Jump to content
Alsayyad

Gotway MSuper X arrived

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The next video will show some riding and impressions. Lots of 4k footage, lots of CPU cycles required to process :crying:

It's hard to see anything for me in the video and especially without references looking into Msuper before, so Marty did you see or know what axle thickness and motor cable gauge is, same as your ACM2?

Also the thing Jason mentioned about "pillar/posts/pedal-supports", this looks to be typical Gotway we have seen so far and nothing improved, or not?

Thanks for video and info, so very interested in details about this wheel and of course power! Like some speed with safety margins still available but acceleration and torque also very important, with choices like the ACM2 I asked you about, Tesla, MSX and KS18L the more info available the better and no ability to try them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And yep, it's a Gotway! You can see from the "classic" cable management:efee612b4b: Look at that bundle of organization in the lower part!

That’s a lot of cables and connectors vibrating freely all the time as you ride. I’d attach them to the frame if the wheel was mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

However, you can't expect this to be as fast and responsive as the Tesla or ACM2 due to it being a much bigger wheel.

It's relevant to try and compare the MSuper X with the Z10 and 18L. But you should not try and compare any 18-inch wheel to a 16-inch wheel. 

From what I understand and I can not confirm.  The last run of MSuper V3s+ has the same motor and control board with mofits and fans as the MSuper X. The tire is 3/4” shorter and 1/2 narrower.  That would kinda make it a little known Sleeper model.  Forgotten because of the MSuper X 

Edited by RockyTop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Electroman said:

figure out in my broken English hehe..

I am starting to get a complex.  You have so many poeple apologizing for “ broken English “ when they write better than me.  I only speak one language...... Well?  I guess less than one.  ..........Does C++ count as a second language?  I only know a few words in Klingon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I am starting to get a complex.  You have so many poeple apologizing for “ broken English “ when they write better than me.  I only speak one language...... Well?  I guess less than one.  ..........Does C++ count as a second language?  I only know a few words in Klingon.

Hehehe, Klingon, now that would be impressive!!

Yup C++ counts, hey you can speak in code not everyone can say that. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

Does C++ count as a second language?  I only know a few words in Klingon.

stk::out << "Hello"

 

Please excuse my broken C++ :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats! msuper is my fav wheel - although this seems like a different beast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

 

I must say I'm drawn by the pedal height.  If I had one issue with ACM2 it's the pedal height... :facepalm:

Edited by Mark Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The next video will show some riding and impressions. Lots of 4k footage, lots of CPU cycles required to process :crying:

it's killing me this waiting ? next upgrade new pc ? seriously though nice videos mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stephen said:

it's killing me this waiting ? next upgrade new pc ? seriously though nice videos mate ?

The East coast (Kingsong 18L) vs West coast (Gotway MSX)... @Marty Backe the East coast is pulling ahead, waiting for the knockout punch from the West coast... :w00t2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still debating my next wheel i have the 16s it's rather the 18l or msx i liked the z10 but think it's too wide and i want one for trail riding i like the 3" tire of the msx i wonder how many miles it will do etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stephen said:

still debating my next wheel i have the 16s it's rather the 18l or msx i liked the z10 but think it's too wide and i want one for trail riding i like the 3" tire of the msx i wonder how many miles it will do etc 

I too am intrigued about the Z series, will have to wait until all the sizes are out and reviewed before I will put my money down, it may be something to consider next summer... :cheers:

Edited by Mark Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, 

I heard about a tiltback  operating at 25 Km/H and above on the Super X. Apparently it is considered as a new "feature" and can t be removed with app. 
Can any one confirm this pls ??

Edited by Popeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Popeye said:

Hello everyone, 

I heard about a tiltback  operating at 25 Km/H and above on the Super X. Apparently it is considered as a new "feature" and can t be removed with app. 
Can any one confirm this pls ??

All I can confirm is that this MSuper X that I rode had no such limitation. If you know Gotway and  their wheels, that limitation would be crazy. Just doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Popeye said:

Hello everyone, 

I heard about a tiltback  operating at 25 Km/H and above on the Super X. Apparently it is considered as a new "feature" and can t be removed with app. 
Can any one confirm this pls ??

I'm not sure how true it is but according to this site there may be a tiltback upto 200km. I can't see Gotway doing it with the MSuper X when they haven't with other wheels.

https://store.urban360.com/produit/gotway-msuper-x-2000w-19-pouces-precommande-juin-2018/

Capture.JPG.21f191ce82db474f33e58a2c7dc36b7f.JPG

 

Come to think of it though. After seeing this I am wondering if Gotway have added limitations possibly? I used to take my original ACM to 25mph+ easily but my new ACM 2 I haven't got over around 24mph. It could be coincidence & i'm just not pushing it enough? I don't think I'm getting tiltback - it's just not going to 25mph+ as easily.

Edited by TremF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TremF said:

I'm not sure how true it is but according to this site there may be a tiltback upto 200km. I can't see Gotway doing it with the MSuper X when they haven't with other wheels.

https://store.urban360.com/produit/gotway-msuper-x-2000w-19-pouces-precommande-juin-2018/

Capture.JPG.21f191ce82db474f33e58a2c7dc36b7f.JPG

 

Come to think of it though. After seeing this I am wondering if Gotway have added limitations possibly? I used to take my original ACM to 25mph+ easily but my new ACM 2 I haven't got over around 24mph. It could be coincidence & i'm just not pushing it enough? I don't think I'm getting tiltback - it's just not going to 25mph+ as easily.

You're not pushing hard enough :D

Didn't you say that you have to lose some weight :laughbounce2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're not pushing hard enough :D

Didn't you say that you have to lose some weight :laughbounce2:

My ACM most def gotten slower vs when I bought it, same wheel that is.., I just got a bit too fat I suppose.
However, a Swedish saying (and maybe even world wide) "mycket vill ha mer", basically translates to: much want's more. The more I have the more I want!

So too heavy and love to lean hard, aggressive forward/backward, glad to hear MSX too have to this hard mode.

Edited by Electroman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're not pushing hard enough :D

Didn't you say that you have to lose some weight :laughbounce2:

I figured I wasn't pushing hard enough. I may need to play Iron Maidens - Phantom of the Opera to help set the pace :eff034a94a: 

As for the weight... ? I am actually lighter than when I had the original ACM though I do still want to lose more. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marty Backe  First off al, thank you for all the reviews and the good work you are sharing with us. 

And just a little question, did u feel that tiltback on the new super X after reaching the 25 Km/h ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Popeye said:

Hello everyone, 

I heard about a tiltback  operating at 25 Km/H and above on the Super X. Apparently it is considered as a new "feature" and can t be removed with app. 
Can any one confirm this pls ??

I have the newest MSuper V3s+.  It tilted at a very slow speed.  I tried to adjust it to 50 several times with the GotWay app and it would not change.  I was not familiar with the GotWay app so I switched to the DarknessBot and changed it up to 50.  After that I could adjust it with the GotWay app.  It likes to go fast so be carful and if you are a new rider it would be best to put the 200km on it first anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...