be quite beneficial.

And there will be other brands coming... What you see on the site at the moment is just a start. But you are right - once we "legalise the herb" our product offering may change considerably.   ;)

Archived