Gotway MSuper X arrived

1 hour ago, Alsayyad said:

Hello,

It is an exciting night. The MSuper X has arrived. I purchased the 1600 model from Green Fashion via Ali-Express. It arrived with 19% battery so I will have to save my riding evaluation for tomorrow. Nevertheless, below are some pictures that will resolve several unanswered questions for some. More to come!

Video is of the light modes:

https://youtu.be/lZJ57MEkk0U

20180608_212333.jpg

20180608_212800.jpg

20180608_212808.jpg

20180608_212813.jpg

20180608_212846.jpg

20180608_212906.jpg

20180608_213009.jpg

20180608_213106.jpg

20180608_213112.jpg

20180608_213120.jpg

20180608_213126.jpg

20180608_213203.jpg

20180608_213208.jpg

Hey Yasin! Are you available to meetup this Sunday by chance. I'd love to see this in person :w00t2:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey Yasin! Are you available to meetup this Sunday by chance. I'd love to see this in person :w00t2:

Hey Marty,

I'd be happy to show and let you test, along with anyone else who wishes Sunday. I live in Irvine, and have a few fun local rides (particularly the Shady Canyon Bike Trail or San Diego Creek trail).

So, for anyone who wishes for this unofficial group ride, lets say Sunday 10 am meeting at the spot here: https://goo.gl/maps/edaNyn4cBx52 . I will be there Sunday regardless if anyone responds, feel free to just show up.

- Yasin
(MSuperX, MSuper V3S+, MTen3, Ninebot One)

• Like 3

Thanks for the pictures.  I feel my wallet getting lighter already!  .......With today's technology it is getting SO HARD to rob banks.  ....  Wait, ......Where does Alsayyad live?

4 hours ago, Alsayyad said:

Hey Marty,

I'd be happy to show and let you test, along with anyone else who wishes Sunday. I live in Irvine, and have a few fun local rides (particularly the Shady Canyon Bike Trail or San Diego Creek trail).

So, for anyone who wishes for this unofficial group ride, lets say Sunday 10 am meeting at the spot here: https://goo.gl/maps/edaNyn4cBx52 . I will be there Sunday regardless if anyone responds, feel free to just show up.

- Yasin

I'll be there :clap3:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mokiki said:

Is it just me, or should the legs pads be swapped on the sides? So they flow with the design of the body? Even on the box, the pads look how they should be in my mind, but out of the box they look backwards ?

The pad placement and fit does seem like it could be better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alsayyad said:

Hey Marty,

- Yasin

Thanks Yasin.  I'd love to see some of your routes, and admire your new wheel.  Are we meeting at the park or shopping center?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mokiki said:

Is it just me, or should the legs pads be swapped on the sides? So they flow with the design of the body? Even on the box, the pads look how they should be in my mind, but out of the box they look backwards ?

The picture below shows the correct placement with the tall and round to the back.  I am with you!  It looks like the pads are on the reversed right to left sides.  I saw that same mistake on a happy meal toy.  Was there a guy with big red shoes working that day?  

GotWay Msuper X 19 pouces 2000W-g.jpg

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

The wheels are facing opposite directions but the pads are the same direction as the post above.

Those pads just don't look right. You can clearly see the narrow end sticking above the shell on the right picture.

Personally, I'm confused. I've seen pictures from Gotway with the pad installed two different ways. The indentation in the shell has the wider part of the pad in the front. But the picture from @Alsayyad shows a really poor fit.

Common Gotway, you can do better than this.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Linnea has indicated that this first batch has pillar/posts/pedal-supports that are improved in the 'Export' type "first batch of pillars only used in the wheels for mainland as Chinese are not with heavier weight", just a FYI. Will ask to get some side-by-side pictures for Monday.

That's why I'm waiting for mine from you Jason. And see if they can get a better fit with the pads while you're at it ;)

9 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

GW have change the orientation of the pad since the first prototype

@Hansolo is correct about GotWay changing the orientation of the pads since the original prototype wheels/images. The shell had a redesign, that also changed the shape/size of the vents. This recent photo of the revised shell clearly shows that the change in orientation No Longer follows the curved shape at the top of the shell!

Shell 1.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fbhb said:

The shell had a redesign

If only. Unfortunately, only the side pads. Wish they had made a new shell instead of cramming this huge tire into the old ms3 shell, resulting in tiny little clearance for the tire. This is the one potential big problem with the ms3! Someone needs to do a mud test with the thing.

Imagine if they finally had designed a new shell, this wheel/shell size could support two battery packs per side. Think of it, msX with 3200Wh and big tire clearance (and maybe a nicer handle and main lights)!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If only. Unfortunately, only the side pads. Wish they had made a new shell instead of cramming this huge tire into the old ms3 shell, resulting in tiny little clearance for the tire. This is the one potential big problem with the ms3! Someone needs to do a mud test with the thing.

Imagine if they finally had designed a new shell, this wheel/shell size could support two battery packs per side. Think of it, msX with 3200Wh and big tire clearance (and maybe a nicer handle and main lights)!

Technically, it can't be the exact same shell since the new one incorporate threaded inserts. I'm going to see the MSuperX tomorrow morning and I will be looking very closely at it, next to my MSuper V3. I'll know for sure if the shell is the same as you suggest.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Technically, it can't be the exact same shell since the new one incorporate threaded inserts. I'm going to see the MSuperX tomorrow morning and I will be looking very closely at it, next to my MSuper V3. I'll know for sure if the shell is the same as you suggest.

True, but it still seems to be the same exact shape, so the same basic mold - the thing that costs a lot of money to produce. I guess they can add the insert modifications without having to use a new mold? I have no idea how such parts are made, it just seems obvious that they used the "old shell" instead of a new design even if it isn't optimal (tire clearance), and one can guess why. It's just a guess (also with a new design, they would probably put the board on top like with all their other newer/post-ACM/ms3 wheels).

Looking very much forward to see what you find out if you look for the differences between the two wheels!:thumbup:

• Like 1