Gotway MSuper X arrived

32 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Those pads do seem wrong. It appears to be coming off in this pic, top right.

20180608_213126.jpg

I wouldn't say they have been fitted wrongly to the revised shell, rather just fitted poorly with double-sided tape that maybe is not up to the job (read: GotWay is still not quite there yet regarding finer detail) I wouldn't let that put me off buying an Msuper X though, considering all the other positives with the control board improvements etc.

• Like 1

Welle first of all grats for your new wheel ;)

And , could u may be let me know how long the food pedals exactly are ?

I am very interested in this wheel but have big foots, so really need long foot pedals on it and couldn t find the info anywhere :(

Thank you in advance and have fun ;)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Popeye said:

Welle first of all grats for your new wheel ;)

And , could u may be let me know how long the food pedals exactly are ?

I am very interested in this wheel but have big foots, so really need long foot pedals on it and couldn t find the info anywhere :(

Thank you in advance and have fun ;)

It's the same MSuper pedal, which until the V10F, I think was the biggest most comfortable pedal available.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Linnea has indicated that this first batch has pillar/posts/pedal-supports that are improved in the 'Export' type "first batch of pillars only used in the wheels for mainland as Chinese are not with heavier weight", just a FYI. Will ask to get some side-by-side pictures for Monday.

Sorry, get confused in regards to the English language at times..

Could you please "dumb down" or simplify when you mean so I can follow Jason?

This could perhaps be the only way for me to get this wheel asap, via China that is and as a heavier rider I would like to understand would I possibly could miss out...? If they do different designs for China and world market that would be a bit crazy to me when probably just better to stick to one design and allow that to be over engineered for the lighter Chinese but just my 2 cents I am still deciding on what wheel and wait for Marty and co to ride this and give impressions.

3 hours ago, Electroman said:

Sorry, get confused in regards to the English language at times..

Could you please "dumb down" or simplify when you mean so I can follow Jason?

I think it's just a matter of splitting up the sentences:

Linnea has indicated that this first batch has pillar/posts/pedal-supports that are improved in the 'Export' type.

"first batch of pillars only used in the wheels for mainland, as Chinese are not with heavier weight". --> said by someone at Gotway

just a FYI.

Will ask to get some side-by-side pictures for Monday.

In short: they produce more robust pedal supports for the rest of the world compared to China

23 hours ago, Alsayyad said:

To help this discussion, production on this unit was finished on May 27 2018, 13 days ago.

~Yasin

I’m amazed that your unit was produced on May 27th and you received it already.. that’s impressive!

Edited by Mrd777

On 6/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

True, but it still seems to be the same exact shape, so the same basic mold - the thing that costs a lot of money to produce. I guess they can add the insert modifications without having to use a new mold? I have no idea how such parts are made, it just seems obvious that they used the "old shell" instead of a new design even if it isn't optimal (tire clearance), and one can guess why. It's just a guess (also with a new design, they would probably put the board on top like with all their other newer/post-ACM/ms3 wheels).

Looking very much forward to see what you find out if you look for the differences between the two wheels!:thumbup:

The base shell outer dimensions are the same as the MSuper V3+. However, the cutout for the tire has been increased by ~1/8-inch. So the tire in no wheel feels "crammed" into the shell to make it fit. There is plenty of clearance to the sides and above the tire to let in typical road/trail debris.

• Upvote 1

I'm curious of the difference in having the same 2000w motor in a different wheel size. Like is the MSX have torque? Uphill? Speed is a non-issue I know it goes faster than I would ever ride. Comfort and power is important I have started to find my 18s a bit sludgy off the start, especially after a brief Tesla ride.

I need more get up n go, but that may be a lot to ask from such a big wheel.

6 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I'm curious of the difference in having the same 2000w motor in a different wheel size. Like is the MSX have torque? Uphill? Speed is a non-issue I know it goes faster than I would ever ride. Comfort and power is important I have started to find my 18s a bit sludgy off the start, especially after a brief Tesla ride.

I need more get up n go, but that may be a lot to ask from such a big wheel.

This wheel feels faster off the line, and it certainly raced up some steepish hills that we road it on. I won't know until I get mine if it's as good a trail hill climber that I anticipate it to be.

40 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Huge props to Yasin for making the early video review by Marty possible.  :clap3:

I was surprised by the pedal angle in comparison to the older MSuper.  I think I remember hearing Yasin say that it's because of the wider shell design.  It was also interesting to note that the power difference between the two MSupers was as noticeable as it is.  I shouldn't be surprised considering how positive the response has been to the Tesla's 2000W engine.  

I was surprised by how quickly Yasin was able to strip the wheel down in the garage.  Shell itself is definitely improved with the metal screw inserts and machine screws.  

Was hoping for some subjective ride impressions after you guys swapped wheels in the parking lot!  I'm sure we won't have to wait long for impressions to start coming in.  

The next video will show some riding and impressions. Lots of 4k footage, lots of CPU cycles required to process :crying:

• Upvote 2

@Alsayyad Thanks for opening it!!

And yep, it's a Gotway! You can see from the "classic" cable management:efee612b4b: Look at that bundle of organization in the lower part!

5wjRdX.jpg

There seem to be no more motor connectors! Motor power cables screwed right into the board? Cool!

@Marty Backe Were you by chance able to discern whether the msX has the Tesla motor, or a new one?

• Like 3