Gotway MSuper X arrived

34 minutes ago, Popeye said:

@Marty Backe  First off al, thank you for all the reviews and the good work you are sharing with us. 

And just a little question, did u feel that tiltback on the new super X after reaching the 25 Km/h ??

No tilt-back. None of us experienced any tilt-back.

Something that I have noticed with my new GotWay MS V3s+ 2000w  with new board is that every time I do a calibration it resets the total mileage.  I was at around 80 km when I calibrated it for the first time to reduce turn dip. I should have checked the angle before calibrating.  I set it to level and rode it.  I checked the mileage for my daily log book and the total mileage said 3.2km.  I blamed the app.  I hated the new angle of the pedals so I changed it to 3 degrees.  I rode it and checked the total mileage. 1.2 km.  I set the angle to 2 degrees and then checked the mileage. 0 km. I rode it and liked the angle.  Checked the total mileage 4.7 km.  The total mileage has continued to work fine ever since.  

Edited by RockyTop

Just now, RockyTop said:

Something that I have noticed with my new GotWay MS V3s+ 2000w  with new board is that every time I do a calibration it resets the total mileage.  I was at around 80 km when I calibrated it for the first time to reduce turn dip. I should have checked the angle before calibrating.  I set it to level and rode it.  I checked the mileage for my daily log book and it said 3.2km.  I blamed the app.  I hated the new angle of the pedals so I changed it to 3 degrees.  I rode it and checked the mileage. 1.2 km.  I set the angle to 2 degrees and then checked the mileage. 0 km. I rode it and liked the angle.  Checked the mileage 4.7 km.  The mileage has continued to work fine ever since.  

It might not reset the total mileage, just the milage since when? I think last charge but not sure.

The problem is that they appear alternatively, sometimes when you wanna see the total milage of the wheel, you need to spin it until it shows the good values.

3 minutes ago, Tbx Nicolas said:

It might not reset the total mileage, just the milage since when? I think last charge but not sure.

The problem is that they appear alternatively, sometimes when you wanna see the total milage of the wheel, you need to spin it until it shows the good values.

That is what I thought also.  I just checked again. My last ride was 3.7km  and my total is now 21km.  

My last big ride was on Friday and it was 37km. I had 49km at the start of the ride.  None of that reflects in the total mileage.  

I will continue to try to make sense of it but at some point I should see a total mileage number over 100km. 

5 hours ago, TremF said:

I'm not sure how true it is but according to this site there may be a tiltback upto 200km. I can't see Gotway doing it with the MSuper X when they haven't with other wheels.

https://store.urban360.com/produit/gotway-msuper-x-2000w-19-pouces-precommande-juin-2018/

Capture.JPG.21f191ce82db474f33e58a2c7dc36b7f.JPG

Come to think of it though. After seeing this I am wondering if Gotway have added limitations possibly? I used to take my original ACM to 25mph+ easily but my new ACM 2 I haven't got over around 24mph. It could be coincidence & i'm just not pushing it enough? I don't think I'm getting tiltback - it's just not going to 25mph+ as easily.

My brand new ACMv2 went 31mph my first ride before I slowed down, I didn't go faster but I could have. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Adumb said:

My brand new ACMv2 went 31mph my first ride before I slowed down, I didn't go faster but I could have. 

The ACMv2 and ACM2 aren't the same so it could have been they decided to play safer with newer wheels but yes it is most likely I am not pushing the ACM2 enough :) 

ewheels sells the Tesla-ized ACM (= the "ACM2" as far as Speedy Feet is concerned) as ACMv2 so in this case it seems to be clear what wheel we are talking about. The old ACM goes to emergency spin mode at 50km/h and you would have noticed that (that crash:efef77eaf5:).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

ewheels sells the Tesla-ized ACM (= the "ACM2" as far as Speedy Feet is concerned) as ACMv2 so in this case it seems to be clear what wheel we are talking about. The old ACM goes to emergency spin mode at 50km/h and you would have noticed that (that crash:efef77eaf5:).

Yeah Gotway is horrible with their monikers, I'm talking about the newest ACM ala Tesla motor. 

Edited by Adumb
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That was great Dan. Glad you captured some additional cool video. I never get to see myself in videos :D

Cool vid... I wonder if anyone has thought of painting their selfie stick white and seeing what peoples reactions were when riding, especially at speed? :shock2:

• Like 2

Wonder if anyone put two video camera together one pointing forward and one pointing back and edit them accordingly.  It's done often on motorcycle videos...  Maybe too heavy, have no knowledge on videoing.  :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I was looking at this camera which is basically what you are describing but in one neat package.

https://www.mi.com/us/mj-panorama-camera/

So far I'm not very impressed with 360 degree video cameras.  The video quality look horrid to me, I'm thinking more of high quality, like the one Marty or Dan is using but double it up...

Edited by Mark Lee

It's up on Speedyfeet: https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/msuper-x

1950GBP (2200€ /2600$) for the 1600Wh. Don't know what the ms3 price was, but I think it was the same. Frenchies want 2500€ for it because hey that's what they doTM. What is the U.S. price?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's up on Speedyfeet: https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/msuper-x

1950GBP (2200€ /2600$) for the 1600Wh. Don't know what the ms3 price was, but I think it was the same. Frenchies want 2500€ for it because hey that's what they doTM. What is the U.S. price?

bloody vat at £330 for UK buyers ?

Screenshot_20180613-182833.jpg

Edited by stephen

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks, ok so X is out for me in regards to buying form EU.

Too bad it's problematic from Jason in US, suppose China is what's left on my budget at least, fully understand those ho can buy from Ian/Jason and even jealous of you US based buyers getting better price and service. ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Am I correct that there are only two riding modes on the Msuper X? I'd imagine the hard mode doesn't have any of the slow reacting swing that keeps tilting more forward for a few seconds after you start to accelerate? If the soft mode is reminicent of the old Msuper v3, I'd guess it does have the slow swing.

How is the tinnitus-whine on Msuper X? Louder or quieter than KS 16S?

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Am I correct that there are only two riding modes on the Msuper X? I'd imagine the hard mode doesn't have any of the slow reacting swing that keeps tilting more forward for a few seconds after you start to accelerate? If the soft mode is reminicent of the old Msuper v3, I'd guess it does have the slow swing.

How is the tinnitus-whine on Msuper X? Louder or quieter than KS 16S?

The app lets you set 3 different modes, although I only tried two. Where did you read that there are only two :confused1:

The MSuper X is absolutely quiet like all of the new Gotway wheels. No whine. The KS16S is old technology.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

ACM2, no whine. New MSuper V3s+, no whine. MCM5, no whine.

100V Monster, no whine also ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The app lets you set 3 different modes, although I only tried two. Where did you read that there are only two :confused1:

Oh, good to know! It’s just because people always talk about the hard and the soft mode, never about the medium. How is the medium mode on the X? Does it have the slow/delayed swing, or more instant rocking like the KingSongs?

Not having the whine is great news!

Edited by mrelwood